• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sega's gotta do a Shenmue port eventually. It's too good of a thing not to happen. Skies would be welcome, too. T

I don't think enough people care about Shenmue (yeah, I said it) and they wasted so much money on that game. Porting it to widescreen is probably more than they're willing to do to mess with that source code.

Does it run okay-ish on NullDC and Widescreen hack? That game does so much, I don't think they would have that information off screen always being calculated.

Edit: I mean some geometry and stuff, like you can see ship parts disappearing on Skies of Arcadia. Of course, it can all be fixed.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Great daily deal today. Gonna mod deadly shadows before I stream it. I beat the first two but never have gone farther than the tutorial in this one. Don't know why :-/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll pass on the Thief franchise yet again, having just bought Nights, and given that I still have LOTS of unplayed games, plus 2 more that will unlock next week.

Well, I'm off to play some more Deus Ex. I'm sure that I already beaten 20% of it, maybe I'll finish it in a couple of months more, give or take.
Fantastic game, I don't care if it's 5 years long!

HoosTrax

The Witness will be released on PC after it is released for PS4. Do we have an estimate of the launch date of the PS4?

I had hoped the game would be released on Steam soon, but now, I think we will have to wait for 2014...
Newp.

"Our deal with Sony is a limited-time exclusivity that applies only to competing console platforms," Blow said. "Basically it is that you will see the game on the PlayStation 4 before you will see it on the Wii U or the next Microsoft console, if the game ever appears on either of those (whether it appears on those consoles eventually is purely up to whatever future arrangements might happen between us and Nintendo/Microsoft/Random Publishers/Whoever)."

He said that the Sony deal doesn't keep him from also launching the The Witness on PC or iOS at launch, but such mattes are more contingent on whether his team can get it prepped for numerous platforms at once. "The ideal situation for us is to release everything simultaneously or close to simultaneously."
kotaco

Grabbed Psychonauts for $3.74 ($5 minus the CAGROCKS discount) from Amazon.

Absolutely loved the game on the original Xbox. Glad to have it in my Steam library.

If Tekken ever came to steam, I'd have no reason to buy any console.

Question: is the Dead Space 2 on sale on amazon steam redeemable? My mobile won't tell me

Vamlock

For the free Black Ops 2 weekend, does anyone know if it's limited to multiplayer mode only? I mean, it'd make sense to limit it, but I'd be interested in knowing if I can play co-op with a friend.

Damn, I've been meaning to pick up the PC version of Bioshock, but I already have Bioshock 2 and DNF (ugh)... boo.

EDIT - oh, actually, it looks like the download (i.e not Steam code, unfortunately) version of Bioshock 1 is 10 bucks, and can be knocked down to 7.50 with the CAGROCKS code. Thank you based Amazamp.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
XqpRCbW.png

Dammit, I broke. This game better be good.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed Psychonauts for $3.74 ($5 minus the CAGROCKS discount) from Amazon.

Absolutely loved the game on the original Xbox. Glad to have it in my Steam library.
That's the spirit! Maybe one day we'll see Psychonauts 2 after all. One can only hope...

If Singularity is Steam redeemable everyone should get it

The only thing on that list I want that I don't have is Nights.
Isn't Singularity region locked to the US?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
XqpRCbW.png

Dammit, I broke. This game better be good.

I couldn't resist the incentives either. I just put in a ticket to cancel my GMG pre-order in favor of this. I don't have RE5 on PC so this is perfect. And we may get the bonus unlocked if more people pre-order so that is icing on the cake.

How weak and feeble we've become.

It might be with the fact that it's almost 1:00am and I have a bunch of friends telling me how good RE6 is. :p

Pity Capcom never got to re-bundle RE1 through 4 to have that as part of the pre-order gifts...

edit: some of the gifs/image macros here really become game sellers though! I mean, the FTL one got me curious enough that I did get the game, heh.

Salsa

got a call that I get an upgrade to optic fiber (and its subsequent speed increase, I think 50mbps) tomorrow, same cost as im paying already because ive had the service for like 10 years now

cool.

upload is the same though, so fuck that. Same ol bad ping :(

Grief.exe

That would be mind blowing if the last RE6 pre-order perk was RE4.

Port of the 360 version, no GFWL, optimized, great mouse controls, and Steam achievements.

def sim

The framerate is the same as the Gamecube port, isn't it? At least, I didn't find anything that would be considered unplayable or even distracting.

jediyoshi

Mmm, tomb raider for $36 on amazon
too bad they got the worst end of the preorder bonus outfits

edit: fuck it, preordered. didn't realize they started doing their own multiple stage bonus reveals. it's like steam's without the pretense of people's preorders actually doing the unlocking

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a complete list of the Steam-redeemable games on offer as part of Amazon's current sale?

Blizzard

Banned
I figured 85% off was about as good as Binary Domain was going to get in the near future, so I used the CAGROCKS thing to get it at $3.74 from Amazon and unlock on Steam. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Tizoc

I don't think enough people care about Shenmue (yeah, I said it) and they wasted so much money on that game. Porting it to widescreen is probably more than they're willing to do to mess with that source code.
TBH I want Shenmue to be released just so I can see what all the hype and hubbub's about.
Just a heads up that Fighting Vipers on PSN and XBL runs and looks much better than any console release before it, wonder if that game could get a Steam release?

If you believe a recent rumor, the Shenmue port is already done, they're just waiting to build up hype for these kind of ports/the next round.

Mind linking to the rumor please?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Ledsen

Hey native English Steam-GAF! Ok this is COMPLETELY off-topic but this thread is active and people are nice here, so... I'm doing a translation swe-eng at work, and I'm wondering if this sentence sounds awkward. It's a pretty literal translation, and it actually sounds a bit awkward in Swedish too since it's not really a complete sentence. Translating people without making them sound awkward OR misrepresenting them is hard :( The person is talking about their apprenticeship and this little blurb is on the front page of the brochure:
"The right way to get into a line of work and really learn it from the ground up."

Sarcasm

"The right way to get into a line of work and really learn it from the ground up."

Sentence is fine but like you said it is incomplete. At the end you should add from the ground up is Too work hard. Or whatever your trying to show off or explain.

jediyoshi

Hard to say without the context of the sentences around it. Assuming it already logically fits in, it's still a bit wordy, especially for a brochure. I'd pare it down just to 'The right way to get into a line of work and learn it from the ground up.' Maybe even just replace 'line of work' with career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom