• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dang, Don't Starve has gotten really good after the past few updates. Haven't played it since early January and they've added a lot of new shit.

GWX

I also got some keys for you, guys!

Superbrothers
Crayon Physics Deluxe

Enjoy, and quote this post if you grab any.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So I could buy the first three Tropico games for $5 or the 4th for $7.50. I think I would basically just play the third one if I bought the trilogy. Which should I get if I could only get one?

I'm just in a management type mood.

EDIT: Ah, fuck it. I'll just get the trilogy.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Could anyone be kind enough to invite me to the Gaf group on steam?

I don't care about giveaways etc, but it'd be nice to have a community on Steam to play with/be part of.

Steamname is NihilisticMonk

Invite sent. Feel free to decline the friend request if you'd like. I didn't realize there was a way to invite without friending at first.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
To the Moon... I just finished it.

You know, I never cry, never. I sometimes tell lies though, especially right after crying. Of course, this isn't one of those times. But if it were, rest assured I'd never admit it.

*sniff* too... much... onion *sniff*

Grief.exe

Dang, Don't Starve has gotten really good after the past few updates. Haven't played it since early January and they've added a lot of new shit.

Oh damn. The temptation deepens.

Can't really afford it right now considering how I just shelled out for AoE II and Infinite...Gonna be a long wait lol

It looks like Don't Starve has a hat and a weapon.
46BMXKf.png

Don't Starve is excellent, though I haven't been able to put as much time into it as I would like. The art style is distinctive, the craft system is fun and personally, I always enjoy a roguelike. Watch the Giant Bomb Quick Look if you're interested, though they have added a lot of new things since then. It's only $6 essentially, easily worth it. The TF2 items are icing on the cake.

Started and finished Homefront today. I actually kind of liked it. It is pretty standard stuff, but I liked the shooting and set pieces. Also it was quite pretty at certain parts. I would definitely be interested in a sequel, which would be interesting if Crytek did it, now that they own the license. I thought it would be a very fitting game to finally play due to all of the North Korea news lately.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Started and finished Homefront today. I actually kind of liked it. It is pretty standard stuff, but I liked the shooting and set pieces. Also it was quite pretty at certain parts. I would definitely be interested in a sequel, which would be interesting if Crytek did it, now that they own the license. I thought it would be a very fitting game to finally play due to all of the North Korea news lately.

Crytek has been working on the sequel for at least ~18 months now.

How long (roughly) was your play through?

dk_

The recent update of Don't Starve doesn't finish and when I try to play it says "disc error". Verifying game cache didn't help either.

Edit: Solved it be reinstalling.

LQX

Same here, I liked Homefront. It got way too much backlash.

Grief.exe

46BMXKf.png

Don't Starve is excellent, though I haven't been able to put as much time into it as I would like. The art style is distinctive, the craft system is fun and personally, I always enjoy a roguelike. Watch the Giant Bomb Quick Look if you're interested, though they have added a lot of new things since then. It's only $6 essentially, easily worth it. The TF2 items are icing on the cake.

Do you get the TF2 items if you get gifted a copy?
I think I'm going to host a buy, don't want to false advertise.

I've had my eye on this one. I forgot about the two for one deal, that pushed me over The edge.

Edit: Found the answer to my question on reddit.

beefdoughnut said:
Does anyone know if you can still get the promo items?
If so, can you get them from gifted copies of Don't Starve? I'm thinking about buying the game with keys, but I want the promos!

Serious said:
My copy was gifted from a friend, so yes. And the game's a LOT of fun, why not just actually buy it to play it?

Source

The recent update of Don't Starve doesn't finish and when I try to play it says "disc error". Verifying game cache didn't help either.

Edit: Solved it be reinstalling.

I know you fixed the issue, but for other people. From the official website:

Important Note:

Steam seems to be having some technical difficulties in sending the update to some computers. If you encounter problems, you should be able to fix them by uninstalling Don't Starve and then reinstalling it. You may have to validate files after you do this in order to force the update after that.
This should just be a temporary problem. Valve is usually pretty quick to fix these things!

lmpaler

May I haz invite to Gaf group please.

Also after I get the rig built next week, Chivalry is GOING DOWN! I need warriors to fight for glory with me!!!!!!!!!

Seriously that game looks like so much fucking fun.

I played it for a bit a few months ago and had a pretty good time as I started uncovering little things about the game that expanded on what I could craft. I haven't played much at all since I figured they still had plenty more to add into the game so it's great to hear that Klei did just that. Can't wait to dive into it when it releases in April.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Do you get the TF2 items if you get gifted a copy?
I think I'm going to host a buy, don't want to false advertise.

I've had my eye on this one. I forgot about the two for one deal, that pushed me over The edge.

I know you fixed the issue, but for other people. From the official website:

I got a copy code from a friend and I just got my items. I don't know if it will continue to do this or what, though. You know how goddamn weird Valve is with its hats. They don't seem to be marketable yet though. Papa's gotta make some dosh for when Poker Night 2 hits.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Only took me three months to do so, but I finally beat Dishonored tonight. Not going to do that to myself ever again.

How long (roughly) was your play through?
4 and a half hours, which is great for the $3 price I payed for it haha. I can see being mad if I had payed $50 for it. But overall as an experience, it was definitely worth my time which is a great achievement when you have a backlog as big as mine and not as much time to play anymore.

4 and a half hours, which is great for the $3 price I payed for it haha. I can see being mad if I had payed $50 for it. But overall as an experience, it was definitely worth my time which is a great achievement when you have a backlog as big as mine and not as much time to play anymore.

Wow, I might just push that towards the top of my pile once I'm done with the current games I've started.

Howlongtobeat is great, I was also curious about AngryChinchilla's experience as it was completed (by the sounds of it) in a single sitting.

Grief.exe

Xelios is awesome by the way.

I PM'd him since I saw he owned Don't Starve on Steam. I PM'd him to see if I could buy the extra copy.

He replied that he had gotten it as a gift and didn't have an extra one. About 30 seconds later an email pops up with a Don't Starve gift.

I PM'd him since I saw he owned Don't Starve on Steam. I PM'd him to see if I could buy the extra copy.

He replied that he had gotten it as a gift and didn't have an extra one. About 30 seconds later an email pops up with a Don't Starve gift.

Wow. Did yours come with an extra one? Lol

Deques

I can take the extra one XD

Grief.exe

Its just one copy guys. I was just letting everyone know he's a good guy.

I was actually seconds away from starting a group buy in here when Xelios' email showed up.

Xelios delivers.

Keasar

Has anyone tried Stardrive?

I did and posted my impression in the (tiny) Stardrive thread.

I decided to buy the game after reading the RockPaperShotgun article about it and so far I actually really like it. I am not so far in yet but I definitely see the potential with some further development and it has some pretty cool depth for being in realtime. If the development goes well, I might even say this could top Sins of a Solar Empire for me (and I love Sins). Also, the races are absolutely fantastic. They have some personality in their conversations and some are really damn imaginative:

And I still love these guys:
Fuckin' Space Bear Shogunate!!

Salsa

Yeah ive been sitting on Dont Starve for a while. Definetly looks like its right up my alley.

Infinite coming so that money is locked, but i'll get it down the line.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Nillansan

46BMXKf.png

Yeah I am getting it now, it seems like something that the wife and I will enjoy.

Deques

46BMXKf.png

Do everyone get the tf2 stuff? Or is it exclusive to steam purchases? What if I buy directly from the developer's website?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys, how long are we going to wait before staging an intervention for JaseC? What is his rock bottom?

Importing multiple years of Football Manager at once has got to be pretty close.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
My retail copy of Football Manager 2010 arrived today and it activated just fine. 2009 is on its way from the UK while 2011 and 2012 will have to wait.

Subset really ought to offer a key for the game + OST bundle. I know I'm not the only one who's opted to purchase the game through Steam because of the lack thereof.
Oh man, you're incorrigible. Do you really need Football Manager 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012?

FloatOn

Only 3 hours left for Primal Carnage for 5 dollars. I played some more last night.

It's one of the most simple FPS games I've played but it does the crazy concept of humans vs dinos really well.

Getting scooped up and dropped to your death by a pterodactyl or shooting a T-Rex in the face is quite hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom