• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How will you ever know how long it is if you never play it? The joy from knowing it is in your library will last forever though.

I, uh, well...

I don't expect it will be more than a couple hours long though as it seems to expect players to replay it using other character sets.
It's built so you will need at least three playthroughs to see all areas of the cave.

Well, as long as it's a few hours or so, that's acceptable.

I've only been on steam for a week so that was my first free gift but I almost feel guilty myself getting SR3!

I tried to sign up to the steam gifts site before but it says I can't as I need to have spent $100 on my account and I have spent $0. Is the site for US users only? Have spent a fair few British pounds on Steam already but I'm guessing that doesn't count?

Also, any good deals on Hotline Miami knocking round? Still kicking myself for missing it at £3.49 the day I installed Steam :/
It does not matter where you are from. Once you get to an $100 or equivalent in pounds in steam games on your account, you can join.

I've only been on steam for a week so that was my first free gift but I almost feel guilty myself getting SR3!

I tried to sign up to the steam gifts site before but it says I can't as I need to have spent $100 on my account and I have spent $0. Is the site for US users only? Have spent a fair few British pounds on Steam already but I'm guessing that doesn't count?

Also, any good deals on Hotline Miami knocking round? Still kicking myself for missing it at £3.49 the day I installed Steam :/
It works fine for people outside of the US. I'm not sure how or if the currency gets converted to dollars. It's either have ~65 quid worth of games or a hundred quid.

So you better start spending some money mate

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I like doing SteamGifts giveaways because is minimizes the lurker effect to the point where I can call out people for winning the game on the thread.

I know that there are people that can't participate in it, since they're not on the group, but I still think it's a better solution.

chunk3rvd

It does not matter where you are from. Once you get to an $100 or equivalent in pounds in steam games on your account, you can join.

It works fine for people outside of the US. I'm not sure how or if the currency gets converted to dollars. It's either have ~65 quid worth of games or a hundred quid.

So you better start spending some money mate

That's odd then - I picked up Trine, Tropico 4 and Magical Drop V in the sale but it says I have spent nothing :/ I also purchased Batman on GMG and a retail DVD of Dark Souls which I activated on Steam but I'm guessing they don't count towards the total?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm gonna wait to see if I'm busy around The Caves release day. If I'm not, I'll go in at 15$.

Good news:

[url]https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming/status/289393827549155329[/url] said:
Green Man Gaming @GreenManGaming
GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1 gives you 25% off unreleased games ow.ly/gHpys

Too bad I already purchased it two days ago. Oh well.

So.... how is Deponia?

It's what I've been asking in my later posts, haha. At this rate I'll just get the bundle, play the game give away some keys and get Cool/Awesome points and come back to report how it is.

Sudden live edit: Well, I bought the bundle! Downloading Deponia. Will have some keys up for grabs later on.

masterkajo

Hello everyone, first time poster here.
Been visiting steamgaf for some time but just got privileges to post so i thought i would say hello and start with giving away a couple leftover indie bundle keys.

Quote to see. (Hopefully i got it right)
Kings Bounty The Legend

Puzzle Agent 2

Wow, thanks for all the keys. Wanted to activate Puzzle Agent 2 or Kings Bounty The Legend but both were already gone.

tjohn86

Been visiting steamgaf for some time but just got privileges to post so i thought i would say hello and start with giving away a couple leftover indie bundle keys.

Quote to see. (Hopefully i got it right)

Broken Sword 1

Broken Sword 2

Broken Sword 3

Blackwell Deception

Bit.Trip.Runner

Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb dlc

Ceville

Cryostasis

Deponia

Fantasy Wars

Kings Bounty The Legend

Legend of Grimrock

Men of War

Offspring Fling!

Post Mortem

Puzzle Agent 2

Saints Row the Third

Zen Bound 2

Tried to grab Broken Sword but it was gone! Thanks anyway man! Welcome!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You can never be sure with Capcom. Remember Me and Resident Evil 6 both look like 5-10$ Amazon pickups.

This is Capcom so it's all a test and if you wait till those games are 5-10$ on Amazon that will be considered a failure and they will find something worse than GFWL to test us with next.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome to the machine! I'm not taking anything, but want to thank you anyway for the giveaways.

Every time I read about someone having to wait for months to be approved, I feel happy I only had to wait 2 days xD

ShaneB

UE3 will still have its place. I'm sure Star Wars 1313 will run just fine. :p

Heh, well I say current laptop because I'm sure in the future I'll get a new gaming pc and won't have to worry anyway, but my laptop runs everything now pretty great anyway, so I'd like that to last for a bit longer. lol

iavi

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed $26.99

If GMG match the price and it can stack with the new coupon it might be my first pre-order game this year.

FINALLY!! And at 29.99 too. Between This and Anarchy Reigns, I'm loving this new Sega, in terms of pricing sense.

UE3 will still have its place. I'm sure Star Wars 1313 will run just fine. :p

Lol. Honestly, I'm hoping a lot of next-gen titles use UE3, just because it is so proven, and still puts out visuals like 1313 and Samiritan when not having to take this gen of consoles into consideration.

Tizoc

I wonder if Sonic Racing Transformed will have pre-order TF2 hats items?

Well I installed Jamestown and gonna install Analogue soon.
Won't install any big games that are more than 200 MB til I get my new lappy by March/Feb. @_@.

Nabs

That's a nice price, especially when you consider the potential GMG coupon and future 4-pack. $22.50 sounds perfect.

I wonder if 1/31/2013 is a real date or just placeholder. I guess we'll find out soon.
I wonder if Sonic Racing Transformed will have pre-order TF2 hats items?

Well I installed Jamestown and gonna install Analogue soon.
Won't install any big games that are more than 200 MB til I get my new lappy by March/Feb. @_@.

It's definitely a possibility. I think there are TF2 characters in game.

JaseC

Heh, well I say current laptop because I'm sure in the future I'll get a new gaming pc and won't have to worry anyway, but my laptop runs everything now pretty great anyway, so I'd like that to last for a bit longer. lol

You have about 10 or so months left at best before the Nextbox and/or PS4 arrive, so best start saving now. ;)

FINALLY!! And at 29.99 too. Between This and Anarchy Reigns, I'm loving this new Sega, in terms of pricing sense.

Pity this pricing sense doesn't apply to Australia. :(

Tizoc

That's a nice price, especially when you consider the potential GMG coupon and future 4-pack. $22.50 sounds perfect.

I wonder if 1/31/2013 is a real date or just placeholder. I guess we'll find out soon.

It's definitely a possibility. I think there are TF2 characters in game.

tHE DATe is prob. a placeholder and yes
Pyro, Heavy and Spy are in the game as one 'character', each driving/piloting a different vehicle

Lain

Preordered The Cave from GMG. I'm not really that happy about paying in advance for stuff (which is why I never preorder digital games) but it was kinda cheap (8.95€ after voucher and trading 2 of their free games) and I love Ron Gilbert's games.

Nabs

I hope you guys are ready to defend more towers. This should be out in a bit ($8.99): http://store.steampowered.com/app/215710

header.jpg

JaseC

Why don't you just buy it off of Greenmangaming or Gamersgate? I don't live in the US but managed to get The Cave from GMG for only $15.

I fully intend to enlist the help of a GAFer so as to purchase the game outside of Steam AU, it's just that Sega's love affair with the Aussie Tax is patently ridiculous. I went through Sega's catalogue the other day -- of its ~100 titles, only six are tax-free. Then there's the fact Sega-published DLC is Aussie Taxed, in some cases to the order of only a single dollar.

ow ok, i just read on the steam page anyone could get me in. anyway

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028391587/

Anybody who is in the group can, but they need to know who they're inviting. ;)

Tizoc

I fully intend to enlist the help of a GAFer so as to purchase the game outside of Steam AU, it's just that Sega's love affair with the Aussie Tax is patently ridiculous. I went through Sega's catalogue the other day -- of its ~100 titles, only six are tax-free. Then there's the fact Sega-published DLC is Aussie Taxed, in some cases to the order of only a single dollar.

Ouch, I have been thinking about Gifting The Cave at least to you, but sadly I've got my own money managing I gotta do for the next few months up til the Summer Sale =_=.

JaseC

Ouch, I have been thinking about Gifting The Cave at least to you, but sadly I've got my own money managing I gotta do for the next few months up til the Summer Sale =_=.

That's fine, I understand. I all but ignored the Autumn Sale and only managed to partake in the arse end of the Winter Sale. Curse you, Christmas!

Tizoc

Oh and I installed and played a bit of Jamestown. Normal is do-able for me, but I sadly do not like how the mouse controls very much, the movement of the mouse doesn't let you move the vehicle itself it seems, it felt like I was dragging it.

HoosTrax

Oh and I installed and played a bit of Jamestown. Normal is do-able for me, but I sadly do not like how the mouse controls very much, the movement of the mouse doesn't let you move the vehicle itself it seems, it felt like I was dragging it.
Yeah the ship is not glued to your mouse, it has its own momentum.

Btw, later levels require you to play previous levels on higher and higher difficulties in order to unlock them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom