• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maybe they'll eventually be part of Pack #6?

Possibly, although if that hasn't eventuated by the time the games are on sale I'll just pick them up on their own.

And that pack I just bought does not have Sonic 3D Blast (not a huge loss...) or Sonic Spinball (kind of liked this back in the day).

Sonic Spinball was my arch nemesis as a kid. I tried so damn hard to finish the damn thing and never quite made it. In other words, fuck that game. :p

Derrick01

Banned
Wait, you can make money by playing tf2? How does it work?

I didn't even play TF2, they were old preorder TF2 items from The Witcher 2 and another game. Although I think you have to play TF2 or buy something from the store at some point to be eligible to trade and sell.

Has anyone had multiple games disappear from their installed Steam library but they are still on your hard drive? Clicking on Install game will show that Steam "Discovers" the files and the game is available again. I've had this happen to about 5 or 6 games. It's really strange

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has anyone had multiple games disappear from their installed Steam library but they are still on your hard drive? Clicking on Install game will show that Steam "Discovers" the files and the game is available again. I've had this happen to about 5 or 6 games. It's really strange

I had this occur recently with Borderlands 2. King Arthur 2, on the other hand, decided the other day to "update" all 16GB of its installation data, so I just uninstalled it.

Tizoc

This is the 2nd time I've seen Gamersgate put Deus Ex HR on sale this past 4 weeks =V
Current price is higher by $0.50 though for Deus Ex HR+ML tho

AEREC

Wish they would fix big screen mode...I get an error at least twice a day that crashes out of steam (something to do with a drop down box) and sometimes when looking at screenshots one of the screenshots will get stuck on the screen but Im still able to anvigate menus and stuff behind it...even though I can see anything.

Grief.exe

Serious Sam Revolution added to registry.

http://steamdb.info/app/227780/

Seems to be Steamworks

Looks like a mod to the original games that adds in x64 support, widescreen resolutions, and more fixes. I don't understand the point because of the HD versions.]

Maybe I'm just not reading into it enough.

These days will be over! Angelo, with support from Croteam, is working on an all-new version of the classic Serious Sam games called Serious Sam: Revolution that’ll be coming to Steam! On the technical side, this new version has:

• Native support for widescreen resolutions.
  • Serious Editor working on 64-bit OSes!
  • Server tags so that people can see what servers have things like friendly fire enabled or not.
  • Missing content will automatically be downloaded if someone gets on a server and they don’t have the needed content.
  • Mutators set by servers!

Wait a minute, lots of Sam fans have the classic games. Why should they bother with what appears to be a technical update? Well, Angelo and friends have added some new game content to make it worth it! They’ve added:[*]The First Encounter and The Second Encounter in one game![*]A new but small campaign![*]New versus maps that are a mix of maps from Warped DM and all-new levels![*]Survival, Capture the Flag and Team DM gamemodes![*]An all-new weapon called the Ghostbuster that fires a constant beam of energy to turn enemies into paste!

Source

I don't understand the GMG promo code thing. I'm trying to buy both packs, but it's only applying the code to one of two. Can I just buy them one at a time, or will it lock me out from using it the second time?

Hoos, if you have an extra copy of Jet Set Radio I will buy it off of you.

Volcynika

Does anyone not have BioShock 1 or Bit Trip Runner (the first one) on Steam and want it? (You have to actually play it or I'll be very annoyed!)

I have them from pre-orders and I can give to the first person that quotes me (1 apiece).

Grief.exe

Everyone is rolling in dosh from Valve

1292767668482.jpg

JordanKZ

To celebrate my un-banning, I have a key for bioshock available too that I got through a pre-order.

First come first served:

Bioshock Key!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Classic mode is great. The other one with the Jetpacks not so much. But that's the one that most people reviewed.
The regular Ace of Spades mode is a lot more casual. Pretty much TF2xMinecraft. Playing Classic CTF with idiots makes me want to punch things. I ended up capturing the intel after like an hour of tunneling and stealthing, and I couldn't cap it because our own intel was sitting at the base and no one would pick it up. The other team then proceeded to roll in and steal both pieces of intel back.

The most popular mode in AoS is zombies, by far.

Ledsen

WAT

why didn't anyone tell me that in order for TF2 items to appear in your inventory, you had to actually launch the game? I've never played it, so when I found this out I downloaded it... I thought I had 1 sellable item, turns out I had 8-9.

Does anyone think Steambox might end up bundled with Oculus Rift?

Valve and Oculus are on good terms and I think both companies would have a lot to gain from that type of bundle. It would be easier to market it and generally double the awesomesauce

Does that Civilization V offer include everything? No pesky DLC missing somewhere?

Just reduced my backlog a bit so why not gently add something to the pile, heh.

edit: nevermind, should have waited a bit to see other replies. Guess I'll skip it.

HoosTrax

Sonic Spinball was my arch nemesis as a kid. I tried so damn hard to finish the damn thing and never quite made it. In other words, fuck that game. :p
I don't think I ever got very far myself, just found it an enjoyable spinoff.

Er, this is going to sound stupid, but I just fired up Sonic 1 and can't seem to get the Spin Dash to work. Isn't it hold Down, then rapidly tap A? Maybe my muscle memory has failed me.

EDIT: (No, I didn't realize I still had the last post in this thread)

Er, this is going to sound stupid, but I just fired up Sonic 1 and can't seem to get the Spin Dash to work. Isn't it hold Down, then rapidly tap A? Maybe my muscle memory has failed me.

Sonic 1 doesn't have the dash. You can do the basic spin (press down while running) but nothing else.

Santiako

There's no spin dash in Sonic 1.

TheExodu5

Banned
Haha glad I got to trading my tf2 items. Sold $30 so far, and will probably get another $15-20 from remaining items. Someone is also trading me Brutal Legend + Ys Chronicles for my non-tradables, so all in all I'm looking at about $80. Not bad!

Haha glad I got to trading my tf2 items. Sold $30 so far, and will probably get another $15-20 from remaining items. Someone is also trading me Brutal Legend + Ys Chronicles for my non-tradables, so all in all I'm looking at about $80. Not bad!

Yea, I just put up about $30 myself. Will see what happens. The $30 will be going to Arma 3 =D

Reading all this I feel like I should install TF2 and play that in the weekends and eventually cash in some DOSH DOSH DOSH to keep enlarging dat backlog!

Lizardus

Man this item selling sounds like a good deal. Any tips for someone like me who doesn't play TF2? Buy games with preorder bonuses?

Grief.exe

Anyone want to split the Sega Retro Bundle?

I just want Jet Set Radio, this is assuming it gives separate keys.

• Jet Set Radio
  • NiGHTS into DREAMS
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Space Channel 5 Part 2
  • Crazy Taxi
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 1
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 2
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 3
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 4
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 5

Reading all this I feel like I should install TF2 and play that in the weekends and eventually cash in some DOSH DOSH DOSH to keep enlarging dat backlog!

It would take you a large amount of hours to earn anything worthwhile. Most of the items on the shop are worth pennies.

The large ticket items are from items that aren't available anymore like vintage hats and pre order items.

HoosTrax

Man this item selling sounds like a good deal. Any tips for someone like me who doesn't play TF2? Buy games with preorder bonuses?
Only do this for games you would have preordered anyway. Especially in the case of AAA games, they tend to be both expensive and popular, which makes the ratio of TF2 hat money to game cost kind of low.

DTKT

Does anyone remember that name of a website that lets you see the population and the activty for any game on Steam? I remember being able to make charts and other fun stuff. I know that the Steam Stats site is able to show the last 24 hours, but that's not a very long period of time.

Grief.exe

Does anyone remember that name of a website that lets you see the population and the activty for any game on Steam? I remember being able to make charts and other fun stuff. I know that the Steam Stats site is able to show the last 24 hours, but that's not a very long period of time.

http://games.opensteamworks.org/Chart/View/221380

Anyone want to split the Sega Retro Bundle?

I just want Jet Set Radio, this is assuming it gives separate keys.

• Jet Set Radio
  • NiGHTS into DREAMS
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Space Channel 5 Part 2
  • Crazy Taxi
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 1
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 2
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 3
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 4
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 5

For anyone who thinks playing TF2 now will net you a profit:

It would take you a large amount of hours to earn anything worthwhile. Most of the items on the shop are worth pennies.

The large ticket items are from items that aren't available anymore like vintage hats and pre order items.

Derrick01

Banned

From what I can tell it's only preorder items that are worth anything. Most of the actual TF2 items go for pennies or nickels at a time. Which I guess if you can get enough of them in a short time then it could add up enough to be worth it, but I'm not aware of how frequent drops are since I don't play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom