• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also I thought they were remaking the Korean, The Host (2006) film, then I see this picture on IMDB
The_Host_Poster.jpg

And I'm like looks like Twilight malarkey, then I check the wiki page and read its by Stephenie Meyer then I close all links asap.

I bought the novel with the intention of reading it prior to the film.

I didn't read it. It would seem even Saoirse Ronan can't convince me to read Stephenie Meyer.

Mairu

It was in ref to "they could decimate their competition with one swift stroke by stopping the sale of steam keys from outside their digital storefront.

Steam owns the PC DD market."

Like that is not a option Steam can enforce and getaway with it.

Also I thought they were remaking the Korean, The Host (2006) film, then I see this picture on IMDB
The_Host_Poster.jpg

And I'm like looks like Twilight malarkey, then I check the wiki page and read its by Stephenie Meyer then I close all links asap.

But it's directed by Andrew Niccol ;_;

Gattaca is my favorite movie! But Stephanie Meyer is awful :[

Can't decide whether to get Bioshock Infinite or not - which site has the best deal?

Sanjay

They could totally stop giving away free Steam keys to publishers tomorrow and there is no law anywhere that could prevent them from doing that.

I never said otherwise to that.

But it's directed by Andrew Niccol ;_;

Gattaca is my favorite movie! But Stephanie Meyer is awful :[

I have seen every film Andrew Niccol has directed and what ever he has written too, FUCK FUCK FUCK I have to watch and Believe now.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Why the hell is Bioshock Infinite is getting so goddamn much incentives for purchase?

Is it a bad game? Does 2k put way too much money in it? Do they think it won't reach sell targets?

Because this is pretty intense.

It is working though: I have most of the games (if not all of them) and I'm still wondering if I should buy it.

JaseC

Why the hell is Bioshock Infinite is getting so goddamn much incentives for purchase?

Is it a bad game? Does 2k put way too much money in it? Do they think it won't reach sell targets?

Because this is pretty intense.

It is working though: I have most of the games (if not all of them) and I'm still wondering if I should buy it.

Retailers are tripping over themselves in an attempt to divert the attention away from Steam's XCOM bonus.

LQX

Retailers are tripping over themselves in an attempt to divert the attention away from Steam's XCOM bonus.

The fact so many seem to be offering XCOM makes me think it's 2K's doing more them all these places just giving it away free.

JaseC

The fact so many seem to be offering XCOM makes me think it's 2K's doing more them all these places just giving it away free.

Possibly, but I'd think if 2K were so willing to give XCOM away without pressure, at least one non-Steam retailer would have been offering it from the get-go.

Tizoc

drizzle

Axel Hertz
But your best friend RelaxMx don't have XCom :( ;)

Then you should buy Bioshock Infinite! I hear it comes with X-Com.

The Amazon Deal is the most interesting to me: 30 bucks for 2k games means I can buy the Season Pass for Bioshock Infinite later next month. I don't think i'll bite though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They actually went back and made the character she's cosplaying look more like her.

Kinda crazy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
just got my new computer, and wondering how to bring my backed up steam games across to it. I'd like to move some of them to my SSD, and the rest to the HDD.

Do I just copy them all across to the HDD, let steam find them and check they're all ok, then use something like steam mover to move the ones I want to play across to the SSD? Or can I just copy them into two different folders and steam will still find them? I can set two folders for installation on two drives in steam now.

quoting myself. I just copied my steam folder back to my D: drive (HDD), launched steam and it picked up most of the games immediately. However for some reason, these are not showing up as installed:
- Company of Heroes
- Peggle
- Skyrim
- Spacechem
- Super Meat Boy

Is there anything particular about these games that I need to do to get them to be detected?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
quoting myself. I just copied my steam folder back to my D: drive (HDD), launched steam and it picked up most of the games immediately. However for some reason, these are not showing up as installed:
- Company of Heroes
- Peggle
- Skyrim
- Spacechem
- Super Meat Boy

Is there anything particular about these games that I need to do to get them to be detected?

Try to install them and Steam should find the pre-existing files and then just scan to make sure all files needed are there.

Fantastic game. I'll probably snag the DLC that's on sale.

I think a racing session tonight + a new track for 1.50$ is a suitable reward for completion of Dead Island.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sweet, that means 75% off on the Summer Sale!
Pretty much.

I want it but $15 still seems like a lot.
$10 in a 4 pack.

It seems like a high amount
Damn we are spoiled. Though for me it is a combo of being poor and massive guilt from not playing gifted games enough... or any games.
Sorry to everyone who has gifted me anything ever. I promise it is but one of many things in life I struggle to find motivation for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom