• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
New indie bundle

http://www.bundlestars.com/

$1.25+

• Tiny Troopers (Steam)
  • Airport Control Sim (Desura)

~$5+

• Darkness Within (Desura)
  • Darkness Within 2 (Desura)
  • Adam's venture (Steam)
  • Adam's Venture 2 (Steam)
  • Armada 2526 (Desura)
  • Firefighter (Desura)
  • Mystery Title #1 (Desura)
  • Mystery Title #2 (Steam)

Wondering why Armada doesn't include a Steam key...

Guess because it's not the gold edition or something. Seems to be a shitty bundle. BTA totally not worth it; Adam's Venture games are among the worst games I've ever played.

Hmm, those Darkness Within games remind me of Scratches/Asylum... I might have to get this!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I thought Adam's Venture was some kind of bible study thing. At least that's what it sounded like.

I only played the first but it was one of the worst "games" I've ever played. The puzzles primarily consisted of finding a post and rotating three biblical phrases into order, then running an uneventful linear path to the next one. I can't imagine finding any salvation in the second or third games.

GskTOTH.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I only played the first but it was one of the worst "games" I've ever played. The puzzles primarily consisted of finding a post and rotating three biblical phrases into order, then running an uneventful linear path to the next one. I can't imagine finding any salvation in the second or third games.
You, I see what YOU did right there. :p

HoosTrax

GskTOTH.jpg
Yeech...thanks for confirming as much. The screenshots on the store page are heavily weighted towards making it seem like a Tomb Raider or Drake type of game.

GskTOTH.jpg

It gets "better". I enjoyed them for what they were. Low-budget adventure games trying to emulate that feeling of epic adventure in the early 1900's. Definitely not Uncharted, but they were trying to write Adam as Drake.

For a cheap price, if they sound remotely interesting, go for it. Adventure gamers would probably be more lenient on them.
Hmm, those Darkness Within games remind me of Scratches/Asylum... I might have to get this!

They are great, IMO. Atmosphere alone, especially in the first game, is very cool and dense. But I go crazy for slow-burn games where I have to read and investigate a bunch of shit. Some people can't stand that.

xelios

For a cheap price, if they sound remotely interesting, go for it. Adventure gamers would probably be more lenient on them.

Joe's one of the biggest adventure gamers I know and he can tell you it's shit too.

He'll back me up even though he hasn't played them. But seriously, bottom of the barrel adventure games.

Rufus

Underside of the barrel.

Stay the fuck away from Adam's Venture. There are plenty of other adventure games to play.

ONLY do it if you want to gain some perspective on what actually badly crafted games look like.

Joe's one of the biggest adventure gamers I know and he can tell you it's shit too.

He'll back me up even though he hasn't played them. But seriously, bottom of the barrel adventure games.

Fair enough. They're definitely not amazing; I could appreciate what they were trying to do but execution was poor. I definitely thought the first episode was the worst.

Joe Molotov

Yeah, the Adam's Venture games are pretty low-grade stuff. You might be able to get some enjoyment out of them if you were desperate, but there are a lot of better adventures games out there, even on Steam.

Yeah, the Adam's Venture games are pretty low-grade stuff. You might be able to get some enjoyment out of them if you were desperate, but there are a lot of better adventures games out there, even on Steam.

Definitely, I was going to mention Lost Horizons.

My position is if someone wanted to try them, for that price, it's worth it. But I understand people rely on people for things like this, especially adventure games.

Off to play BloodNet.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Is there any reason that you can't install certain games on the non-default install location?

Im_Special

So I bought that Legacy of Kain Collection from GamersGate the other day, and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem of those games not showing in their list of Steam games they already own? I just had a friend try and gift me them and after I told him I had them already he was like weird it doesn't show that you do...

xelios

So I bought that Legacy of Kain Collection from GamersGate the other day, and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem of those games not showing in their list of Steam games they already own? I just had a friend try and gift me them and after I told him I had them already he was like weird it doesn't show that you do...

Yeah, they don't show up in the all games tab, only in the library. Not the first games to have that issue but it's not on your end.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Noob question but if I purchase Darksiders what happens to my license when/if the publisher changes? Does the product page stays the same and just the publisher information changes? I assume there's no issue but I'd like to confirm.

Noob question but if I purchase Darksiders what happens to my license when/if the publisher changes? Does the product page stays the same and just the publisher information changes? I assume there's no issue but I'd like to confirm.

You'll still be able to download and play it whenever you want. Change in publisher name is most likely to be all that will happen to the store page.

deejay

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the Steam page for Tomb Raider has changed:

Steam Exclusive Offer

Purchase Tomb Raider on Steam before March 12th at 10AM Pacific time and receive three exclusive TF2 items!

Tomb Wrapper (for the Scout class) - "These coarsely woven bandages were stolen from a mummy being prepped for surgery in an ancient Egyptian pyramid hospital. They're filthy! But priceless."
Fortune Hunter (for all classes) - "Whether it's lying at the bottom of a dusty tomb or hiding in plain sight in the cavity behind someone's eyeballs, any treasure is just one swing away with this trusty adventure axe."
Croft's Crest (for all classes) - "This badge lets your enemies know you're as brave as a shivering, weeping, blood-stained 17-year-old British girl"

TF items, people ! Money, money, money ! ;D

robin2

I have a ridiculous question.

If I buy a game without enough money on my pre-paid card, will it just tell me "you don't have enough money!", or it'll ban my account/card/somethingelseawful?

I'd like to buy a game but I'm unsure I have enough money; I'd have to check my balance and eventually recharge the card, but I can't right know.

Thanks.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the Steam page for Tomb Raider has changed:

Steam Exclusive Offer

Purchase Tomb Raider on Steam before March 12th at 10AM Pacific time and receive three exclusive TF2 items!

Tomb Wrapper (for the Scout class) - "These coarsely woven bandages were stolen from a mummy being prepped for surgery in an ancient Egyptian pyramid hospital. They're filthy! But priceless."
Fortune Hunter (for all classes) - "Whether it's lying at the bottom of a dusty tomb or hiding in plain sight in the cavity behind someone's eyeballs, any treasure is just one swing away with this trusty adventure axe."
Croft's Crest (for all classes) - "This badge lets your enemies know you're as brave as a shivering, weeping, blood-stained 17-year-old British girl"

TF items, people ! Money, money, money ! ;D

Damn you Steam....

HoosTrax

Anyone played Waking Mars? How is it?
Starts off kind of promising, but it starts to drag on and become repetitive after a while. It also felt like the game couldn't decide whether it wants to be a platformer or an exploration game, and ends up kind of watered down in both aspects.

Wok

Anyone played Waking Mars? How is it?

The atmosphere, visuals and music are great. There is an ecosystem to study (and collect with pokedex). I like the game more than I would have expected.

Edit: I have only played for two hours though.

Starts off kind of promising, but it starts to drag on and become repetitive after a while. It also felt like the game couldn't decide whether it wants to be a platformer or an exploration game, and ends up kind of watered down in both aspects.

I met the developer in Austin once, he's a friend of a friend, nice guy.

I haven't played it yet though :p.

This is pretty much my experience in a nutshell. The game employs the traditional "add gameplay elements as the game progresses to extend game length" but fails to ask if those gameplay elements are worth adding or if the game needed to be extended. In my opinion the answer to both is a firm no.

Zia

If anyone can return the favor with Lone Survivor or Dungeons of Dredmor codes (the only two Humble games I don't have; gave them away by accident) I'd appreciate it, but no big deal if not. : )

Dungeon Defenders:
NightSky HD:
Super Hexagon:

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
New indie bundle

http://www.bundlestars.com/

$1.25+

• Tiny Troopers (Steam)
  • Airport Control Sim (Desura)

~$5+

• Darkness Within (Desura)
  • Darkness Within 2 (Desura)
  • Adam's venture (Steam)
  • Adam's Venture 2 (Steam)
  • Armada 2526 (Desura)
  • Firefighter (Desura)
  • Mystery Title #1 (Desura)
  • Mystery Title #2 (Steam)

Wondering why Armada doesn't include a Steam key...

Guess because it's not the gold edition or something. Seems to be a shitty bundle. BTA totally not worth it; Adam's Venture games are among the worst games I've ever played.

If anyone buys this and does the BTA I'd be interested in the Real Heroes: Firefighter code. I'm not sure if I have anything to trade for it, and I can't imagine it'll ever succeed in its Greenlight campaign so really my post here has nothing to do with Steam, but send me a PM if you can help me out.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
If anyone can return the favor with Lone Survivor or Dungeons of Dredmor codes (the only two Humble games I don't have; gave them away by accident) I'd appreciate it, but no big deal if not. : )

I took Super Hexagon, thanks you! I'm surprised that it worked.
Sorry I don't have any of those game though. :/

Got Civ 5 Gold on the sale today. Hope it's as good as Civ 4!

It has something less than Civ 4 (like the religion system and the spy), but if you bought Gods and Kings they're back.

I never played Civ 4 but I love 5.

Katoki

Dungeon Defenders:
NightSky HD:
Super Hexagon:

Took NightSky HD. Many thanks to you.

Dungeon Defenders:
NightSky HD:
Super Hexagon:

I nabbed Dungeon Defenders. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom