• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I thought I owned this already, but apparently not.

Sweet! Had been waiting for Nights to go 50% off.

You could have had it sooner: it was half off on Amazon for the final week of February as part of the Farewell to February sale.

No more installing DirectX every time you download a game (eventually)?
iHGEcTZvVsLQ5.png

That's Microsoft's fault.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I'm so bored, don't know what Steam game to play

Super House of Dead Ninjas has controller support now btw, but I'm using joytokey still cause I need d-pad controls

And yes, it's great

We're looking into d-pad support. I don't want to give a date on that update without our coder's confident estimate, but it's definitely being worked on, mark my words.

Cheers for the kind words everyone! It makes it worth all the effort.

Blizzard

Banned
Well, I figured $5 was a reasonable price, even if it isn't 75% off, so I finally picked up Mark of the Ninja. It seems to be rated pretty highly.

TheExodu5

Banned
Thanks. I may actually just buy a Tomb Raider + Bioshock Infinite voucher off a poster at Hardforum. Although I'm sure the site's legit, I'm a little wary about buying out of region codes as there have been some that have been revoked in the past, even though it's usually a rarity.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If you want both that's probably a better deal/idea. Anyway, the code's ROW, can't see it being revoked.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Thanks. I may actually just buy a Tomb Raider + Bioshock Infinite voucher off a poster at Hardforum. Although I'm sure the site's legit, I'm a little wary about buying out of region codes as there have been some that have been revoked in the past, even though it's usually a rarity.

AMD's code came up as ROW for me so Tomb Raider should be fine.

Rest of World.

omg_mjd

Get Games Sega Sale.

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed $15 (Sweet price for an awesome kart racer)
The Cave $7.49
Binary Domain $6.24
Alpha Protocol $3.74

And a bunch of other Sega games (most of them redeemable on steam)

Thanks for the heads up. Just Cause 2 was also on sale so I bought it for $3.74. Downloading it now. Still deciding whether to get Sonic Racing for $15 or wait for it to go on sale on the Vita.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the heads up. Just Cause 2 was also on sale so I bought it for $3.74. Downloading it now. Still deciding whether to get Sonic Racing for $15 or wait for it to go on sale on the Vita.
Sonic Blabla Transformed tempts me, but I can't buy it now, not with the size of my backlog. I mean, I'm currently playing Runner 2, got Brütal Legend waiting in line, and every game I've bought before and that I haven't beaten yet (which is like 98% of my Steam library).

If it were just a few bucks cheaper I may have given in, but as is, it'll have to wait till a later date.

JaseC

Sonic Blabla Transformed tempts me, but I can't buy it now, not with the size of my backlog. I mean, I'm currently playing Runner 2, got Brütal Legend waiting in line, and every game I've bought before and that I haven't beaten yet (which is like 98% of my Steam library).

If it were just a few bucks cheaper I may have given in, but as is, it'll have to wait till a later date.

I'll need you to return your badge and gun.

Dizzy-4U

Anyone remember the name of that proxy client that worked pretty well with the steam client? I think the logo was green but I can't remember the name.

JaseC

I see that the Brutal Legend taunt is worth ~$8.60 and the hair ~$1.80. If I sold them now I'd make a ~40c profit, but I think I'll wait it out a bit and see if the the former goes up.

Wok

I see that the Brutal Legend taunt is worth ~$8.60 and the hair ~$1.80. If I sold them now I'd make a ~40c profit, but I think I'll wait it out a bit and see if the the former goes up.

How much was the preorder? It is almost a free game if you sell the TF2 items, right?

I paid $10 for it, but even if you bought the game at 25% off ($15 for the regular edition and ~$18 for the OST Edition, IIRC) you'd still make most of that back selling the items at a price near their current and aforementioned respective lows.

With the creation of the Steam Market, Valve has created an incentive for pre-ordering games: you can get paid for buying a game during a short time window.

JaseC

How much was the preorder? It is almost a free game if you sell the TF2 items, right?

I paid $10 for it, but even if you bought the game at 25% off ($15 for the regular edition and ~$18 for the OST Edition, IIRC) you'd still make most of that back selling the items at a price near their current and aforementioned respective lows.

It looks like I have to have TF2 installed to get the items to drop. I pre-order Brutal Legend, checked out my TF2 inventory through the Steam client and do not have either bonus.

JaseC

It looks like I have to have TF2 installed to get the items to drop. I pre-order Brutal Legend, checked out my TF2 inventory through the Steam client and do not have either bonus.

Yeah, you have to run TF2 in order to unlock the items, at which point they'll appear in both your in-game backpack and Steam inventory.

Edit: Kane & Lynch 2 is 75% off ($3.74) over at GamersGate.

1-D_FTW

Valve has no say in the pricing structure, that is entirely up to the publisher of the game. Rhode Island had never contacted Valve about reducing the game's price on steam, so Amazon Tony took one for the team and tracked down the right people so Amazon could get batches of steam keys for the game to sell at a lowered cost (presumably). Valve didn't really feel like doing all the work that Tony did.

Which is why I've tried not to overreact to the great Valve purge. Tony has been running circles around Steam in the hustle department. It seems like Valve has put things on cruise control for the past year. It's not difficult for me to imagine that some people had slacked off.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is SO GOOD
Trials Evolution is SO GOOD
Trackmania 2 is SO GOOD

Sure is a good time to be an arcadey racing fan.

Finally done with Max Payne 3. I have wanted to get rid of it for ever (after all, it's like 30+ GB). Really disliked it. Probably the only Rockstar game this generation I haven't liked. Anyway, feels good to finally complete a game from my Steam library, feels like it was ages since I last completed something from my backlog.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is SO GOOD
Trials Evolution is SO GOOD
Trackmania 2 is SO GOOD

Sure is a good time to be an arcadey racing fan.

The issue isn't really that I don't want to play them all but I can't really justify paying full price for all of them. I got Sonic on sale for 14 a few weeks back. Trials and Trackmania are each 20 so I will definitely wait on a sale as TM2 has been out for a while and I would rather enjoy one of the three and get the other 2 on sales later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom