• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw all of your hate for Adam's Venture. I will go as far as to say that the first one is pretty bad but it only takes an hour to beat and it sets up the story for the infinitely better sequel. The puzzles and story are fun, and the voice acting and writing is so bad that it is good. After the first one, I definitely enjoyed my time with the series.

Plus its pretty.

c6wJU6X.jpg

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
This game is amazing!

Yeah, I tried it a few minutes and it looks awesome.
It's made by the same guy of VVVVV.
I love these minimalistic, super hard games with awesome techno soundtracks.
I've finished VVVVV and Bit.Trip Runner mostly because of the OST.

Derrick01

Banned
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the Steam page for Tomb Raider has changed:

Steam Exclusive Offer

Purchase Tomb Raider on Steam before March 12th at 10AM Pacific time and receive three exclusive TF2 items!

Tomb Wrapper (for the Scout class) - "These coarsely woven bandages were stolen from a mummy being prepped for surgery in an ancient Egyptian pyramid hospital. They're filthy! But priceless."
Fortune Hunter (for all classes) - "Whether it's lying at the bottom of a dusty tomb or hiding in plain sight in the cavity behind someone's eyeballs, any treasure is just one swing away with this trusty adventure axe."
Croft's Crest (for all classes) - "This badge lets your enemies know you're as brave as a shivering, weeping, blood-stained 17-year-old British girl"

TF items, people ! Money, money, money ! ;D

After I already bought the game on GMG. Oh well I still got the game for $36 ($27 after credit). Doubt the items would have made up the extra cost.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kind of outside Steam discussion, but the new SimCity looks like a horrible purchase.

Looks like they're having some server issues. Who didn't see that coming. Good thing I have a job and stuff to tide me over while they iron that shit out.

HoosTrax

Yup. Whole thing is starting to seem like a bit of a disaster. Shame really, I'd like a new Sim City, but EA seem hell bent on killing it.
That game sound like it is to the SC franchise what AOEO was to the Age of Empire franchise. In a "we never asked for this" sort of way, when it comes to adding social and online aspects.

nexen

That game sound like it is to the SC franchise what AOEO was to the Age of Empire franchise. In a "we never asked for this" sort of way, when it comes to adding social and online aspects.

Just EA as usual - hopping on a trend just before the bubble bursts.

Salsa

Age of Empires II HD better be just bigger resolutions

cant even imagine how that shit would look if they mess with the art

Grief.exe

Age of Empires II HD better be just bigger resolutions

cant even imagine how that shit would look if they mess with the art

Would be interesting if they had access to the original sprites and they were a higher resolution.

Including those in the game would be great if they were available/exist.

So if you buy a game that comes w/ Hats/Items, how do those get into your inventory? Is it when you install the game, or do you have to fire up TF2?

TronLight

I just received this mail from steam:

STEAM

Dear Steam User,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this email address.

Steam account name: ---

You can use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Retrieve lost account" button on the Steam login screen.

The Steam Support Team
http://www.steampowered.com

I guess it's that mail that you get when some one tries to activate a key to a game you used on your account, right?

1-D_FTW

I just received this mail from steam:

I guess it's that mail that you get when some one tries to activate a key to a game you used on your account, right?

Did you edit that? I don't think it's common for Valve to use "Steam User". If they can't address me by name, I begin to think it's a phishing attempt.

EDIT: Guess not. Still, weird that Valve wouldn't personalize it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Today must be bundle day.

New Indiegala "Flash"

$1+

• Miner Wars Arena (Steam)
  • Pathologic (DRM-free)
  • The Abbey (DRM-free)

$6+

• Earth Defense Force: Insect Armegeddon + All DLC (Steam)
  • Miner Wars 2081 (Steam)
  • Paranormal (Desura)
  • Mystery Game (Steam)

TronLight

Did you edit that? I don't think it's common for Valve to use "Steam User". If they can't address me by name, I begin to think it's a phishing attempt.

EDIT: Guess not. Still, weird that Valve wouldn't personalize it.
I googled it and I found a thread on the steam forums with a copy-paste of the mail. It says "dear Steam users" there too.

I guess it's generic because it's an automated mail that's it's send to users that don't remember the account on which they activated a specific key.

1-D_FTW

(sorry if this has been posted before)

Gabe Newell just did an interview with the BBC at the Baftas on the Steambox:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21677119

Prototypes will be going to "customers" in 3 or 4 months time, and come with two controllers that Valve will monitor to see which people prefer / how play style differs before choosing a final one

Dear Gaben,

I'm available for any and all controller beta testing. I don't even need the box. You're welcome.

Yours Truly,

1-D_FTW

they ran out of Arma II Operation Arrowhead keys? It can't reach the key server and others seem to be having the problem too

I really don't get why keys are even needed for Steam purchases, but what do I know.

Cromat

It has something less than Civ 4 (like the religion system and the spy), but if you bought Gods and Kings they're back.

I never played Civ 4 but I love 5.

Civ 5 Gold includes the expansion and all DLC so I'm covered. I hope it won't take me too long to learn the new game, it's completely different from what I've played.

(sorry if this has been posted before)

Gabe Newell just did an interview with the BBC at the Baftas on the Steambox:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21677119

Prototypes will be going to "customers" in 3 or 4 months time, and come with two controllers that Valve will monitor to see which people prefer / how play style differs before choosing a final one

Thanks for pointing it out. Made a thread about it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519501

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
they ran out of Arma II Operation Arrowhead keys? It can't reach the key server and others seem to be having the problem too

I really don't get why keys are even needed for Steam purchases, but what do I know.

Er, really? That's BS. It should get attached to your account when you purchase the game imo; I had that issue with Sacred 2 before it was re-released and thought it was extremely shitty. Out of those keys = don't leave the game up for sale.

nexen

Today must be bundle day.

New Indiegala "Flash"

$1+

• Miner Wars Arena (Steam)
  • Pathologic (DRM-free)
  • The Abbey (DRM-free)

$6+

• Earth Defense Force: Insect Armegeddon + All DLC (Steam)
  • Miner Wars 2081 (Steam)
  • Paranormal (Desura)
  • Mystery Game (Steam)

oh, snap! how is EDF:IA? The polish levels were too low on the originals so I was thinking IA might me more my thing. Wish Pathologic was on steam, I'll forget about it otherwise :\

Chronoja

Tier 2 Reward...a copy of Rift: Storm Legion. It feels....contradictory, if you want people to focus their game time in your mmo don't give em another one to distract em.

edit: Nvm I guess its an upsell, if you can't hook em with defiance you may hook them with Rift. All roads lead to Trion Worlds. A clever marketting ploy to double your effective reach.

wilflare

This is really becoming the Year of Steam Box with Valve supposedly preparing Steam Box prototypes.

dang, if Gabe really implements his reactive gaming idea, I doubt I can finish any game (I can't even now).

-plays L4D-
-game detects my heart rate goes up-
-sends MOAR zombies-

-exeunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom