• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Maybe I have bad info but I thought the HD is gonna be full priced?

No. It's going to be $50 for physical retail for 360, PS3, and Wii U.

I can't find anything that confirms the price of DD, but it will be available on Steam, Origin, GFWL, and the console's respective digital services.

Because GFWL has been mentioned and to stem this shit right now: it is confirmed Steamworks.

zkylon

zkylewd
No. It's going to be $50 for physical retail for 360, PS3, and Wii U.

I can't find anything that confirms the price of DD, but it will be available on Steam, Origin, GFWL, and the console's respective digital services.

Because GFWL has been mentioned and to stem this shit right now: it is confirmed Steamworks.
50 bucks still about 20 too many hmm.

MRORANGE

Gah why can't remotely delete games, I wanted to download BFBC2 from my mobile but I didn't have enough HDD space to remote download it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Not worth the negatives.

Plus once you go PC its hard to go back to consoles, but especially an Xbox.

I could see myself picking up a PS3/PS4 though. Sony has some compelling exclusives.

Indeed. They've driven me far away from a day 1 PS4 purchase (will be the first gen ever I don't make a day 1 console purchase), but I won't be able to resist once at least a handful of solid console exclusive JRPGs have been released.

FYC

Banned
Wow, TF2 hats sell really fast on the market. Thanks Salsa for pushing me to do it.

Free games for hats, awesome. If I like War of the Roses I'll have enough to buy it now.

Nillansan

I still hope Sega releases Bayonetta and Vanquish on PC. Believe.

Do it Sega. DO IT!

So much happiness came from me when I just read that. I hope Bayonetta comes to PC

I want Vanquish the most though, but Bayonetta should definitely be a stepping stone.

DO IT, SEGA. JUST DO IT.

ArjanN and I are currently working on a petition for PC ports of Bayonetta and Vanquish.

This is what I posted in the 'Announced/hinted at PC ports that disappeared' Thread:

All this talk about PC ports of Bayonetta and Vanquish made me want to start a petition.

I have been exchanging some messages with ArjanN, who was originally planning to do a petition for a PC version of Bayonetta. He is up for the challenge and we are currently working on one single petition for both Vanquish and Bayonetta. I will be making a draft for the petition and once we have settled on something, ArjanN may create a dedicated thread in conjunction with the petition going live - if permitted by a mod. We are hoping that this will catch on at the same rate as the Dark Souls for PC petition. We are hoping that fellow Gaffers will support us in this endeavour.

Please do let us know if you have any suggestions on how we should approach this.

If you can get that set up I'm in, I'll drag all my friends in and all my contacts, haha. Those Vanquish gifs already sold the game to me. If they can pull 60 fps on that it's gonna be heavenly.

And I supported Dark Souls not only by signing the petition but by double-dipping on it. (Digital, then bought the retail LE for the OST and such goodies.)

I will well pay for a PC retail release if they can do it like DS. Certainly I would, first and foremost, prefer a proper port though. :p I mean, DS was saved by the community and Durante.

edit: so GFWL is dead? That means the Ace Combat game was the last GFWL game, right?

dani_dc

Really? Break out the ale that's fucking fantastic news. Just no more in future games, or is it getting disabled in older ones as well?

Tried searching didn't really see any announcements anywhere.

This things aren't usually announced, I believe xelious was refering to the fact that no one (not even Capcom/Microsoft) using GFWL anymore. So it's seemingly dead.

...Until Dark Souls II!
Here's hoping they go for Steamworks this time

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to put my first TF2 items for sale. Why does it ask me what will I receive, and what will the buyer pay? Isn't it the same amount?

Wok

I like the system of respawn in War of Roses: you can either wait for an ally to ressucit your character, or get killed by an ennemy with a fatality, or beg for mercy. In the first case, you respawn at the same point, otherwise you respawn a bit further off. This is a strong incentive for team work.

Nillansan

If you can get that set up I'm in, I'll drag all my friends in and all my contacts, haha. Those Vanquish gifs already sold the game to me. If they can pull 60 fps on that it's gonna be heavenly.

We'll need all the support that we can get :) We will message a moderator and check if we can make a dedicated thread.

dani_dc

I was not aware of this.
Why is this not out? Come on Sega, you've been porting other games for PC, hire a team to work on this, I'll buy it day 1, I want to replay this game on my PC!

We'll need all the support that we can get :) We will message a moderator and check if we can make a dedicated thread.

I'll definitively support any kind of movement to make this happen, and I'll make everyone I know support it as well.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So all I got to do is make sure that in the "Buyer pays:" textbox I put an amount a few cents lower than the lowest price so far? Seems easy enough.

I set all my vintage hats to a penny below the lowest price and had them all sold within a couple hours.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Egm.jpg

Free money! Yay!

And I still have $7.66 worth of items on sale, so I may be able to get a <$18 game for free.

Played Torchlight II for a couple hours. I was quite surprised when I died. I'd been breezing along flame hammering the hell out of everything, and then some necromantic thingamabob with a whip beat me down.

/humility

Deadbeat

Banned
So glad GFWL is dead.
I dont want it to die. I want it to sit comatose as a reminder. Also, I dont want to lose the ability to download games I paid for and by that I mean Minervas Den and the rally car pack in Dirt 3. I must have my Lancia Stratos forever.

Zia

In the process of setting up a Windows 7 partition after being Windows-less and frustrated for a few months (screw Windows 8). Going on a shopping spree Monday, and want to know if there's anything Windows-only with a really active MP community I should be looking into aside from DayZ, PlanetSide 2 and Chivalry?

1-D_FTW

I set all my vintage hats to a penny below the lowest price and had them all sold within a couple hours.

:lol Didn't have any vintage hats, but I sold all my other junk this way too. It was pretty funny seeing a ton of e-mail notifications constantly popping up for the next couple hours.

Salsa

I see that the Brutal Legend taunt is worth ~$8.60 and the hair ~$1.80. If I sold them now I'd make a ~40c profit, but I think I'll wait it out a bit and see if the the former goes up.

fuckin TF2 economy, im tempted to sell them but I dont know if they'll get more expensive or cheaper

1-D_FTW

It's not dead until Minerva's Den is released on steam.

It'd still have to go through GFWL though. That's the infrastructure of the program. I bought freaking Arkham City Robin DLC through Steam and had to go through 10 steps just the same. All I bought through Steam was a stupid GFWL game code.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sold a $0.86 hat, now only the Runner 2 pre-order shoes remain, at $6.80. I can't believe there's so many people with such a disposable income, and who want to spend it on stupid stuff.

I'm glad those guys exist!

I think after seeing DMC, Resident Evil: Revelations, and Resident Evil 6 we can see that Capcom is dropping GFWL.

AoE2 is looking to be steamworks, and the last 4 MGS published games on PC have been Steamworks.

GFWL officially dead. Celebrate.

Can't tell whether being sarcastic.
It is not "officially" dead. Developers can still use it if they wish, it's just that most of them don't! lol.

im tempted to pre-order Bioshock Infinite really

games are paying themselves

Same. Free copies of Bioshock and X-Com, which I already own, and no discount aren't really compelling reasons to pre-order the game but 7 TF2 items, which could be a good to great pre-order discount, are a pretty compelling reason. That and, hopefully, the game kicks ass.

Retroid

im tempted to pre-order Bioshock Infinite really

games are paying themselves

Obviously I can't predict the future but I think that the price on the Steam Market that people are selling the Brutal Legend taunt for is abnormally high. Partly this comes with the fact that it's not just another promotional hat (it's a taunt!) and also because it looks cool while a lot of other promo items are just plain ugly. It's is also the first promotional taunt which could add more value.

I don't think the prices will be as high for the BioShock Infinite items but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom