• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

I was browsing the official Trials forum earlier and came across a CM confirming something I didn't know till now. This Gold Edition, not only doesn't include the Evolution DLC, it doesn't even include Trials HD DLC either apparently.

ShiftySamurai Community Manager
"Trials Evolution: Gold Edition will have all of the content from Trials HD and Trials Evo base games, not just tracks, but skill games and tournaments as well. The DLC tracks, skill games, and tournaments for the XBLA versions of Trials HD and Trials Evolution will not be present at launch for Trials Evolution: Gold Edition."

Ledsen

I was browsing the official Trials forum earlier and came across a CM confirming something I didn't know till now. This Gold Edition, not only doesn't include the Evolution DLC, it doesn't even include Trials HD DLC either apparently.

ShiftySamurai Community Manager
"Trials Evolution: Gold Edition will have all of the content from Trials HD and Trials Evo base games, not just tracks, but skill games and tournaments as well. The DLC tracks, skill games, and tournaments for the XBLA versions of Trials HD and Trials Evolution will not be present at launch for Trials Evolution: Gold Edition."

So basically they will sell you 3 year old dlc all over again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think I broke Steam by attempting to purchase Natural Selection 2 and the DDE upgrade at the same time.

Edit: My CC was charged but Steam says that the purchase was declined. Nice try, Valve.

Edit edit: Purchasing the DDE itself went through just fine. I'll wait a few business days to see if the other $20 returns to my account.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dang, it's great having Trials HD on PC. But the performance is pretty bad, especially in the Evolution stages. It was 60fps at times but often dropped half that and even around 15fps at the lowest. It should run maxed 60fps on anything.

Also, uPlay sucks.

Also, have the Trials HD tracks been remade with the Evolution engine? Because they don't feel the same.
Specs?

Aselith

I think I broke Steam by attempting to purchase Natural Selection 2 and the DDE upgrade at the same time.

Edit: My CC was charged but Steam says that the purchase was declined. Nice try, Valve.

It's probably an authorization. It'll drop off your card in a few days.

Rainy Dog

So, ehhh.... Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Worth buying for coop / multiplayer? $7 looks like a decent price.

I thought the single player was one of the best shooter campaign's I've played this generation, though my taste does lean heavily towards stealth over bombast which this mostly is. The story itself is forgettable, but it's a decent length with some lovely looking and varied locations. For me, the gunplay stands with Max Payne 3 as being the best feeling gunplay I've ever experienced and the animation/cover system is wonderfully fluid. Game just feels terrific to play. Can only think co-op would be even better as the partner AI was one of main issues I had with the SP. The voicing and way they point out enemy locations and hazards is great and really well done, but they often won't follow you and get stuck if you discover a slightly off the main route path through a mission. With 4 mates, would imagine it'd be a brilliant experience.

Multiplayer is good as well, though I only played that on the PS3. It's p2p on the PC which is disappointing. There's also a co-op/horde type mode that is somewhat standard and repetetive but I still enjoyed a fair bit simply due to the games great gunplay and cover system.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems Platinum is the developer of the hour, essentially making the studio gaming's Michael Fassbender equivalent. I give it six months before people are clamouring for a Platinum-developed Half-Life 3.

HoosTrax

They changed the publisher of the game from THQ to Sega, so that might have something to do with it's disapperance.
Oh good, they finally got around to changing the COH2 preorder to have SEGA listed as the publisher as well. I can feel somewhat confident about buying it now.

Also, does it mean that GW has given the 40K license to SEGA?

1-D_FTW

Dang, it's great having Trials HD on PC. But the performance is pretty bad, especially in the Evolution stages. It was 60fps at times but often dropped half that and even around 15fps at the lowest. It should run maxed 60fps on anything.

Also, uPlay sucks.

Also, have the Trials HD tracks been remade with the Evolution engine? Because they don't feel the same.

Are you running an FPS program? Because it could be more frame latency than anything. When I was in the earlier beta, I had to disable 3D because it felt like the framerate was awful, yet the FPS count was decent, it was just massive frame latency.

2D was much better for me, although I was hoping it would have been addressed with later builds.

And this: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/04/09/bayonetta-in-3d/

Kamiya playing Bayonetta, with nvidia 3D vision glasses. Meaning an internal PC version.

Hey-oh.

Isaccard

Tony said about a week ago that he is just waiting on Steam keys from Rhode Island.

My wallet is ready!

Well GFWL is effectively dead.

The last major publisher has dropped the service almost entirely, Capcom.

The last 3 Microsoft Published games on PC have been Steamworks.

Halo 1-3, Fez, AoE2, and Dust all rumored/confirmed to be coming to Steam.

Lets do this.

ALL OVER MY FACE PLEASE

I already own Trackmania Nations Forever. What's the point of upgrading to TM2? Is it mainly for the graphics or the social shit? I can't even max TNF on my computer, there must be one or two unoptimized settings but otherwise it looks eh. I don't like how you have to complete tracks you hate (fuck you, 90 degree side ramps) to unlock more tracks - I just want something new to do when I get a gold medal. Why are there so many versions anyway?

I already own Trackmania Nations Forever. What's the point of upgrading to TM2? Is it mainly for the graphics or the social shit? I can't even max TNF on my computer, there must be one or two unoptimized settings but otherwise it looks eh. I don't like how you have to complete tracks you hate (fuck you, 90 degree side ramps) to unlock more tracks - I just want something new to do when I get a gold medal. Why are there so many versions anyway?
There's so many versions of TrackMania because it's quite an old franchise. The original was released in 2003, Sunrise in 2005, United (which combined environments from the original, Sunrise and Nations and gave them all on overhaul) in 2006.

TM2 is an entirely different environment, separate from Nations Forever and previous TrackManias. Built on a new engine too, so your graphics settings will be noticeably lower.

However, for you I'd recommend grabbing United Forever, which adds six environments and a stupid amount of new tracks to Nations Forever (I think it must be close to 1000), while still maintaining compatibility with Nations Forever servers.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

i5 quadcore, GTX460, 8GB of RAM...it's not a beast but it should be able to handle an XBLA game. I didn't experiment much but I don't have the impression that turning down anything would improve performance, it's just buggy at the moment. Hopefully RedLynx (or whoever's porting) can get their shit together, but this is a marketing beta and I don't see the final product being very different in two weeks.

Are you running an FPS program? Because it could be more frame latency than anything. When I was in the earlier beta, I had to disable 3D because it felt like the framerate was awful, yet the FPS count was decent, it was just massive frame latency.

2D was much better for me, although I was hoping it would have been addressed with later builds.

No FRAPs running at the time.

It's disappointing that the port isn't in a great state at the moment, but on the plus side it is nice to have these games in my Steam library.

NIN90

Something I found on Kamiya's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/307339365535866880

Next week...in game magazines... RT @Sr_Thing: Kami, News about a new Viewtiful Joe game?

Not sure if it's thread worthy

Also this little nugget:
I wanted him to raise his middle finger in a legal way. RT @KrisKnigge: how did you come up with the Viewtiful hand sign?

I finally beat the first boss on BIT.TRIP Runner. Pretty proud of myself. Now I've got two more worlds of hair pulling to get through.

Would you guys recommend any other Bit Trip games (other than BT Runner 2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom