• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I'm trying to figure out which games on steam can take 2+ people in local split screen into a multiplayer match.

Recently I know Sonic Transformed does it, and I think the Trials beta is supposed to have it, drawing a blank after those two. Blur maybe, cant imagine anyone is playing that?

There is a website for checking out co op games.
I believe its called cooptimus. Check it out.

You can sort by games that do local split screen.

Nabs

I'm loving Offspring Fling. It feels like something that would fit right on an old school gameboy. How is this not on a handheld yet??

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm loving Offspring Fling. It feels like something that would fit right on an old school gameboy. How is this not on a handheld yet??
Yeah, they should release it for one of the two handhelds. Either the 3DS or the DS would work well.

Santiako

If I would get Salsa, for example, to buy me Bioshock for cheaper, how does that work? Would I still get the prepurchase rewards?

Salsa

If I would get Salsa, for example, to buy me Bioshock for cheaper, how does that work? Would I still get the prepurchase rewards?

yeah, you'd get the whole thing, it's just $15 cheaper on South American countries.

add me on Steam and I can help you out. Already bought 3 copies today so I guess Paypal could eventually block me but that should only last for a bit

graywolf323

Yeah, they should release it for one of the two handhelds. Either the 3DS or the DS would work well.

would work even better on the Vita IMO, given all the small indie PC games that have been releasing or getting announced for the Vita lately it could be only a matter of time

Santiako

yeah, you'd get the whole thing, it's just $15 cheaper on South American countries.

add me on Steam and I can help you out. Already bought 3 copies today so I guess Paypal could eventually block me but that should only last for a bit

I'll do it in a couple of days if that's ok, I have to ponder other stores first.

Thanks

It is that price at nuuvem I think which has worked ok in the past for me or a discount code through GMG will get you close (with two extra games).

Depends how much the TF2 hats go for. I wonder if the Xcom mark will be reached?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably VERY late, but I just noticed that they have added Steam achievements to Batman: Arkham Asylum. Any idea why?

HoosTrax

I'm probably VERY late, but I just noticed that they have added Steam achievements to Batman: Arkham Asylum. Any idea why?
Because no one gives a shiet about LIVE achievements I suppose. I breezed through AA as quickly as I could (8 hours), then spent 45 hours playing AC. I think a lot of time was spent doing Riddler puzzles.

graywolf323

all unlock marks have always been reached in every game

my guess is that even if it doesnt actually make it, they still flip a switch eventually and it just unlocks.

not true, there was a game that didn't make it to tier 3

I can't remember it off the top of my head though

Salsa

not true, there was a game that didn't make it to tier 3

I can't remember it off the top of my head though

well, i'll remain skeptical until that game pops up in your memory

I just think it's an incentive and that it is stupid to let down people who bought it in advance because they were sure that thing will unlock. They just want people telling other people to get the game in order to get them, but to not do it anyway on the last day? it's silly.

well, i'll remain skeptical until that game pops up in your memory

I just think it's an incentive and that it is stupid to let down people who bought it in advance because they were sure that thing will unlock. They just want people telling other people to get the game in order to get them, but to not do it anyway on the last day? it's silly.

Company of heroes 2 is looking good

justjim89

Bought Max Payne 3, took hours to install, and apparently there aren't any Steam Keys available? What the fuck? Any way to fix this? I'm pissed as hell. This is absurd.

Old? Looks like Dirt games had a price drop.

Dirt 2 - $14.99
Dirt 3 - $24.99
Dirt Showdown - $29.99

Also, the first game is not on the store anymore.

Exuro

Adding achievements to old games is nice and all but wheres my revamped and easy to access achievements page? The badges page is easier to get to.

Grief.exe

Is there a point of no return in Sleeping Dogs where I can't complete side missions?

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one as well. You probably remember Stump's post upthread.

Unless WB has a history of patching in achievements late, I have to ask myself why they would even bother when the game is almost three years old.

It is kind of interesting.

Why would they take the time to do this? They could be prepping a patch that removes the GFWL DRM.

Since WB has two games to the DRM they could stand to see some profit by removing it.

Since the games utilize the same engine it could be quite cheap since removing the DRM for one could be similar to removing it from the other.

Then advertise and sell, I know I haven't bought City yet because of the implementation of GFWL.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ooh yay. Perhaps with these price drops we'll actually see some better sales this summer.

And the best part is that FO:NV, Dirt 2, and Dirt 3 were three of the main games on my list to buy on sale.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm cautiously optimistic about this one as well. You probably remember Stump's post upthread.

Unless WB has a history of patching in achievements late, I have to ask myself why they would even bother when the game is almost three years old.

Well there is evidence of Warner Bros already having this done with a game.

Gotham City Impostors was a downloadable game you bought on PC (as I bought it) which was GFWL. Monolith later on ripped out GFWL and made it completely Steamworks and Free To Play leaving the paid for version basically defunct. Now obviously this isn't exactly the same case but the precedent is there for them having GFWL removed from one of their games.

I also recall reading somewhere a while ago that Warner Bros. had a deal with Microsoft where they had to have GFWL in Batman games released on the PC. Don't take that as fact though as I'd have to prove it but let's say this is the case, maybe the deal is over and they can rip it out if they want ? Ya never know...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, what do you know, apparently keys for the Football Manager games as far back as 2009 activate on Steam. Kudos, Sega; you're not entirely evil.

Caerith

Well, who knows why they added achievements, but now I guess I gotta go back and earn them all. I mean, after I finish my backlog.

Grief.exe

Well, who knows why they added achievements, but now I guess I gotta go back and earn them all. I mean, after I finish my backlog.

Ya I'm going to wait and see if they remove the GFWL, then I will go out and buy Arkham City and finish AA again.

GFWL is just about fully dead at this point.

Nabs

Well there is evidence of Warner Bros already having this done with a game.

Gotham City Impostors was a downloadable game you bought on PC (as I bought it) which was GFWL. Monolith later on ripped out GFWL and made it completely Steamworks and Free To Play leaving the paid for version basically defunct. Now obviously this isn't exactly the same case but the precedent is there for them having GFWL removed from one of their games.

I also recall reading somewhere a while ago that Warner Bros. had a deal with Microsoft where they had to have GFWL in Batman games released on the PC. Don't take that as fact though as I'd have to prove it but let's say this is the case, maybe the deal is over and they can rip it out if they want ? Ya never know...

I'm sad they never fixed GCI. That game was a lot of fun, but it had some serious problems on PC.

FYC

Banned
I've never played a Red Faction game before, but having just finished Armageddon, I think the Magnet Gun is one of the best weapons ever.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, I finally got around playing Minerva's Den and yeah, it's Bioshock at its finest. Combat is as clunky as I remember it, but it's okish, I guess.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sad they never fixed GCI. That game was a lot of fun, but it had some serious problems on PC.

I adore GCI, bought it on both the PC and 360 and had such a great time with it but it without a doubt had problems. It was just great wacky fun to play and chill out to, not serious in the slightest. I know on PC these days you only get matches really in TDM (which typically is my least favourite mode in GCI) but I'm curious how active the 360 community is now. Even a few months ago I was able to get into matches with no problems, it generally kept its community pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom