• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm glad I put your game on the backburner, assholes:

Afterfall: Insanity Developers said:
We are not ingnoring anyone - we have designed and made our game to max res 1920x1080 - it will not be changed we are sorry for those who wanted to try higher resolution. We will keep on working on some funcional issues and will moove to the next project.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So they made the game thinking PC gamers only had a max display of 1080p ? Da fuck ?

They broke the way ini files work in UE3 games make it seemingly impossible to utilize custom resolutions (something that's usually very simple and straight forward on a full featured engine like UE3).... and then they drop that bullshit in the forum. It's the 3d version of all the 720p art asset bullshit I deal with in 2d indie games.

Sajjaja

Need a good 4X game that could run well on a old laptop:

AMD Dual Core P320 @ 2.1ghz
Radeon Mobility 4250
3GB Ram

Got Civ 4, but looking for something fresh. GalCiv2 has some weird lag issues that I don't know how to fix (not because of my hardware).

Thinking of Sword of the Stars since its on sale at GG.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
They broke the way ini files work in UE3 games make it seemingly impossible to utilize custom resolutions (something that's usually very simple and straight forward on a full featured engine like UE3).... and then they drop that bullshit in the forum. It's the 3d version of all the 720p art asset bullshit I deal with in 2d indie games.

Crikey, usually it's 'easy days' when you get a UE3 game due to how great the engine is on PC/how easy things are to mess around with. Nothing surprises me though.

Blizzard

Banned
I've put about 7 hours into this game and marked about 3/4 of the map. Your impressions are spot on.

It can look very good sometimes, with nice god rays and lots of foliage, some nice textures too. On cloudy days, the visuals are just flat. Night is very dark, but you shouldn't be going out at night anyway. Grass pop-in is definitely noticeable. Overall, I think the graphics are good, but on my 3570k/gtx 580 the frame rate does get sluggish. No real way to tweak it that I have found.

Walking around the woods is relaxing and most of the game play mechanics, while quirky, fit together well enough. I've made a couple of frantic dashes for my hut as night and sickness approached. I really wish they would've fleshed out the history of the island. There are ruins and stuff you come across all the time, but no real story or explanation behind them. I've spent most of my time triangulating the map, so maybe there is more to unfold. But I doubt it.

It's worth $5 if you're into the exploring part of it.
Is it hardcore style where if you die, you lose all the map progress you have made and have to start a completely new game? That might scare me off from playing much, since it seemed very possible to accidentally get yourself sick/injured where you can't see and are rapidly dying, just because you walked into water or something.

dani_dc

The first Euro Truck was just released on Steam:

The original Euro Truck Simulator - the game which has become the classic of the genre and is still relevant today. The first truck simulation game in a European setting, with European long haul trucks!

Price: 7,99€
20% off (6,39€) until the 15th of March.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't say which is the better game since I haven't played a SC game since 2. But I will say that I think Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle for $10 is a steal. Tropico is more of a satirical, power trippy type of game. It's probably not as "spreadsheet-ish" as a SC game. The carribean setting gives it a unique character.
As someone who hasn't played a single city builder game in his life, is Tropico 4 worth it? Should I try the demo?

you really dont, it's a piece of crap
Yup, I don't have it on Steam, but I've heard it's infinitely inferior to the older retail PC port, which I loved. I still may want to get the Steam version just to beat the final boss and complete the game once and for all, but I may be better off installing the CD version.

dont think its possible, but is their a way to download a steam game on an android tablet then transfer it to a pc (with steam installed) afterwards?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
This new Sword of the Stars Pit roguelike looks interesting. I loooove roguelikes [elements] so it instantly moved to the toppish of my list, am I gonna be disappointed? Anyone know anything AT ALL about it?

FloatOn

I just finished playing a round of primal carnage. It's pretty funny getting eaten/stomped/scooped up by dinos.

Totally worth the 5 dollars.

ShaneB

This new Sword of the Stars Pit roguelike looks interesting. I loooove roguelikes [elements] so it instantly moved to the toppish of my list, am I gonna be disappointed? Anyone know anything AT ALL about it?

first I've heard of it as well and it looks pretty cool, so impressions will be appreciated here as well!

dani_dc

i wanted to use my schools internet to download games lol
dont have a laptop, only a tablet

Well, I suppose it's theorically possible to download the game files to a school PC (assuming you can install Steam on it), then transfer the files to the Tablet via USB and later put the files on the appropriate folder on your home PC later.
I haven't tried it or heard of anyone trying it, but no reason why it shouldn't work.

There's really no direct way of transfering games directly to your tablet though, I assume there's not much demand for such.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Relax.MX

Someone have a guess pass of Red Orchestra 2? Is for a friend.. I know is cheap right now but I don't have the money and he is a "I spend 60 usd on a game for console but I don't spend 5 usd in something new for PC"

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Pylon Trooper had a thing to say about The Pit in a recent roguelike rec thread:

I'm really enjoying Sword of the Stars: The Pit at the moment. Kinda telling that this is how they follow up on the abortive tragedy that was SotS2: Lords of Winter. Unlike that ungainly thing, this is tight and uses the SotS universe nicely.

Anyway, roguelike + achievements means I'm most likely in
when it hits $5, like virtually everything else I buy

M*A*S*H

Kind of an off topic question, but does anyone know what happens if I buy the same game twice from the ubisoft store? I've got a couple of copies of far cry 3 for sale over in community (shameless plug) but they're coupons that don't work in all regions. It'd be far more convenient for me and my potential customer if I could just give them a serial key, since that's not region blocked and comes with the order confirmation email they send you. Figured I'd ask here since it's the de facto pc thread.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Rougelikes are usually a safe bet for awesome.
ibjTUlmanedaBY.gif

Unless you mean like Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Centipede...

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Hey all you cool jerks, I recently bought a shitty laptop to do an online course. I've been enjoying some TF2, Torchlight 2, and DoD:S on it. I'd love an invite to the Steam Group!

My nickname there is, perhaps unsurprisingly, "Horseticuffs". Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. I've been doing my internetting strictly on mobile devices for a long while and so this is my first visit to anything Steam related in many, many years.

demolitio

I just finished playing a round of primal carnage. It's pretty funny getting eaten/stomped/scooped up by dinos.

Totally worth the 5 dollars.

I actually wanted to get it at launch although I was scared there wouldn't be many people playing. Were there quite a few populated matches at least? Thanks.

It makes me wish for some more true dino games.

celebi23

I've got some extra humble bundle android 5 keys hidden in this post too

Dynamite Jack

NightSky

Dungeon Defenders + All DLC

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom