• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

The hell, that is just as bad as your typical overbloated WoW raider UI.

does WoW have OBI-WAN ACTION CAM!?

j2UF7jOwt15xd.jpg

Salsa

Indeed

also ive been thinking about something but im not sure if it'd be worth it, so i'll just about it prematurely:

should we like, make a specific PC thread for FEZ?

I know that a huge aspect of the game was trying to figure out the puzzles together on GAF and other forums, and that experience is kinda lost now that it is all out there, potentially ruining that whole thing.

Ideally i'd say that I would go try solve the game on my own but it's supposedly hard enough to really benefit from having several people trying to figure it out.

I wonder if making like an outside thread where we just try to recreate that without "cheating" would be possible.

Caerith

Indeed

also ive been thinking about something but im not sure if it'd be worth it, so i'll just about it prematurely:

I know that a huge aspect of the game was trying to figure out the puzzles together on GAF and other forums, and that experience is kinda lost now that it is all out there, potentially ruining that whole thing.

Ideally i'd say that I would go try solve the game on my own but it's supposedly hard enough to really benefit from having several people trying to figure it out.

I wonder if making like an outside thread where we just try to recreate that without "cheating" would be possible.
Well, Dark Souls has two threads, so there is precedent.

Fez PC |OT| Durante something something?

Salsa

I guess it would have to be a certain number of people who commit to play the game and discuss it without looking at any internet solution

maybe it's something that would work better as a private Steam group now that I think about it

i'll get on that closer to release

Dr Dogg

I want to live in your world.
Arggghhhhhhhh. Hahahaha seriously thought they have marketed that film so much I'm half tempted to go see. Doesn't actually look that bad to be honest.

Indeed

That's a corking idea. I'd just love to see the Archimedes moments from lots of you guys experiencing it yourselves. I can't see why it wouldn't be feasible either. There are already story spoiler and spoiler free threads that run alongside OT's.

Edit: Thought thinking about it your suggestion of an outside thread, maybe a private Steam group might be for the best. It would only take one jerk to come in and ruin it all for everybody. It was more than half the fun I had with Fez working it out. Made me feel right cleaver it dids.

Salsa

its kinda baffling that JaseC hasnt played an elf on a LOTR movie considering she already worked with Peter Jackson

I think she was in talks actually

she's a fucking elf already

Ryder

Hey GAF

Long story short. My PC wouldn't start after load. So, after numerous attempts, I decided to reinstall Windows. So, it backed up all my old files (Windows.Old) folder and it has all my Steam games.

The question is, how can I transfer those games back onto steam?

Oh and Origin as well.

Hey GAF

Long story short. My PC wouldn't start after load. So, after numerous attempts, I decided to reinstall Windows. So, it backed up all my old files (Windows.Old) folder and it has all my Steam games.

The question is, how can I transfer those games back onto steam?
Copy your Steamapps folder into the Steam folder. You want the games to go to Steamapps specifically. When you hit install, Steam will check whether the files are there and if so it will complete the "download" almost immediately.

Origin is similar. Copy the games to the "Origin Games" folder and Origin will find the files.

File path: C:/Programfiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps

Origin file path: C:/Programfiles (x86)/Origin Games

chippie

You can just copy paste the steam apps folder into a new steam install and your games will magically work.

Not sure about Origin though, I assume it's a huge pain though :p

Ryder

Copy your Steamapps folder into the Steam folder. You want the games to go to Steamapps specifically. When you hit install, Steam will check whether the files are there and if so it will complete the "download" almost immediately.

Origin is similar. Copy the games to the "Origin Games" folder and Origin will find the files.

ahh cool thanks.

last time i re installed my computer i downloaded all the games again, it was a huge pain in the ass, lol

Salsa

Will the first Bioshock ever be on sale?

I am a peasant, who has yet to play the game.

what's your steam id? i'll gift to you

edit: actually its kinda late here so unless you respond right NOW! im gonna hit the bed and we can do it tomorrow morning. Send me a PM with the id link.

also I played up until Act V of Kentucky Route Zero and yup; I fucking love it.

jsWGz0OgfiAnt.jpg

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
what's your steam id? i'll gift to you

edit: actually its kinda late here so unless you respond right NOW! im gonna hit the bed and we can do it tomorrow morning. Send me a PM with the id link.

also I played up until Act V of Kentucky Route Zero and yup; I fucking love it.

You're a good man!!!

edit: PM'd

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Arggghhhhhhhh. Hahahaha seriously thought they have marketed that film so much I'm half tempted to go see. Doesn't actually look that bad to be honest.

I'll be seeing it as late as possible so there are few if any fangirls to put up with.

its kinda baffling that JaseC hasnt played an elf on a LOTR movie considering she already worked with Peter Jackson

I think she was in talks actually

Yeah, she was offered a supporting role in The Hobbit, but declined, ultimately to star in The Host, Byzantium, and How I Live Now, production on all of which began during The Hobbit's lengthy filming period. /funfact

she's a fucking elf already

Hey.

Shut up.
<3

I should stop buying games, and just wait until they come free with other games.

Speaking of which, my guess is that Half-Life 3's third-tier reward will be the Valve Complete Pack.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
it's a track called STAR WARS METALLICA. It shows up constantly on the Giant Bomb official server

it is pretty rad

jBRuA8kULYLKA.jpg
Dat UI. So rad.

Indeed

Count me in. Let's crack that asshole open.

I think it should be pretty moderated. The last thing we'd want is someone who already finished the game to come by and spoil every mystery.

EDIT: two posts in a row, damn my phone

Happy_birthday.bat!!!

But is it a good game? I saw TotalBiscuit's WTF Is? last night and don't know what to think about it.

If TB said shit about the game i dont care. Its a damn good game and worth the money. 1€ for each hour you play. You will have a great time with it.

JaseC

I thought I bought the St. Patrick's Day bundle when it was repeated recently, but apparently not. :(

JaseC

It's a sin if you don't buy all the indie bundles

Last month I resolved to purchase every indie bundle that includes a Greenlight game, but evidently the SPD bundle slipped through the cracks.

edit: another avatar again?

There's been so much avatar material these past few days; I couldn't help it. :p

oipic

There's been so much avatar material these past few days; I couldn't help it. :p

The new avatar is the most, umm, womanly
and least elf-like
Saoirse avatar we've seen so far, I reckon. Me likey.

On that missing-bundles thing, I did that recently, too - sat down to install Demigod, and realised that, y'know, I hadn't bought that bundle after all... so yeah, no Demigod. Strange empty feeling and bewilderment ensued.

Nillansan

I guess it would have to be a certain number of people who commit to play the game and discuss it without looking at any internet solution

maybe it's something that would work better as a private Steam group now that I think about it

i'll get on that closer to release

I am going into FEZ completely blank, please count me in.

JaseC

The new avatar is the most, umm, womanly
and least elf-like
Saoirse avatar we've seen so far, I reckon. Me likey.

lolsjjvv.jpg

:p

I am going into FEZ completely blank, please count me in.

Yeah, I've read about the game having some sort of twist, and I intend to experience it for myself. I've watched the trailer that's up on the Steam store page, but little else.

FloatOn

It seems I missed the bioshock 2 discussion. Per Salsa's suggestion I started playing it yesterday and I'm enjoying it.

Sofia Lamb is interesting in that she is the exact philosophical opposite of Andrew Ryan. So in playing Bioshock 1 + 2 you basically get the equivalent of reading Atlas Shrugged. Where Andrew Ryan is John Galt and Sofia Lamb is the sum of the looter mob.

I was taken back at how overt the Rand influence was in these games in particular when I stumbled across the audio log for "Ryan vs Lamb". This is where Ryan asserts "A equals A", which is of course the inspiration for my user name.

Also, playing as a Big Daddy is rad. So is being able to use both hands at once.

gdt

So I guess GMG preorders get XCOM now too? Already bought it....haven't started it :(. I guess I'll sell it here somewhere......but I guess it's value is about to plummet with how everyone owns it now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really hope Duke Nukem is a better version of the game than the source port that everyone seems to love. I just want the Duke equivalen of zDoom, something that lets me play the original version as pure as possible, but with modern resolution support.

I really hope Duke Nukem is a better version of the game than the source port that everyone seems to love. I just want the Duke equivalen of zDoom, something that lets me play the original version as pure as possible, but with modern resolution support.

I may be mistaken, but doesn't the sourceport do just this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom