• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've avatar quoted 4 times today. I feel special.

image.php
, it happens to all of us at some point.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sorta off topic but something I was pondering. Do people who hate QTE's also hate games like Bit.Trip.Runner which are essentially QTE:The game except without on screen button prompts?

People like the hate on them because the devs were too lazy to find a way to make you look that cool in actual gameplay.

nexen

Quick, Turgid Erection

Juffo-Wup fills in my fibers and I grow turgid. Violent action ensues.

It's super cool to have a lootwhore ARPG set in a big open world with non-linear quests. In that sense it feels like the janky cousin of the ghost of what Diablo 3 should have been. It has a ton of rough edges, though, to the point that it can get in the way of the fun. It follows the basic rule that everything is fun in co-op, of course, so if you can LAN or tunnel it now that the servers are down, you can have a great time with it. If you're looking for AAA polish it will be an exercise in frustration and maybe Titan Quest would be more your thing.
Thanks. I liked Titan Quest. Still on the fence on Sacred 2. I co-op nothing, have no friends :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sorta off topic but something I was pondering. Do people who hate QTE's also hate games like Bit.Trip.Runner which are essentially QTE:The game except without on screen button prompts?

To be honest, I enjoyed them in Shenmue because they were fairly well implemented.

QTEs now are mostly used as boring filler that gives the illusion of gameplay.

nexen

I'm terribly inconsistent about hating them. I wanted to punch someone in the mouth for most of the QTEs in Jericho, but thought Ninja Blade was hysterical even though it was 90% QTEs. Haven't played Tomb Raider yet, but I suspect I will like it because horrifying death.

Mostly I don't mind QTEs if they are very quick, one-off things that don't take too long and are hard to fail. Oh and they should have some resemblance to the current control scheme and the action going on on the screen.

I'm terribly inconsistent about hating them. I wanted to punch someone in the mouth for most of the QTEs in Jericho, but thought Ninja Blade was hysterical even though it was 90% QTEs. Haven't played Tomb Raider yet, but I suspect I will like it because horrifying death.

Mostly I don't mind QTEs if they are very quick, one-off things that don't take too long and are hard to fail. Oh and they should have some resemblance to the current control scheme and the action going on on the screen.

You would be incorrect. Even the brutal death scenes can't save QTE's in this game. I think you get about .2 seconds to press the correct button or spear in the face.

Almyn

I have hidden codes for the following.

Legend Of Grimrock

The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb

The Blackwell Deception

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What does QTE mean?
That you're playing a digital version of Simon.

No, that's not a boring or lazy game. QTEs in regular games usually are.

Also, I can't hate a game with Runner's sountrack.

Sajjaja

If someone were to get a copy of Don't Starve from someone who already bought it, would they get TF2 items as well? If so, I wouldn't mind paying $6 for a copy.

nexen

Without co-op, I can't imagine it would be nearly as enjoyable. A lot of the fun for me was laughing about the ridiculous quests (a goofy power metal band shows up in one and plays a song!) with a friend. With the amount of solid loot games that have released in the last year or so, it's hard to send people to this game.

Me, I'm waiting on Grim Dawn.

I just remembered that I haven't played Path of Exile yet.
Will wait on Sacred 2.

Chronoja

Without co-op, I can't imagine it would be nearly as enjoyable. A lot of the fun for me was laughing about the ridiculous quests (a goofy power metal band shows up in one and plays a song!) with a friend. With the amount of solid loot games that have released in the last year or so, it's hard to send people to this game.

Me, I'm waiting on Grim Dawn.

How dare you refer to Blind Guardian as "goofy" (if that's who you were referring to)

Rafy

If someone were to get a copy of Don't Starve from someone who already bought it, would they get TF2 items as well? If so, I wouldn't mind paying $6 for a copy.

Sorry I am holding on to mine so I can trade it with "The Cave" + preorder stuffs in case anybody still has one.

Chronoja

I don't know why anybody would buy this when A Game of Thrones for Crusader Kings 2 exists. It covers both bases, really. You're managing wars and doing heavy roleplaying with the game's robust social options. Bless Cyanide for their boardgame adaptations but they fail at most other things.

:D

Well, 2 reasons easily. 1: Crusader Kings obviously lacks A Song of Ice and Fire branding, so forget commanding dragons and the like. 2: Grand Strategy is infinitely harder to get into for most people than a general R.T.S.
edit: misread the "A game of thrones FOR crusader Kings 2 exists". That does take care of the branding thing

To be fair, Game of Thrones: Genesis has some really neat ideas, it just fails to implement them in compellingly fun ways. Diplomacy for example feels very crucial to the series, but in the game ends up being a slow exchange of envoy units as you send them to villages and hope to scare away any enemy envoys who seek to do the same.

TheNatural

My Member!
I have hidden codes for the following.

Legend Of Grimrock

The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb

The Blackwell Deception

I was going to grab the Grimrock code and put one of my own up I have a duplicate of, but some lurker took it.

Does Valve usually do some sort of Spring sale for games, or is it still just summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom