• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I'd buy dragon's dogma PC.

Sidenote: Bioshock Infinite pre-orders going so slow. I imagine it will pick up about a week before release. I'd like to gift my friend Xcom. Such a great game.

Grief.exe

Ya this sounds like a standard PR non-response.

"There are currently no plans for a PC version of Dragon's Dogma", a Capcom representative told us.

Capcom's Twitter account has since been updated to reflect this. "Sorry for the false alarm folks," a hastily written update reads, "no Dragon's Dogma on the PC any time soon :("

Currently no plans is exactly what Microsoft said about Halo 3 port.

This better not be GFWL.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
- $39.99, inclusive of all DLC
- Steamworks
- 10% pre-purchase discount
- A hat or two

There you go, Capcom.

Why such a late join date?

YOBQDXR.jpg

xD As I said, I was in beta before that!
I remember only installing the release client 1-2 weeks after release as well because all I played every day was bf1942 :p

JaseC

I'd buy dragon's dogma PC.

Sidenote: Bioshock Infinite pre-orders going so slow. I imagine it will pick up about a week before release. I'd like to gift my friend Xcom. Such a great game.

Out of curiosity I've begun to track its progress. In the 24 hours between ~7:30pm March 5th and ~7:40pm March 6th (AWST), the bar went up 3%.

JaseC

I should also add that the $39.99 price assumes a Q2 release. If it slips into Q3 then I'd rather see a price tag of $29.99.

Phinor

Out of curiosity I've begun to track its progress. In the 24 hours between ~7:30pm March 5th and ~7:40pm March 6th (AWST), the bar went up 3%.

I think Defiance will show us the true nature of Steam pre-purchase reward tiers. The pre-purchase went live yesterday and almost a full day later is only at 1% towards first reward. There's no hype behind this game, very few people are talking about it so if it actually reaches 100% - well, that tells us a lot.

FuKuy

Wouldn't it be wonderful if VALVe gift something to all 10 years STEAM users?

The first game of your wishlist completely free? a steambox prototype? a brand new STEAM gamepad? a TF2 hat? a coupon? a loot crate from the VALVe Store?

Grief.exe

I think Defiance will show us the true nature of Steam pre-purchase reward tiers. The pre-purchase went live yesterday and almost a full day later is only at 1% towards first reward. There's no hype behind this game, very few people are talking about it so if it actually reaches 100% - well, that tells us a lot.

It would be bad for the overall business model if a per order was ever to fail to unlock all of its incentives.

I have a feeling Valve will scoot it along eventually.

JaseC

Yeah, I'll be keeping a close on Defiance, too. I've said before that I don't believe the progress bar has any tangible significance, and Defiance -- a $60 MMO nobody is talking about, with no hats and a stupidly expensive DDE -- looks to be the decider.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if VALVe gift something to all 10 years STEAM users?

The first game of your wishlist completely free? a steambox prototype? a brand new STEAM gamepad? a TF2 hat? a coupon? a loot crate from the VALVe Store?

I can see Valve handing out the Valve Complete Pack to every active account as well as giving those with "10 years of service" a special TF2 item. (I wish I could gain access to my OG Steam account. :()

Grief.exe

Yeah, I'll be keeping a close on Defiance, too. I've said before that I don't believe the progress bar has any tangible significance, and Defiance -- a $60 MMO nobody is talking about, with no hats and a stupidly expensive DDE -- looks to be the decider.

Best chance for us to get some actual data.

The tiers seem pretty poor and the game will be nowhere near the top sellers.

Dr Dogg

What would be interesting to know but I doubt we'll ever find out is the exact number of units the different reward tiers are set at. Are they the same for each title or is it down to publisher discretion? Are the totals the same for each level or do they increase? Say for example Tomb Raider was only offering a smaller game, single player dlc and multi player maps compared to Bioshock Infinite offering 2 larger titles (granted 1 is quite old now but XCOM is still quite new) as well as hats if the totals needed to unlock their respective requirements are the same. Arguably BI has the better rewards.

I was considering it for that price. What makes it awful?

I found it pretentious - and this is coming from someone who loves Dear Esther! The gameplay is bland, basic and tedious. Nowhere near as clever or thought-provoking as it seems to think.

Others adore it - maybe I'm just missing something.

Nillansan

I found it pretentious - and this is coming from someone who loves Dear Esther! The gameplay is bland, basic and tedious. Nowhere near as clever or thought-provoking as it seems to think.

Others adore it - maybe I'm just missing something.

Thanks, I did enjoy Limbo, which was considered pretentious by many, but yeah I am holding off for now.

Too many games and so forth.

Twinduct

I tolerated 24FPS because it was a great open world RPG. It's not the prettiest game, but 60FPS and HD would definitely be nice. Make it happen, Capcom.

I tried so damn hard :/
I really wanted to be immersed as the game was fun ... but yeah, I just couldn't get past the preformance. Hell I don't need 60 I just need a locked framerate!

Me too. If Dark Souls can happen surely Dragons Dogma can too. Even more seeing as Capcom are very comfortable with PC's than From or Namco Bandai are.

Would make sense! No idea how well it sold on consoles, but I'm sure a PC port would kick up enough sales to cover the 'process'!

Although capcom is kinda weird that way.

I tried so damn hard :/
I really wanted to be immersed as the game was fun ... but yeah, I just couldn't get past the preformance. Hell I don't need 60 I just need a locked framerate!

Would make sense! No idea how well it sold on consoles, but I'm sure a PC port would kick up enough sales to cover the 'process'!

Although capcom is kinda weird that way.

It'll probably happen but they'll deny it until after the expansion releases in April on consoles.

Dr Dogg

The fault to all this PWYW bundles! Steam accounts grow without much money being spent.

Those Indie bundles Steam offer during their crimbo sale 2 years ago added about 100 titles to my account I've barely looked at apart from the ones I was after. That and things like the Paradox pack which at one point had 83 titles when all I wanted was M&B Warband and Hearts of Iron 2 & 3 but worked out cheaper.

I tried to get them to stop right away but nooooo everyone else had to try and play along and make a big joke out of it. Look where we are now. Are you happy about the decision you made?

Blizzard

Banned
morningbus, I hope you're happy with what you've done to the thread again. People don't understand your subtle brand of steam thread humor. :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I tried to get them to stop right away but nooooo everyone else had to try and play along and make a big joke out of it. Look where we are now. Are you happy about the decision you made?

morningbus, I hope you're happy with what you've done to the thread again. People don't understand your subtle brand of steam thread humor. :(

i9UycrMgooo4p.gif

The gif I posted in response to Stallion Free would have worked here too, but I don't want to cheat you guys out of fresh gifs.

Too bad what I want is not always what they want.
Also looking at that "Games Completed" section I'm ashamed of myself :(

But did you complete any of the countless games that don't have achievements? I have a category called "cleared or with 100%" where I put everything I finish and take out of the backlog. By "finish" in most cases I mean reaching the end but in other cases, like shmups, I count the 1 credit clear in at least the standard mode (ie: Jamestown, which I also cleared in Judgement using continues, or Satazius or Ether Vapor) or finishing the story mode in something like Dead Space 1 & 2 or Silent Hill Homecoming. Whatever to trim down the bloody backlog!

I coined the "Steam Library Enlargement" with all the bundles, Steam sales and such.

I did the Wasted on Steam test. Proud to see my most played game is Dark Souls. That's one that doesn't count to the "completed" counter but I 100% the bloody thing and cleared the game 3 times. Probably starting a NG+++ or a new character soon.

- $39.99, inclusive of all DLC
- Steamworks
- 10% pre-purchase discount
- A hat or two

There you go, Capcom.

I would double dip in a heartbeat-- probably after buying Dark Arisen for console too.

That is one game I feel really could do great coming to PC, especially if they don't go by GFWL for the DRM and stick to Steamworks or something. It's crazy it's taken this long for a PC port to even be "announced". But, it is Capcom.

I would double dip in a heartbeat-- probably after buying Dark Arisen for console too.

That is one game I feel really could do great coming to PC, especially if they don't go by GFWL for the DRM and stick to Steamworks or something. It's crazy it's taken this long for a PC port to even be "announced". But, it is Capcom.

We got Alan Wake, Brütal Legend, Dark Souls, suddenly AoE2 on Steam seems possible... There is even this Vanquish/Bayonetta petition to pester Sega/Platinum until we see the Steam registry entries for them, etc.

One can hope Capcom will tag along!

Grief.exe

I would prefer a proper Wii port, but with 60 fps. The RE4 HD release was a complete waste.

What was the difference between the Wii version and the recent 360/PS3 HD versions?

But yes I can't believe Capcom hasn't released a copy of RE4 on DD. With a good port this time, and I would love to see Steamworks for the pricing competition, and because I'm a sucker for achievements.

What was the difference between the Wii version and the recent 360/PS3 HD versions?
A pointer that would perfectly translate to the mouse. :p

Some graphical effects were missing in the PS360 port, I think only notably was on the novistadors. Lighting was different as well, but it sported the requisite higher resolution and AA.

Grief.exe

inferior controls, the wii version had outstanding control with the wii mote.

Yes, obviously.

But I'm assuming there was something different about the port. The controls shouldn't matter in this discussion since they would be reconfigured for PC use anyways.

For example, the original PC version of RE4 used the PS2 geometry, which was subpar.
The Wii version, used the GC geometry and had slightly better texture work.

A pointer that would perfectly translate to the mouse. :p

Some graphical effects were missing in the PS360 port, I think only notably was on the novistadors. Lighting was different as well, but it sported the requisite higher resolution and AA.

This is what I was interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom