• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

1. Why doesn't registering product-keys in Steam in the last year count for being eligible to use the Market?

2. Is there intention to allow sales of non-vintage\genuine TF2 items?

TheExodu5

Banned
So far I've made $47.07 and got Brutal Legend + Ys 1 & 2. I have another $29.42 of items left on the markeplace. Not a bad score. :)

Only do this for games you would have preordered anyway. Especially in the case of AAA games, they tend to be both expensive and popular, which makes the ratio of TF2 hat money to game cost kind of low.

Brutal Legend was actually pretty good. The items from that game are worth over $10, and for people who pre-ordered it for $15, they essentially got the game for $5 or less.

Is there anywhere that lists pre-order games that come w/ hats or you just have to check manually?

Wasn't going to pre-order Bioshock Infinite, but now it's seeming like a good idea...

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
How does Steam handle re-installing games that you previously downloaded, when you want to put them on a different HDD. Basically I'm getting a few new HDD this week and want to move my Steam installation but split the games onto different HDD.

In the past it was always on one HDD so there was never any issues.

Derrick01

Banned
Is there anywhere that lists pre-order games that come w/ hats or you just have to check manually?

Wasn't going to pre-order Bioshock Infinite, but now it's seeming like a good idea...

Don't buy a $60 game for items that you'll probably get $10-$20 for unless you actually want the game :lol

Grief.exe

Don't buy a $60 game for items that you'll probably get $10-$20 for unless you actually want the game :lol

I have a feeling those Bioshock Infinite pre order items will go pretty cheap since the game is so popular.

IDK though, hopefully they have a decent value associated with them. Would be nice to offset the price of the game.

They are mostly hats, which seem to hold the highest value since they are always visible.

If you had pre ordered Assassin's Creed: Revelations you could have gotten a sizable chunk subsidized.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Genuine Dashin' Hashshashin

Grief.exe

Getting a GAF Sega Retro Bundle started

Each key is $1.69

• Jet Set Radio
  • NiGHTS into DREAMS
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Space Channel 5 Part 2
  • Crazy Taxi
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 1
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 2
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 3
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 4
  • SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 5

Grief.exe - Jet Set Radio
Lord British - Bass Fishing and Space Channel 5
ClovingWestbrook - Nights Into Dreams
Mikaju - Megadrive Collection Series 5

Vouches:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43062946&postcount=3439

Update:

HoosTrax said:
You get 10 Steam keys, one for each of the titles. (Five keys for the five Mega Drive packs)

Assuming you can seperate the keys in this bundle, getting a GAF Sega Retro Bundle started

Each key is $1.69

• Jet Set Radio
  • NiGHTS into DREAMS
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Space Channel 5 Part 2
  • Crazy Taxi

I am up for Nights

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Assuming you can seperate the keys in this bundle, getting a GAF Sega Retro Bundle started

Each key is $1.69

• Jet Set Radio
  • NiGHTS into DREAMS
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Space Channel 5 Part 2
  • Crazy Taxi

I was thinking about going in for Crazy Taxi but upon inspection no one has even been able to get the game modded to play the original soundtrack yet and the game has no fullscreen for my native res. Damn it sega, revisit those games and put out 1 + 2 in a pack that had respect given to them!

Bumhead

Banned
Just made £3.51 on TF2 items I don't even need and forgot I had.

Feels good, man. That's a sale purchase paid for in Steam terms.

EDIT: Up to £5.51 now thanks to someone buying my Deus specs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Valve usually makes us pay for games we don't play, because they are cheap. Now, Valve has managed to convince us to pay full-price for games we cannot play, because they are not released but come with hats.
Yeah, that has nothing to do with the hat market though, which is what I'm talking about, so I dunno what you're talking about :p

Personally I played The Cave when I bought it and I plan to play Infinite as soon as it's released so thinking that I'll be able to get a few bucks back to buy an indie game or so sounds great to me.

It's also very good since it's not Valve who sets the prices for hats anymore.

You are trying so hard for me not to buy the game. There was a guy selling it for like 7 and i took a pass on it.

for that i thank you Z
I bought it for 20 which I think is a good price for the ridiculous amount of content it has, so while 7 bucks is ever better, I didn't like the game so I can't recommend it at any price.

Good to see you unbanned, too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Fuck the Nights spot was taken. I am down for that if there is another.

Mikaju

Each key is $1.69

• Jet Set Radio
  • NiGHTS into DREAMS
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Space Channel 5 Part 2
  • Crazy Taxi

I can take Megadrive collection 5 if you get seperate keys.

Greymanic

Neo Member
I feel like getting FFXI just to play for 30 days, but I imagine I won't be able to capture the same magic that hooked me to that game years ago.

I know the feeling, played FFXI from roughly EU launch til the end of around 2011. Always have the urge to play it, finally went back over the Christmas period and barely touched the game.

I'll be definitely picking up the expansion but I feel the magic is lost since most of my friends left.

vidcons

Banned
How active is the War of the Roses community? The free weekend was pretty rad and despite how retarded the whole unlocking/leveling system is, I have a soft spot for slightly more polished cRPG.

Someone sell me on Mark of the Ninja. It reminds me of the Splinter Cell gameboy edition, but done by the hands of the team who made Shank. Shank sucks.

Isaccard

How active is the War of the Roses community? The free weekend was pretty rad and despite how retarded the whole unlocking/leveling system is, I have a soft spot for slightly more polished cRPG.

Someone sell me on Mark of the Ninja. It reminds me of the Splinter Cell gameboy edition, but done by the hands of the team who made Shank. Shank sucks.

Shank 2 fixes the problems the first game had.

Caerith

Disregarding Mark of the Ninja because its creators made Shank is like taking the bus because baby Enzo Ferrari had dirty diapers.

HoosTrax

This Retro pack is so confusing lol. Why is NiGHTS 2GB when JSR HD is only 1GB. And why in the world is Space Channel 5 2GB? Wikipedia says that GD-ROM was only 1.2GB.

Also, I despised Shank with a passion. It has horribly unresponsive controls for the type of game that it is. As in, why can't I make directional changes in midair, like every single other 2D game that has jumping. Mark of the Ninja was pretty enjoyable though. Got about 26 hours out of it, although I didn't feel quite up to going for that last achievement (I think it was finish the game on New Game+).

FloatOn

I beat it last month and loved every second. Mark of the Ninja is 2d Tenchu. It's one of those games you will actually want to replay the levels again because of the new gear unlocks you earn.

Derrick01

Banned

It's the stealth game SC Conviction and Hitman Absolution wishes it could be but couldn't because they cost too much to make, and casuals don't like real stealth. MotN being a smaller indie game doesn't have that problem to worry about.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's the stealth game SC Conviction and Hitman Absolution wishes it could be but couldn't because they cost too much to make, and casuals don't like real stealth. MotN being a smaller indie game doesn't have that problem to worry about.
Being 2D also helps a lot. They were able to implement the stealth mechanics in a really precise way.

vidcons

Banned
Mark of the Ninja is 2d Tenchu

#myloinsaretightasfuck

Ah man, Conviction isn't a failed stealth game, it's just a horribly unrealized rail-shooter/Tempest re-make.

I think the only thing I'm going to hate about this is that I'll see the solutions and get annoyed by actually implementing them.

Anyways, I now own this.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This Retro pack is so confusing lol. Why is NiGHTS 2GB when JSR HD is only 1GB. And why in the world is Space Channel 5 2GB? Wikipedia says that GD-ROM was only 1.2GB.
Nights and Space Channel 5 are both ports of PS2 versions, but JSR was only ever on DC.

Left Right Left Up Chu Chu Chu

Digoman

If you had pre ordered Assassin's Creed: Revelations you could have gotten a sizable chunk subsidized.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Genuine Dashin' Hashshashin

Actually it was more... there was also another item for that pre-order:
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Genuine Sharp Dresser

Which leaves me thinking about pre-ordering Bioshock. The items plus my region price (US$47.5) are probably a good discount, but who knows... my other pre-order items are a lot cheaper. But hey, I can always sell DOTA 2 crates for 0.10 cents to make the difference, hehe.

Caerith

#myloinsaretightasfuck

Ah man, Conviction isn't a failed stealth game, it's just a horribly unrealized rail-shooter/Tempest re-make.

I think the only thing I'm going to hate about this is that I'll see the solutions and get annoyed by actually implementing them.

Anyways, I now own this.
Nah, what you're describing is pretty much the opposite of Mark of the Ninja.

Anyway, in before "Holy shit, Mark of the Ninja is fucking awesome."

Blablurn

Can I use every basic XBox360 console controller on the PC when I download the official drivers from the Microsoft website? Cause I'm reallly getting annoyed by MotionInJoy.

Lulubop

If FF VII is really coming...I'm so glad. Hopefully VIII and IX will follow suit.

They probably won't :(

There isn't a PC version of 9, though there is of 8 and it's been in the registry for a while along 7. SE rereleased the PC version of 7 a few months ago if you didn't know.

Grief.exe

Getting a GAF Sega Retro Bundle started

Each key is $1.69

• Jet Set Radio
  • NiGHTS into DREAMS
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Space Channel 5 Part 2
  • Crazy Taxi

Mikaju - Megadrive Collection Series 5

Vouches:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43062946&postcount=3439

Update:

HoosTrax said:
You get 10 Steam keys, one for each of the titles. (Five keys for the five Mega Drive packs)

Bumping to new page for 50 per page master race.

HoosTrax

I'm not sure why there is a [timed?] exclusivity for the PC remake of Final Fantasy VII. Square-Enix is usually pretty good about putting things on Steam, so I'm just going to assume this is the fault of the Japanese side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom