• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm probably VERY late, but I just noticed that they have added Steam achievements to Batman: Arkham Asylum. Any idea why?

2wrq4wxu1oys.gif

So you CAN play it with the Steam version? I've heard comments it only works with retail copies.

Take the people who told you that into an alley and beat them senseless.

zkylon

zkylewd
So you CAN play it with the Steam version? I've heard comments it only works with retail copies.
Yup, it's weird that you have to buy it from xbox.com but it works.

Also, I had forgotten how much I liked Bioshock. I agree with everyone who says it's a dumbed down version of System Shock 2 but some of the streamlining just works great in the minute-to-minute action and it's just overall so enjoyable.

I'm glad to rediscover that, really.

edit: thanks again to Stallion and JaseC for the instructions. I had enough headaches getting xbox.com to accept my money already.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'll probably replay Bioshock before Infinite. Never played it again since release
To be honest it feels like it was old even back in 2007 and I'm playing Bio2 which if I remember correctly did a lot of things to smooth out the shooting.

I still really like it, I must've beaten it like 3 or 4 times.

Also spear gun in Bio2 is sweet. All games should have spear guns.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Guys, I see while I was at work a bunch of people got added to the steam group. Any chance I can latch on?

My steam name is "Horseticuffs". I'd really appreciate it!

Salsa

Guys, I see while I was at work a bunch of people got added to the steam group. Any chance I can latch on?

My steam name is "Horseticuffs". I'd really appreciate it!

I was literally responding to your pm this instant, didnt catch it before, sorry!

That would just make me feel fatigue when rolling into Infinite.

I think it's different enough. Gonna be refreshing to be on an outside environment.

I remember very little about Bioshock and im sure there's gonna be some kind of connection

justjim89

Can anyone give me any sort of help with this Max Payne 3 "failure to connect to key server" business? Googling it seems to suggest verifying the game cache, which didn't work, and installing Social Club manually which also didn't work. Do I just have to wait until Valve and/or Rockstar decide to give me a damn game key for the game I paid for?
This is infuriating.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Runner 2. One hell of a ride, and playing on Medium it felt rather easy, I must say. I haven't found all the retro carts yet, but I did get a Perfect+ on every level and all the costumes.

Because no one gives a shiet about LIVE achievements I suppose. I breezed through AA as quickly as I could (8 hours), then spent 45 hours playing AC. I think a lot of time was spent doing Riddler puzzles.
Wow, that's quick. I put like 18 hours on AA, and I still had like 7 Riddler trophies left. And I haven't touched the GOTY features yet, like the challenges and whatever extras it has.

Grief.exe

ughhhhhhh Bioshock has dreadful mouse acceleration/lag

vsync makes no impact

god damn fucking videogames

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Bioshock

That would just make me feel fatigue when rolling into Infinite.

I haven't even played a shooter this year in anticipation of Infinite. I want to roll in feeling fresh and not 'burned out' on shooters.

The flood gates are probably going to open up after that I want to play through Call of Pripyat, Bioshock 1, and System Shock 2.

Blizzard

Banned
Ok, I finally got around playing Minerva's Den and yeah, it's Bioshock at its finest. Combat is as clunky as I remember it, but it's okish, I guess.
I was just going to ask about how you go about buying this but I see I have been beaten. Would you mind re-linking the instructions about how to buy and use it?

I've never played a Red Faction game before, but having just finished Armageddon, I think the Magnet Gun is one of the best weapons ever.

I still haven't played it either, but judging from YouTube, the Singularity Cannon also looks enjoyable (if more traditional).

justjim89

This is absurd. Apparently the wait is on Valve to get more keys from Rockstar. No one who bought it during the sale seems to be able to play, and now the Max Payne 3 store page says they're out of keys. It'll probably be monday before I can play the weekend deal. Ugh. Pardon my ignorance, but how hard is it to pay some mook to generate a few thousand game keys and upload them to a server? It's a fucking code of numbers and letters. I really don't like someone having my money while I don't have access to what I paid for.

Has this shit happened with anyone else for a game?

Grief.exe

This is absurd. Apparently the wait is on Valve to get more keys from Rockstar. No one who bought it during the sale seems to be able to play, and now the Max Payne 3 store page says they're out of keys. Pardon my ignorance, but how hard is it to pay some mook to generate a few thousand game keys and upload them to a server? It's a fucking code of numbers and letters. I really don't like someone having my money while I don't have access to what I paid for.

Has this shit happened with anyone else for a game?

This happens fairly often.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was just going to ask about how you go about buying this but I see I have been beaten. Would you mind re-linking the instructions about how to buy and use it?
Uh, it's kinda buried in the thread but the jist of it was:
1) Buy Bio2 on Steam and install it
2) Buy Minerva's Den here: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Minervas-Den/00000000-0000-400e-80cf-00065454085c
3) Download GFWL marketplace app thingie, and download Minerva's Den with it.
4) Fire up Bio2 and go to extras, downloadable content and play it from there.

I think in step 3 or 4 they may ask you for a key, you should get that when you buy Minerva's Den from xbox.com.

It's pretty easy, really.

ughhhhhhh Bioshock has dreadful mouse acceleration/lag

vsync makes no impact

god damn fucking videogames
No problem with that in Bio2 :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Really?? I mean really?! Who knows when a sale will be, you will tell someone to wait months to save like 90 cents?? :p
It's exactly what I'm doing, so I'd tell him the same. If he's not desperate to play it now, waiting will not do him any harm, and he can save some money, however little it is.

Salsa

man Bioshock sure has aged

not only graphics-wise, but the pacing is just kinda hilarious

in the first 15 minutes yo go from falling out of a plane to having super powers on an underwater city and just blindly accepting quests from this random dude

I specially like how the first thing you do is walk up to a needle, grab it, and stick it in your arm as if it was nothing. No explanation.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

in the first 15 minutes yo go from falling out of a plane to having super powers on an underwater city and just blindly accepting quests from this random dude

I specially like how the first thing you do is walk up to a needle, grab it, and stick it in your arm as if it was nothing. No explanation.
Yeah, shit is ridiculous. Who the fuck would just get into a submarine blindly after a plane crash?

kurahador

This is why I hate silent protagonist in fps games.

Salsa

Yeah, shit is ridiculous. Who the fuck would just get into a submarine blindly after a plane crash?

hah, you know what I mean. The pacing just feels too fast, there's no room for any sort of hesitation. I get that it's something that is hard to do with silent protagonists, but it only makes the "oh look a needle, let's just stick it in my arm" thing the more hilarious.

Ever since Bioshock I think some games had better ways of dealing with this without necesarelly adding speech. It's just funny to go back to that.

hah, you know what I mean. The pacing just feels too fast, there's no room for any sort of hesitation. I get that it's something that is hard to do with silent protagonists, but it only makes the "oh look a needle, let's just stick it in my arm" thing the more hilarious.

But you forget about that certain phrase Salsa.

Salsa

also I remember the part where you're just chillin picking an item and you turn around and there's a splicer RIGHT AT YOUR FACE

but I dont remember where it was, so now everytime I pick up an item I turn back immediatly :(

port is.. not good, really, but after some tweaks its not that bad either

im getting some stutter that feels more like frame skipping rather than a framerate drop. Downsampling and forcing AA, it looks good but some of the lighting and texture work is really rough. 2007 was quite a while ago, as it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom