• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a problem with Aliens Colonial Marines:

When i try to install it in Steam it stops at 1% and after 5 min it tells me the Steam servers are busy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For RE6, how many preorders are needed for the tier 3 reward?
Can they just change the number at anytime since it's not listed?

I'm reasonably certain it's completely arbitrary and all three tiers will be achieved regardless of the particular number, which is to say the system is just a falsified method to coax more people into pre-ordering.

Joe Molotov

I'm reasonably certain it's completely arbitrary and all three tiers will be achieved regardless of the particular number, which is to say the system is just a falsified method to coax more people into pre-ordering.

I know if I preordered early and it didn't make the top tier, I would be pissed.

Well, the Company of Heroes 2 pre-orders aren't close to reaching the second tier. Which has probably more to do with THQ though. I wish SEGA would ease my concerns.

JaseC

Well, the Company of Heroes 2 pre-orders aren't close to reaching the second tier. Which has probably more to do with THQ though. I wish SEGA would ease my concerns.

The game has no release date. :p Tomb Raider is a few weeks away and is only 48% short of reaching the third tier.

JaseC

Yeah it was, then they announced it was delayed and then went bankrupt :|

Sega are apparently releasing it on March 31 but god knows what state it is in.

Wikipedia states March 31st, but one of the sources is an Amazon.com listing and the other a Kotaku article from November, when THQ delayed all its known upcoming titles. Has Sega itself actually announced that it intends to keep the 31/03 date?

Should I even get RE6? The FOV of RE5 was so bad I almost passed out.

Wait for a sale if you're genuinely interested. It's truly, truly awful in virtually every respect. The graphics are nice and the game offers plenty of content... but you won't want to play it.

Tizoc

Should I even get RE6? The FOV of RE5 was so bad I almost passed out.

Keep in mind this is NeoGAF, half of them will say it sucks, the other half will say it's good.
I recommened waiting for GMG to have both 25% and 20% discount coupons available and grab it for cheap.

Wikipedia states March 31st, but one of the sources is an Amazon.com listing and the other a Kotaku article from November, when THQ delayed all its known upcoming titles. Has Sega itself actually announced that it intends to keep the 31/03 date?

I'm sure they did...but now I can't find it. It was supposed to still be a beta in February and the end of March for the game.

But that could be out of date. Either way it is wait and see time...but I so want it to be real and good :|

Keep in mind this is NeoGAF, half of them will say it sucks, the other half will say it's good.
I recommened waiting for GMG to have both 25% and 20% discount coupons available and grab it for cheap.

The problem is, if I may use American terms, "Good" at $60 is different to "Good" at $40 as a "better" version with updates and some other goodies thrown in.

For some reason I'm drawn to 6. I'm hoping it'll be one of those "go into it with the right frame of mind and have some fun" kind of games.

Nillansan

you gotta up your pun-game if you want to survive on GAF.

Noted ;)

So apparently Under The Ocean has been Steam approved.

I am kind of curious about how the game got approved, since the game wasn't approved via Greenlight. I thought that Valve omitted the old submission process for indies. Either way it seems like a neat survival/exploration game.

I am kind of curious about how the game got approved, since the game wasn't approved via Greenlight. I thought that Valve omitted the old submission process for indies. Either way it seems like a neat survival/exploration game.
Yeah people kept saying that but it's obviously not true.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
RPS are quite fond of it (WIT), it certainly sounds like a decent game, I will give it a spin at some point.
Yup, it sounds like a descent game indeed.

Damn you Glass Rebel, I wrote this, then looked at your post, and now my joke is ruined. Isn't it enough that you beat me in the Sniper Challenge bet? :(

HoosTrax

I remember downloading the demo of Resident Evil 5 a few years ago for the video benchmark and to play the demo. It didn't seem like much of a survival horror so much as a zombie-themed shooter. And Chris Redfield looking like he was jacked up on all kinds of steroids kind of added to that feeling.

Not sure how accurate that first impression of the game was, I never got around to getting the game.

(Mind you, I'm not really fond of true survival horror and jump scares, so the above isn't necessarily a negative overall impression)

Doomrider

I remember downloading the demo of Resident Evil 5 a few years ago for the video benchmark and to play the demo. It didn't seem like much of a survival horror so much as a zombie-themed shooter. And Chris Redfield looking like he was jacked up on all kinds of steroids kind of added to that feeling.

Not sure how accurate that first impression of the game was, I never got around to getting the game.

(Mind you, I'm not really fond of true survival horror and jump scares, so the above isn't necessarily a negative overall impression)

Your impression is accurate. This is not a bad thing, because the controls are pretty solid, the game is gorgeous and there's a ton of stuff to do. The high production values don't hurt, either. Inventory management sucks big time, though.

I'm considering pre-ordering RE6, at that price. Kind of impressed with Capcom.

GMG has Skydrift on sale today, does their version come with a Steam key?

Yes.

Tizoc

GMG has Skydrift on sale today, does their version come with a Steam key?
EDIT: Can't access GMG at work, learned about it thru their newsletter.

JaseC

I am this close to being done with AssCreed 3; just a few more Benedict Arnold DLC missions to complete and I'll have 100% sync. There's the matter of the George Washington DLC, but it's separate to the main game overworld and thus is not factored into the synchronisation percentage, so I'll just play through it at a later date.

ngt

IndieRoyale is up.
http://www.indieroyale.com/

The Valentines Bundle 2.0

Serious Sam 3: BFE for: steam (pc, mac, linux)
Shad'O for: steam (pc), windows, desura
Oozi: Earth Adventure for: windows, desura
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time for: steam (pc, mac), windows, mac, desura
Lunnye Devitsy 2013 for: windows, desura
Wake for: windows, desura

JaseC

Wait PC got the exclusive PS3 Benedict Arnold missions?

They were rolled into the Season Pass, IIRC.

IndieRoyale is up.
http://www.indieroyale.com/

The Valentines Bundle 2.0

Serious Sam 3: BFE for: steam (pc, mac, linux)
Shad'O for: steam (pc), windows, desura
Oozi: Earth Adventure for: windows, desura
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time for: steam (pc, mac), windows, mac, desura
Lunnye Devitsy 2013 for: windows, desura
Wake for: windows, desura

Indie Royale is the one that lacks milestone bonuses, right? In other words, "what you see is what you get"?

ngt

GMG Deals (all Steam):

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams: £3.53 | $4.08
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/giana-sisters-twisted-dreams/

Max Payne 3: £6.80 | $10.87
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/max-payne-3/

Max Payne 3: Complete Pack £9.00 | $13.99
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/max-payne-3-complete-pack/

Hell Yeah Complete Pack £3.13 | $4.69
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/hell-yeah-complete-pack/

Prices after using code: GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

Nakayumi

Just wanna thank Mr. Orange again for the Sleeping Dogs gift a few weeks back. Just completed it and I gotta say that, in hindsight, it's one of my favorite games of 2012. I'll surely jump back into it for some achievements and the DLC.

Glad that Square Enix made sure this game got released. Sleeping Dogs 2 better be in the works, I want more Wei Shen!

MutFox

Banned
I promised my bro yesterday, if RE6 gets to reward tier 2, I'd get it...
Still, should be fun coop.

RE5 coop was a lot of fun. (never played single player)

JaseC

Get Games is having another X for $Y deal. This time it's 2 for $12, and included among the games are the following Steam-redeemable titles:

- Hotline Miami
- Borderlands: GoTY Edition
- Painkiller: Hell & Damnation
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare
- Mafia 2
- Super Meat Boy
- F.E.A.R. 3
- Hell Yeah!

(Lucius and BioShock 2 are the two non-Steam titles.)

Alternatively, you can pick up the lot for $58.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom