• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deponia is a Point n' Click game, and I've read that it's pretty good. Deponia 3 is releasing later this year, and Deponia 2 is available on Steam.
Mmm, gonna give some deeper thoughts to this then.

I have half the stuff in that bundle... So if I end up getting it, I might have some Steam keys to creatively give away.

edit: The thing is, I can see it coming, "Deponia Collection 75% off", and I'll be "should've waited it"!

The thing is, I can see it coming, "Deponia Collection 75% off", and I'll be "should've waited it"!
This will always be the case. But when will it happen? That is the question.

I even have some unplayed games I bought in the summer sale that were discounted further in other sales. That is the chance one takes (and I have no problems with).
If you see yourself playing the game in the coming half year, buy it. Otherwise wait till next sale or buy at full price when you want to play it.

That said, I bought the bundle BTA, even if I have Trine and Magicka already. $6 is not that much for the amount of games you get. (Do not forget the joy of giving the 'extra' games).

1-D_FTW

Is it free for everyone who already owns the game?

Yeah. It's just a stealth update. Still called Nightsky.

I can finally delete the Nightsky HD files from my desktop that I installed with the humble bundle, but never touched (out of sight, out of mind).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. It's just a stealth update. Still called Nightsky.

I can finally delete the Nightsky HD files from my desktop that I installed with the humble bundle, but never touched (out of sight, out of mind).
Fuck yeah! I'm gonna play it again one day, just to compare it to the old graphics. Did they add achievements too?

Yeah, but in such cases it's hardly worth buying it at any price anyway now, so those 10% are even less important. :)
But seeing a "75% off" label is usually too tempting to resist, so I'd bite on that, even though I may neer play it. Not so if it's only 10% off.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's also Sega. So it's liable to release on consoles, and then have Sega go radio silent on the PC version, only to stealth release it on one mysterious day.

I should work at Sega; I'm excellent at forgetting to do things.

1-D_FTW

Fuck yeah! I'm gonna play it again one day, just to compare it to the old graphics. Did they add achievements too?

Hahahaha... no. They didn't even add any basic options. Not quite sure why it took them six(?) months to finally upload it to Steam, but it's cool that it's finally there.

Xavin

Neo Member
Hello everyone, first time poster here.
Been visiting steamgaf for some time but just got privileges to post so i thought i would say hello and start with giving away a couple leftover indie bundle keys.

Quote to see. (Hopefully i got it right)

Broken Sword 1

Broken Sword 2

Broken Sword 3

Blackwell Deception

Bit.Trip.Runner

Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb dlc

Ceville

Cryostasis

Deponia

Fantasy Wars

Kings Bounty The Legend

Legend of Grimrock

Men of War

Offspring Fling!

Post Mortem

Puzzle Agent 2

Saints Row the Third

Zen Bound 2

1-D_FTW

I should work at Sega; I'm excellent at forgetting to do things.

I'm excellent at not only forgetting, but not caring in the first place. The below is a following example:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507655&highlight=amazing+exclusives

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507525&highlight=amazing+exclusives

How did PC gaf let this pass? Somebody should have started a thread:

Entering its 37th year... PC still offers amazing exclusives to look forward to.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Been visiting steamgaf for some time but just got privileges to post so i thought i would say hello and start with giving away a couple leftover indie bundle keys.

Got Deponia, the only game I wanted from the new Indie Gala.

Thanks a lot, and welcome to the posting group. Watch out what you write and you'll be fine.. :D

Tomodachi

Got Ceville, thanks and welcome to GAF!
Tried Deponia before as well but it was already taken.
EDIT: oh allright, drizzle ninja-ed me :p

kurahador

Games that i want were all taken. :(

Thx though.

Post Mortem

I took this key for Post Mortem. Thanks for sharing and welcome to Gaf.

nexen

Thanks much! Took Zen Bound 2

PhaZZe

Banned

Broken Sword 1

Broken Sword 2

Broken Sword 3

Blackwell Deception

Bit.Trip.Runner

Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb dlc

Ceville

Cryostasis

Deponia

Fantasy Wars

Kings Bounty The Legend

Legend of Grimrock

Men of War

Offspring Fling!

Post Mortem

Puzzle Agent 2

Saints Row the Third

Zen Bound 2

i don't take anything but man thanks!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Holy shit it is so difficult to write "I took the key for Game A,B,C thanks!"

Just trying to write it there was like so much effort. Now I understand why people are such dickbags about it.

Fireblend

Banned

Didn't take anything, but thanks for sharing your keys like this! Welcome to GAF!

Edit: Shame on everyone who took a key without thanking Xavin...

Nabs

I might jump on the Cave @ 15. I'm just going to wait for some impressions or a release date.
Holy shit it is so difficult to write "I took the key for Game A,B,C thanks!"

Just trying to write it there was like so much effort. Now I understand why people are such dickbags about it.

That's why I don't drop keys... I'm pretty sure I have an extra Hotline Miami code, I should probably find someone to give this to.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I might jump on the Cave @ 15. I'm just going to wait for some impressions or a release date.

The only aspect I'm wary of is the length, but there are pre-purchase-exclusive TF2 items so I'm in regardless.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The only aspect I'm wary of is the length, but there are pre-purchase-exclusive TF2 items so I'm in regardless.

How will you ever know how long it is if you never play it? The joy from knowing it is in your library will last forever though.

I don't expect it will be more than a couple hours long though as it seems to expect players to replay it using other character sets.

chunk3rvd

I've only been on steam for a week so that was my first free gift but I almost feel guilty myself getting SR3!

I tried to sign up to the steam gifts site before but it says I can't as I need to have spent $100 on my account and I have spent $0. Is the site for US users only? Have spent a fair few British pounds on Steam already but I'm guessing that doesn't count?

Also, any good deals on Hotline Miami knocking round? Still kicking myself for missing it at £3.49 the day I installed Steam :/

didn't try to take anything, but appreciate the thought and effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom