• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

BS2 was pretty good, gameplay wise and story wise for me, now that I'm looking back at it. But Minerva's Den tops both of them, which is fine by me, even including the GFWL hassle of downloading it 4 times to install properly.

derFeef

BS2 was pretty good, gameplay wise and story wise for me, now that I'm looking back at it. But Minerva's Den tops both of them, which is fine by me, even including the GFWL hassle of downloading it 4 times to install properly.

Minerva's Den deserves all praise it can get.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need to start keeping track of what non-Steam games there are in indie bundles, so I know where to look/who to harass if they happen to be greenlit.

Hey Jase, what do you think about my new set up?

Two Words: Australium Gold

Very dapper. :p

Oh my god. I looked into the Abyss that is JaseC's games list.

It looked back.

thanks for xcom JaseC

:)

derFeef

Guys I am drunk and my 30 birthday party is tomorrow, halp.
Stall, Jase, MNC, Nabs, you all cool :)

edit: I forgot Salsa of course.

Salsa

I played Minerva's Den when it came out on a friend's xbox and remember shit about it. I'd get it right now if it wasnt for base price + GFWL hassle

hopefully I can get it for cheap enough to justify that

zkylon

zkylewd
Just finished replaying Bioshock 2. Game aged a shit ton better than Bioshock 1 and besides the story being kinda bleh I very much prefer it to the original in any other way. Doesnt have a stupid ass roided boss at the end either.

the part where you
play as a little sister and see the world through her eyes back and forth
is great
yeah that part totally made my game

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Damn it, dudes. I keep buying games and playing them all at the same time all piecemeal! I like to play one game at a time until I'm done :(

So evidently Torchlight 2 is fucking great!
Hotline Miami is too!
Left 4 Dead 2 is bonkers as always!
Killing Floor is pretty cool also.
And I'm assuming Stalker Clear Skies is going to make me crap myself so I'm saving it for a special occasion.

Wow, though, Hotline Miami is taking it to a dark place I wasn't expecting. I mean, I knew it would be twisted but this shit is seriously whack.
For some reason I was pretty effected by when your character bends over and pukes after killing the tutorial bum

I just thought it would be kind of a dumb action puzzler, but I think I've gotten a good deal more than I bargained for!

Varg

Banned
So over the past week GAF has given me advice and helped me along the way to dressing up my scout!

Special shout out to JaseC, Vargas, and Zerokku for donating their old items, or even buying me a genuine in Zerokku's case.

Rickenslagger and Dr. Paingloss also gave me some good advice about crafting/trading, completely opened my eyes.

I've been combing my old uniques like mad into refined, trading, and got what I needed.

I have most of the scout weapons now as well, the only ones that I am missing are Crit Cola, Guillotine, Wrap Assassin, Candy Cane, Atomizer, and some promotional ones.

BTgLOS6.png

Glad to have helped man. Your scout is looking badass!!!!!!

VALIS

In the client, is there any way to stop getting alerts from a group or do you just have to leave it completely? PC Gamer's 54 alerts a day about CS:GO matches are really getting on me.

This is a long shot and borderline wrong thread but I neeeeeeeed to procure a copy of Don't Starve for a Steam friend if anyone has an extra copy from the deal. Will buy if you want, thanks.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Playing with 3 friends saved Dead Island from being a total bummer overall. A couple of us started the Ryder White DLC and I quit and deleted the game entirely after about 30 minutes of it. Every single flaw from the main game is magnified when you are stuck playing solo. I'm not gonna force myself through that.

I suppose I shouldn't fault them since they are at least including these options, but holy shit can SEGA not afford to spend more than 2 minutes on their UI design?

(not pictured - the fucking cursor turns into a giant Final Fantasy-esque glove. lol)

Lulubop

So, I finally got around to playing Alan Wake this week. I beat the writer today, I'm about an hour into American Nightmare and I think it's a huge improvement over Alan Wake.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So, I finally got around to playing Alan Wake this week. I beat the writer today, I'm about an hour into American Nightmare and I think it's a huge improvement over Alan Wake.

Just wait till you finish it and then tell us if you really think it's an improvement.

Also forests decimate deserts when it comes to locations.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

I liked American Nightmare but I don't agree. The liked the tone, mood, and setting of Alan Wake so much more.

Probably gonna be the next game I buy. Heard its short though.

With the new DLC its twice as long. I completed the normal game in 1 hour... but i searched every part of the map. If you completed both Campaigns you have Speedrun. After that you might have every Achievement.

Salsa

guys more people should be playing Trackmania 2 Stadium

I took some screenshots while playing today and it was pretty..

j0U8YgVarmrHs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom