• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berto

Did Left 4 Dead 2 just had a 13Gb update? I saw now on my downloads section a 13.6GB download, is this right? I have monthly bandwidth cap =(

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Man, paying less than $1.30 for Binding of Isaac? Yes, please!

Getting quite a backlog here. Might pick up Terraria. DEFINITELY going to pick up Super Meat Boy. My oldest daughter loves the flash version.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh thank Gaben! That's a relief, those Witcher 2 updates still haunt me to this day =(

I think with the exception of The Witcher 2 back in the day, it's safe to assume downloads that are in the double digits for a patch are a glitch where it just reads the game size.

VALIS

Is there any joy to be had in Natural Selection 2 at all if I don't like multiplayer? Looks nice, and hey, hybrid RTS/FPS, I can certainly dig that. But if I can't do solo games against AI to get myself up to speed or for times when I don't want to deal with video gamers, it's pretty worthless to me.

If you are on the fence for Don't Starve I say buy it out of Terraria and Minecraft. It is easier to just jump in jump out to this and they keep expanding the game, so if you play a ton now, it will have more things to do at launch. For example I played a ton a week ago, logged in and rain had been added and the night made much longer.

That said it is, clicking, the game. Far more than even Diablo.

You also get 2 copies and tf2 items, it's pretty much a no brainer.

I want to buy your second copy for a friend that would LOVE this game, if anyone has one please let me know.

Is there any joy to be had in Natural Selection 2 at all if I don't like multiplayer? Looks nice, and hey, hybrid RTS/FPS, I can certainly dig that. But if I can't do solo games against AI to get myself up to speed or for times when I don't want to deal with video gamers, it's pretty worthless to me.

You sound like me. I am not an MP type of guy (I buy COD for SP lol) so as much as I want to support the devs behind Natural Selection ot will have to be at $5 or so.

Trying to figure out how 2K can justify giving away XCOM with Infinite. The game is still quite new and hasn't gotten any incredibly great sales yet. By bundling it with infinite pre orders, which must be a tonne because the game is crazy hyped, that's just a huge number of sales potentially lost. Seems mad to me. The only way I can see it working out for them is if they have an expansion on the way and are planning on picking up the slack from day one sales by people who were brought in through this deal. Either that or Infinite is trash and they're sacrificing them to get people in before the bad press comes out. I doubt the latter is true but its probably the greatest pre order incentive we've seen to date.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

The game revolves entirely around team play.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Free base game people weren't thinking of buying = DLC sales they weren't going to consider before

Worms Armageddon in the store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/217200/

FIFTEEN UNITED STATES DOLLARS

Team17 takes the Blizzard pricing principle as far as their little niche can leverage.

KarmaCow

If you are on the fence for Don't Starve I say buy it out of Terraria and Minecraft. It is easier to just jump in jump out to this and they keep expanding the game, so if you play a ton now, it will have more things to do at launch. For example I played a ton a week ago, logged in and rain had been added and the night made much longer.

That said it is, clicking, the game. Far more than even Diablo.

Holding space makes the character seek out and pick up items as well as try to chop/dig/harvest/mine if the appropriate item is equipped.

I'm still very early into the game and it seems to be really resource gathering focused at the moment, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about how easy it is for the game to almost play itself. It cuts down on the tedium of individually clicking on items but if it's that easy to get past it, should it be in the game in the first place? I don't know what the alternative is to that though since there needs to be a way to be selective about picking up items with the limited inventory.

Sober

Free base game people weren't thinking of buying = DLC sales they weren't going to consider before

Worms Armageddon in the store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/217200/

FIFTEEN UNITED STATES DOLLARS

Team17 takes the Blizzard pricing principle as far as their little niche can leverage.
Team17 knows they have to charge a bit more for Worms Armageddon because after this no one will buy any other Worms game because that's all you need.

Salsa

holy shit had to revert back from the W8 skin to default for a bit to install a new update and damn this thing is UGLY

I had forgotten

BioShock PC is the worst port I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Just wow. Fucking shameful.

uh?

it's a good port. Just check the pc tweak wiki for any issue

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just keep playing. Who cares what happens. Just keep playing. You'll see the light eventually.
I made it to sector 3, without any trouble on the way. I was getting low on fuel and decided to raid a pirate ship. I had gotten pretty confident due to the lack of enemies on my journey, and I thought it would be just a simple fight. What a bad idea it was. Managed to destroy it, but lost a crew member in the process. The second one died while trying to repair the oxygen systems, and the pilot died after taking his place.

RIP Kestrel's crew, you will be missed.

xJavonta

Banned
Um what is wrong with it? I had no issues and felt it was the best version by far.
Audio problems (I can't hear a thing in game. Tried all the fixes and nope.)
No dynamic control switching (suppose it could be a nitpick, but it's REALLY fucking annoying when using BPM)
Crashes whenever I change the resolution
Crashes whenever I turn off vsync

This is ridiculous. Shame on 2K/Irrational.

And the second one doesn't even have the OPTION of using a controller, right? Why doesn't a port have the option to use the control scheme the game was designed around?
What issues did you have? I can't remember anything apart from sound issues.
That's my biggest issue. I can live without native res but I'm not playing without sound lol

uh?

it's a good port. Just check the pc tweak wiki for any issue

That was the first thing I did. Didn't work for some reason.

Salsa

No dynamic control switching (suppose it could be a nitpick, but it's REALLY fucking annoying when using BPM)

And the second one doesn't even have the OPTION of using a controller, right? Why doesn't a port have the option to use the control scheme the game was designed around?

for the dynamic control thing: it's a 2007 game, give it a break

are you on AMD? I never had a single crash

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

That's my biggest issue. I can live without native res but I'm not playing without sound lol

That was the first thing I did. Didn't work for some reason.
Have you tried enabling Stereo mix in the sound properties, in Control Panel?

xJavonta

Banned
for the dynamic control thing: it's a 2007 game, give it a break

are you on AMD? I never had a single crash
Yeah that's why I pointed out as a nictpicky thing lol

And yup, a piece of shit 5670. I remember having less problems on my 512mb 9600m though, so unless its a problem with AMD itself it's not my card's power.

They told us that PC users wanted MKB the mostest.
Lol mkb would make total sense to me if I'm playing multi, but the option is always nice.

Anyone know if Infinite has controller support? Or is it not confirmed?

Have you tried enabling Stereo mix in the sound properties, in Control Panel?
Yup. Which is why I'm so shocked. I even tried plugging in a mic to the headset port. Didn't work.

Salsa

They ever fix the slowmo physics?

they're more like choppy than slow-mo. They move at proper speed but it looks as if they jumped every frame or so

kind of a non-issue now

Yeah that's why I pointed out as a nictpicky thing lol

And yup, a piece of shit 5670. I remember having less problems on my 512mb 9600m though, so unless its a problem with AMD itself it's not my card's power.

ive read about crashes on Bio2 and they were all on AMD cards. Looks like it was a driver issue that eventually got fixed, but newer drivers maybe broke it again and now just no one gives a crap with the game being old

just a guess.

Id still say keep digging cause its definetly a solid port

Salsa

can confirm that the atest update to the W8 skin is sexy

ibm7KJ1BlggNbf.PNG

it's also a lot more convenient than the regular client IMO. Has more shortcuts and such.

get it: http://boneyardbrew.deviantart.com/art/Metro-for-Steam-2-9-292419787

edit: oh wtf BF3 shorcut got deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom