• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Love Sleeping Dogs to death, for cents I'm going to take the plunge on the DLC I still didn't have because they were released after the previous sale (Movie Masters, Monkey King and Law Enforcer. Wheels of Fury too because Batmobile). I don't mind getting outfits DLC in this game because they always come with cool exclusive crap like skills, special vehicles and/or weapons. Obviously never got any of the money/xp boost stuff as that's just silly.

Hope the Year of the Snake DLC doesn't get delayed and does come out next tuesday.

Blizzard

Banned
I just looked through the specials list, and I'm a little confused. There are some specials with no apparent explanation unless I missed something.

Velvet Assassin, 75% off.
Tropico Trilogy, 75% off.
Syberia Bundle, 75% off.
Spectraball, 75% off.
Gatling Gears, 75% off.
Galaxy on Fire 2, as mentioned, 66% off.

I'd be all over Syberia Bundle and Spectraball except I already bought them, ha.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I just looked through the specials list, and I'm a little confused. There are some specials with no apparent explanation unless I missed something.

Syberia Bundle, 75% off.
Spectraball, 75% off.
Gatling Gears, 75% off.

I'd be all over Syberia Bundle and Spectraball except I already bought them, ha.

Some of those are "Weekly Deals", a little something that Valve started a few weeks ago.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So which Sleeping Dogs DLC is worth it?

I already have Nightmare at North Point and the Triad Enforcer's Pack. I know the Zodiac Tournament is another story-DLC.

Is everything else clothes and moves DLC? Is there any pack that contains multiple clothing/moves DLC (other than the Triad Enforcer's)?

dani_dc

Syberia Bundle, 75% off.
Spectraball, 75% off.
Gatling Gears, 75% off.

Tropico deal is likely an attempt (by valve or the develepor) to take advantaged of the SimCity debacle. The rest, as already mentioned, are weekly deals.

louiedog

I already have Nightmare at North Point and the Triad Enforcer's Pack. I know the Zodiac Tournament is another story-DLC.

Is everything else clothes and moves DLC? Is there any pack that contains multiple clothing/moves DLC (other than the Triad Enforcer's)?

The newest one, Wheels of Fury, has missions and a ridiculous car. I don't know if you ever saw the mid-90s TV show Viper, but it's basically that.

Giant Bomb QL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldeOUlFPOz0
Viper, because why not? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U15tUFJXseQ

None. It's all trash. The clothing/moves DLC is dumb. The money boost DLC is pointless. And the mission DLC ranges from forgettable (Zodiac Tournament) to painfully bad (Nightmare in North Point).

If you have to get one I guess I'd get the Zodiac Tournament, but don't bother with anything else. It just gets in the way of an otherwise fantastic experience.

Danj

I just got done playing Sleeping Dogs and the game is seriously amazing.

If you are on the fence and thinking about buying, go out and get it. You will not be disappointed.

I did get Sleeping Dogs but because I suck at games, I got stuck pretty early on in the game and haven't really played it since :(
it's the Susan's Lunch favour, for some reason the group of dudes at the restaurant kick my ass

Tizoc

The Cave is 50% on Greemangaming, better go grab it. Don't bother waiting for the Steam sale, this is prob. the cheapest its gonna be by then.

Fuu

I did get Sleeping Dogs but because I suck at games, I got stuck pretty early on in the game and haven't really played it since :(
it's the Susan's Lunch favour, for some reason the group of dudes at the restaurant kick my ass
Just make sure you counter whenever someone flashes red and it shouldn't be too difficult. Also try to mix some environmental kills when possible so they go down faster.

Grief.exe

Really? It even has that Arkham Asylum combat system that makes everything easier.

It was a rarity for me to even get hit at all during the game.

When they glow red, just right click, simple as that. Even when you are mid animation, it will stop it and go into the counter attack.

louiedog

The Cave is 50% on Greemangaming, better go grab it. Don't bother waiting for the Steam sale, this is prob. the cheapest its gonna be by then.

Additional 20% off with GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS brings it to $6.

It's also part of the instant game collection on PS+ this month for anyone who has that and doesn't care about platform.

Tizoc

Got The Cave day 1 when it was up for PC pre-order and from US PSN.
It is apparently the 2nd top selling game of February in EU PSN interestingly enough.

Sysgen

Am I the only one who didn't like BioShock? I only played like 2 or 3 hours of it, but except for the first 10 minutes, it was a complete drag, with horrible gameplay and shooting mechanics.

Does it get better? Should I force myself to continue? I liked the setting and story, but everything else was just awful.

No you are not the only one. Atmosphere gets you 2 or 3 hours and that's it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Really? It even has that Arkham Asylum combat system that makes everything easier.

When they glow red, just right click, simple as that. Even when you are mid animation, it will stop it and go into the counter attack.

It's combat is more Warriors/Yakuza than Arkham Asylum, they just have the counter button in common really though of course that's an essential part of stringing together enemies to take down and get a good flow going.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Edit: Odds are most/all of these are gone due to people not telling me when they take something.

PM me if you take one (or more) so I can mark it out, after so many invalid attempts you will be locked out of redeeming keys for a period. Don't quote my entire post in your post please.

Free keys:

Miner Wars Arena #1
Miner Wars Arena #2
Miner Wars Arena #3
Miner Wars Arena #4

Miner Wars 2081 #1
Miner Wars 2081 #2
Miner Wars 2081 #3
Miner Wars 2081 #4

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon #1
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon #2
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon #3
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon #4

Paranormal (Desura) #1
Paranormal (Desura) #2
Paranormal (Desura) #3
Paranormal (Desura) #4

Vegas: Make it Big #1
Vegas: Make it Big #2
Vegas: Make it Big #3

Fireburst #1
Fireburst #2
Fireburst #3

Zombie Pirates #1
Zombie Pirates #2
Zombie Pirates #3

louiedog

PM me if you take one (or more) so I can mark it out, after so many invalid attempts you will be locked out of redeeming keys for a period. Don't quote my entire post in your post please.

Free keys:

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon #1

Used. Thanks!

xelios

It's alright. I told people to PM me to keep from clogging the thread with replies. I knew the EDFs would be gone within a minute or so. Also if you try to use some that aren't marked out and they've been used PM me to let me know please.

I'm not sure which DLC in Sleeping Dogs but after the opening missions, my triad and police upgrade trees were nearly maxed out. And you can't disable DLC, so, watch out, 'n stuff.

Fuu

I'm not sure which DLC in Sleeping Dogs but after the opening missions, my triad and police upgrade trees were nearly maxed out. And you can't disable DLC, so, watch out, 'n stuff.
This sounds like a glitch, I had all DLC unlocked and nothing like this happened to me (I kind of wish it did for the remaining triad upgrades by endgame though, goddamn that slow XP lol). The only one I could see doing something like that would be the XP pack, but I didn't acquire the boost DLCs.

xelios

Top Dog Silver Pack + Top Dog Gold Pack give you a lot of bonus starting experience.

High Roller Pack will start you off with $200k and the Red Envelope Pack adds $1m spread throughout the game in $50k denominations.

Watch for these if you don't want cheats.

This sounds like a glitch, I had all DLC unlocked and nothing like this happened to me (I kind of wish it did for the remaining triad upgrades by endgame though, goddamn that slow XP lol). The only one I could see doing something like that would be the XP pack, but I didn't acquire the boost DLCs.

That's probably what did it. In hindsight I shouldn't have just bought all the DLC, but I grabbed everything during that -91% error so I didn't have time to cherry pick.

stuminus3

This is why I don't buy this shit in bulk anymore.

For anyone looking at Sleeping Dogs DLC, buy the Nightmare in North Point and Zodiac Tournament DLC (those are the bigger story-related DLC). The rest is pure BS, and the Top Dog and High Roller DLC flat-out breaks the game.

Hm. Anyways, is the social/career stuff broken? I'm assuming the messages about being unable to connect in-game is because I haven't set it up, but the website keeps telling me I need to be logged in to do it even after I've linked my account and everything.

Man, I'm bummed.

Max Payne 3 has disappeared from my Steam library. I haven't even played it yet and just got this new PC built. I see that it's on sale now too, just no cash after all of this hardware.

I won it and was gifted a copy. Perhaps it was bought fraudulently or something...

but does Steam not inform you when they remove something?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
This isn't strictly relevant, but it seems like this would be a good place to ask. Are there any sort of city building/economic strategy sort of games that take place in 19th century America when canals, steamboats, and trains began being used?

Baha

Man, I'm bummed.

Max Payne 3 has disappeared from my Steam library. I haven't even played it yet and just got this new PC built. I see that it's on sale now too, just no cash after all of this hardware.

I won it and was gifted a copy. Perhaps it was bought fraudulently or something...

Go to you steam account, top right hand corner, account details. It should list every game you've purchased or redeemed on steam (cd key or gifts).

Grief.exe

Man, I'm bummed.

If it was a gifted copy it should still be in your inventory.

Go to the upper menu, click View > Inventory > Click add to library.

Danj

Oh, huh. Yeah that worked really well. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom