• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Organ Trail just froze. I was near a landmark through a sandstorm, then suddenly the car jumped back some distance and is stuck there. I can click options etc, but nothing else happens... I clicked stop and it animates the dots indefinitely. This sucks :(

Edit: ok, clicking to go back to main menu then to continue from there fixed it, it reached the landmark.

Another yet minor issue I got was some menu items in town overlapping, the combat training and store iirc.

I just finished a run, all dead, one of them I had to shoot myself. The game is... okay. I don't know if it's an exact copy of Oregon Trail with zombies as I never played that one. It's just some basic resource management and mini games, all randomized. I guess it was ok for a phone game you'd play for 5-10 minutes on a train but otherwise it's lacking.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Wow, I feel like an idiot. I clicked Organ Trail thinking it was Oregon Trail. I didn't realize it until I read: "Organ Trail is a retro zombie survival game."

I did the same thing. I also read your post thinking you were Dice.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
yeah it's super short. I finished it in one sitting with a friend and I can't be with people for too long or else they start noticing I'm not that likeable

speaking of playing games with people, Miasmata of all games makes for an awesome game to play with friends. just trying to chart yourself back to the world and debating over which road to take and whatnot is great. we still haven't found the dreaded monster but imma make it a weekly thing with my friends to do a couple hours of coop Miasmata.
Lucky you. I can't make my friends come home to play some Brütal Legend. The reason I haven't started it yet is because they want to play it too.

Dr Dogg

marked for life

sometimes it works the other way, I played Duke Nukem Forever for like 20 hours on release and Steam says I played it for 2

good guy steam

That's odd I had exactly the same problem with DNF. Even Steam is embarrassed about it. Think I've got 5 mins or so played but seeing the achievements I've obviously played a lot more. Shhhhhh.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
we need a phrase to do a secret exchange with other people to check if they are gaffers lol am I right you guys

like reddit and somethingawful

I vote for "did you shoot yourself in the foot?" hah!
"Yo, watch out on da Summer Seal or ya gonna get Steamrolled, nowymean?"

Momentary

Banned
Today in class I heard people talking about the Binding of Issac. Never expected hearing that in public.

Yeah. I heard some Marines talking about it while I was on deployment. Surprised the hell out of me. After that we had a Steam crew and were trading data around so that we didn't all have to download the same games at one time when we purchased one. We all downloaded different games and just gave each other the ones we didn't have... Since downloading data while in a tent in the middle of the desert isn't exactly fast.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Since downloading data while in a tent in the middle of the desert isn't exactly fast.
Lol... we weren't even allowed phones after some videos were found on the tube and you guys have internet and everything...

We have a La-Mulana related Steam announcement coming this Friday.
Why did I think it was already on Steam... I'm sure I had seen it get greenlit previously...

Ah well, I got it from gog anyway.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Lol... we weren't even allowed phones after some videos were found on the tube and you guys have internet and everything...

Why did I think it was already on Steam... I'm sure I had seen it get greenlit previously...

It's been greenlit, but it's not out yet.

And yeah, sorry that we aren't able to offer Steam codes to GOG purchasers.

KarmaCow

Did Valve break the News feed for updates with the new community features? It's probably been like this for a while but I just noticed that the Updates filters on News page for a game often doesn't return any results. QUBE updated today and I know they've had updates in the past but I can't find what those updates actually did. It's getting kinda annoying when this seems to be the norm.

Nabs

We have a La-Mulana related Steam announcement coming this Friday.

http://www.playism.tv/blog/?p=46

I'm tired of keeping my mouth shut about this.

Nice.

Did Valve break the News feed for updates with the new community features? It's probably been like this for a while but I just noticed that the Updates filters on News page for a game often doesn't return any results. QUBE updated today and I know they've had updates in the past but I can't find what those updates actually did. It's getting kinda annoying when this seems to be the norm.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3096008 I don't think it's broken. Some devs just prefer to post this stuff in the forums for whatever reason.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Update v1.3 is finally here!
This update will NOT delete your save games as previous updates have. Here are the changes:

Changelog v1.3
- Enabled saving to a new save file and transfers any previous save game to the file. (now located in Binares\Win32\SaveGame.bin)
- Enabled XBOX360 controller & Mouse and Keyboard together. (Now there is no need to manually configure the controls)
- Fixed some minor texture issues.
- Added Facebook & Twitter buttons in Extras Menu.

- Added Total Stats in Extras Menu:
- Total Game Time
- Total Moves Taken

- Added a new hidden area in Sector 5.

- Added 5 new achievements:
- 'Behind The Scenes'
- 'BETA Complete Me'
- 'You can't bring them here!'
- 'Over Time!'
- 'Push me to completion'

- Fixed some minor puzzle bugs in sector 5, 6 & 7.
- Fixed a bug in Sector 5 where a green cube would pop out of placement thus leaving the puzzle unsolvable.
- The game can now be played in 64bit by locating steamapps\common\QUBE\Binaries\Win64\QUBE.exe (steam achievements untested in 64bit mode)
- Enhanced the mouse cursor smoothness in the menus.
- Updated the Unreal Engine.

If you initially receive crashing then please execute the following file:
STEAMFOLDER\steamapps\common\QUBE\Binaries\Redist\ UE3Redist.exe

If you have any issues please tell us.

Thanks,

Toxic Games

Joe Molotov

we need a phrase to do a secret exchange with other people to check if they are gaffers lol am I right you guys

like reddit and somethingawful

I vote for "did you shoot yourself in the foot?" hah!

Saoirse Ronan could be our secret code word, as soon as I figure out how to pronounce it.

ShaneB

Jesus christ. All I wanted to do was check out Anno 2070 and it's been patching for ages, and now it's launching uplay and updating this trash. Yeah, I dont even want to play this anymore.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
And yeah, sorry that we aren't able to offer Steam codes to GOG purchasers.

The plan is still to offer them to purchasers of the... uh... what was it? Indie Gala? Build a Bundle? Bundlebutt? Bundle Stars? bundle where you could pay almost nothing and get a bunch of garbage no one was ever going to play + La Mulana, right?

Edit: Google tells me it was Groupees, apparently.

Momentary

Banned

Heh... Being attached to a communications squadron building a network from the ground up has its perks. Plus I also grabbed a local phone with a data SIM card from that area and it was somehow getting a signal out in the middle of nowhere.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So over the past week GAF has given me advice and helped me along the way to dressing up my scout!

Special shout out to JaseC, Vargas, and Zerokku for donating their old items, or even buying me a genuine in Zerokku's case.

Rickenslagger and Dr. Paingloss also gave me some good advice about crafting/trading, completely opened my eyes.

I've been combing my old uniques like mad into refined, trading, and got what I needed.

I have most of the scout weapons now as well, the only ones that I am missing are Crit Cola, Guillotine, Wrap Assassin, Candy Cane, Atomizer, and some promotional ones.

BTgLOS6.png

3D glasses? James Cameron would be proud.

Gamefly's having a thing

ibhZjG9sOykUNd.PNG

JaseC getting Raccoon City in T-minus 5

Nah, I was going to pick it up from GMG when it was on sale a week or two ago and stacked with the discount code, but Steam has a game + DLC bundle, so I'm waiting for a sale on that.

Massively OT but I feel like I've been haunted by JaseC all day. On the bus stop on the way to work this morning there was a poster for a film called The Host staring Saoirse Ronan. "Huh" I thought to myself "so shes not just some b-movie actress no one has ever heard of". Next thing I see is about 4 or 5 buses go past with the same advert. "Ok this is getting a bit weird". But then when I finally get on my bus the free paper that is usual given away on there had, yep you guest it an advert for that flipping film again. To further compound my madness there was a trailer on during the news when I got in. All that needs to happen to get me sectioned is JaseC to pop in here.

I want to live in your world.

Saoirse Ronan could be our secret code word, as soon as I figure out how to pronounce it.

This gets my vote.

Grief.exe

3D glasses? James Cameron would be proud.

Nah, I was going to pick it up from GMG when it was on sale a week or two ago and stacked with the discount code, but Steam has a game + DLC bundle, so I'm waiting for a sale on that.

I want to live in your world.

This gets my vote.

Hey Jase, what do you think about my new set up?

Two Words: Australium Gold

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The plan is still to offer them to purchasers of the... uh... what was it? Indie Gala? Build a Bundle? Bundlebutt? Bundle Stars? bundle where you could pay almost nothing and get a bunch of garbage no one was ever going to play + La Mulana, right?

I assume people that bought it in the Build a Greenlight Bundle will, right?

I'll have to double check on that, but as far as I know, we're only not offering steam codes to those that got it through GOG, purely because of GOG's own policies.

Don't quote me on that, but I believe that is the case.

Salsa

Just finished replaying Bioshock 2. Game aged a shit ton better than Bioshock 1 and besides the story being kinda bleh I very much prefer it to the original in any other way. Doesnt have a stupid ass roided boss at the end either.

the part where you
play as a little sister and see the world through her eyes back and forth
is great

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just finished replaying Bioshock 2. Game aged a shit ton better than Bioshock 1 and besides the story being kinda bleh I very much prefer it to the original in any other way. Doesnt have a stupid ass roided boss at the end either.

the part where you
play as a little sister and see the world through her eyes back and forth
is great

I found the story in BS2 to be better than 1's when I played it last year. Much more gratifying on an emotional level.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Bundlebutt, lol. Yeah, it's in my December Build a Greenlight Bundle. I bought it on GOG as well, but I expect we'll receive a Steam key from the indie bundle based on past Greenlight games. Seems to be standard practice.

Plus this is on the bundle page:

Salsa

I found the story in BS2 to be better than 1's when I played it last year. Much more gratifying on an emotional level.

I think the whole end game (like last third onwards) is miles better and more gratifying, but back when I played Bioshock the idea of being this dude just entering this world and possibly meeting Andrew Ryan was much more interesting to me than being prototype Big Daddy. I also quite liked the twist back then, as silly as it might seem now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom