• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I hope Bioshock preload allows you to select the destination drive.

game is like 30 gigs.

I wonder if I should put it on the SSD

the problem I ussually have with that is that later on when I want to make room for other stuff, I dont know how to move it to a regular one.

I mean i'd use the Steam tool but there really should be away to move it from Steam.

also the load times on games specifically are really not that different. Only game that was truly worth installing on the SSD was Battlefield 3.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, for a few minutes this was showing up on the Steam website. Bit odd I think.

DMCA.jpg

And when logged in:
DMCA2.jpg

Was at the url http://steamcommunity.com/dmca/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Lara Croft and the Whatever of Light has local co-op, right? I'm gonna try it with my sister now, I hope it's fun.

Thanks again JaseC!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I need a new second Xbox controller, the generic one I have is having trouble with the analog sticks now. Fortunately I was using the original one and experienced no problems (being the oldest brother has its perks!)

That Lara Croft game is very fun indeed. Very arcadey, with a nice co-op mode. Sadly my sister made me skip all the cutscenes, so I'll have to play it alone if I ever want to watch them (I do).

Salsa

the first episode of the journey down is like a dollar

so, yeah

iqXINYWHsmoxa.PNG

good sales 10/10 would buy again

I didnt buy bit.trip.core because I own it on Wii. Wich is stupid cause now im INCOMPLETE

edit: fuck it bought Core. That was fast

Salsa

How are the other bit.trip games? I have Runner and Beat and they're both really fun.

Core is the hardest, and a lot people dont like because of that (its easy to get frustrated fast) but I enjoyed what I played on Wii.

Void ive never played, looking forward to it

Tomb Raider 2013 is amazing.
Good game? Yes. Amazing? i wouldn't call it that. Potentially amazing? Definitly, with some balls this game could've been a lot better than what we got. Instead it gets (unfairly) classified as an Uncharted clone. Imagine that, Uncharted in comparison to Tomb Rider 2013 is viewed as some sort of groundbraking game.

Now Guardian of Light was an unexpected and high quality turn around for the series.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
To FTL or not to FTL... I think it was cheaper on the devs website a while ago? Or am I mistaken?

Still, I'm not sure I'll like it.

hlhbk

Good game? Yes. Amazing? i wouldn't call it that. Potentially amazing? Definitly, with some balls this game could've been a lot better than what we got. Instead it gets (unfairly) classified as an Uncharted clone. Imagine that, Uncharted in comparison to Tomb Rider 2013 is viewed as some sort of groundbraking game.

Now Guardian of Light was an unexpected and high quality turn around for the series.

Legend, Anniversary, Underworld, and 2013 are all superior to Guardian of Light.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
To FTL or not to FTL... I think it was cheaper on the devs website a while ago? Or am I mistaken?

FTL is really, really fun. There's a lot of silly luck-based events and it is a roguelike so once you die you're fucked, but it's got a ton of replayability and events. And the music, did I mention the music? It's so good.

To FTL! I didn't care about the game but that image that lurks around GAF sold it to me. And this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_bs4qNL1iw

And of course after playing it for a while I ended up liking it quite a bit more!

For those with doubts about Super Hexagon, consider checking this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynuFRNvVcxU

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Resident Evil 6 at 60fps is so fucking nice. I mean, it won't convert anyone who doesn't like the game or its combat but it makes everything so damn smooth and quick. Combat is very responsive. Along with the FOV/Camera tweaks and the QTE Assist option (if i can find the bloody thing, not sure where it is) which I never got to use initially (as the patch came later) I'll probably enjoy this more this time, well relatively since it won't make the shit bits I don't like go away :p

Also, Mercs No Mercy means business. I started a quick game and got absolutely swamped with enemies pronto. It really doesn't mess around in try to kill you.

Now I have to go to sleep and get up for work in 4 hrs, fuck lol

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Resident Evil 6 at 60fps is so fucking nice. I mean, it won't convert anyone who doesn't like the game or its combat but it makes everything so damn smooth and quick. Combat is very responsive. Along with the FOV/Camera tweaks and the QTE Assist option (if i can find the bloody thing, not sure where it is) which I never got to use initially (as the patch came later) I'll probably enjoy this more this time, well relatively since it won't make the shit bits I don't like go away :p

Also, Mercs No Mercy means business. I started a quick game and got absolutely swamped with enemies pronto. It really doesn't mess around in try to kill you.

Now I have to go to sleep and get up for work in 4 hrs, fuck lol

Playing already? Not fair :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom