• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I don't see Runner 2 in that image. Why is that so?

pre-order incentives working the wrong way

as in: I didnt get it in time and now I kinda dont want to without the TF2 items :p

im still kinda debating it cause I fucking love the first one, but yeah at this point idk

Does it have those drop down menus like the regular skin?

yeah, cant change fundamental stuff like that with skins afaik

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
they're more like choppy than slow-mo. They move at proper speed but it looks as if they jumped every frame or so

kind of a non-issue now

The physics are 30 hz hence the every other frame appearance.

My only problem with Bioshock 1 was the fucking awful FOV. Can't speak for the crashes, but that audio bug sounds really weird.

There is an option on the menu now that switches it to hor+ at least.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
pre-order incentives working the wrong way

as in: I didnt get it in time and now I kinda dont want to without the TF2 items :p

im still kinda debating it cause I fucking love the first one, but yeah at this point idk
I totally understand, I made like 7 bucks selling the shoes that came with it, lol.

I still think you should get it, at least once it's 50% off. GAME IS SO GOOD.

Saying "it can be fixed through the ini" is basically admitting it's not a great port. The options should really be in the game, not sifting through folders and text strings to find them.

Bioshock 1 and 2 also had some really lame inventory/plasmid management when you are using a keyboard. Hey, let's just use keys 1-9 to manage everything!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Saying "it can be fixed through the ini" is basically admitting it's not a great port. The options should really be in the game, not sifting through folders and text strings to find them.

Bioshock 1 and 2 also had some really lame inventory/plasmid management when you are using a keyboard. Hey, let's just use keys 1-9 to manage everything!

Idk, a great port in my book is one that I can run at 2x the framerate and 6x the resoluton and an improved FOV. I don't mind put a little work in to get it their.

Salsa

to a point, because you still find cases where stuff like that is completely inaccessible just for the sake of being dicks

the only bad thing I experienced in terms of bad management was the fact that the plasmids are binded to the function keys. Awful, but to be fair kinda the only way around it

next-prev plasmid worked well enough tho

Plasmids were set to the function keys, which was annoying.

But at least 2K let set ctrl to show a paused inventory screen that let us select whatever we wanted.

hlhbk

Not having the fov is not an indicator of a bad port. Overall its a great port.

iavi

can confirm that the atest update to the W8 skin is sexy

ibm7KJ1BlggNbf.PNG

it's also a lot more convenient than the regular client IMO. Has more shortcuts and such.

get it: http://boneyardbrew.deviantart.com/art/Metro-for-Steam-2-9-292419787

edit: oh wtf BF3 shorcut got deleted

The win8 theme is so ace, Valve should just adopt it as official. It's clean, and intuitive.

Salsa

also there's weirder stuff with Bio2

in one, T was to read journals for example

in 2, by default they move that to L. Effectively putting it too far to reach with your left hand

stupid

it also has "use" on F instead of E

had to change a bunch of stuff

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
I absolutely loved Shatter on PS3. Great game with an even better soundtrack.

With the sale going on I'll gift it to the first 10 or so people that PM me.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Idk, a great port in my book is one that I can run at 2x the framerate and 6x the resoluton and an improved FOV. I don't mind put a little work in to get it their.

Yeah, a game can still be a great port even if it is missing an option I have to tick in a .ini. I greatly appreciate when the option is there, but I joined Team PC even as a youngin knowing full well I'd have to get my hands dirty here and there.

hlhbk

Yeah, a game can still be a great port even if it is missing an option I have to tick in a .ini. I greatly appreciate when the option is there, but I joined Team PC even as a youngin knowing full well I'd have to get my hands dirty here and there.

Exactly. Configuring .ini files comes with the territory.

xJavonta

Banned
Metro For Steam is very different. Obviously with the grid layout in Salsa's screen, no skin will look too different from the default.

I just installed the Metro for Steam skin and it looks vastly different from what toddhunter has installed

Pretty much, but I just find it classy all around.

untitledy7rwe.png

Definitely a lot cleaner than the default Steam skin, removing those diagonal lines makes a world of difference lol

Holding space makes the character seek out and pick up items as well as try to chop/dig/harvest/mine if the appropriate item is equipped.

I'm still very early into the game and it seems to be really resource gathering focused at the moment, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about how easy it is for the game to almost play itself. It cuts down on the tedium of individually clicking on items but if it's that easy to get past it, should it be in the game in the first place? I don't know what the alternative is to that though since there needs to be a way to be selective about picking up items with the limited inventory.

Well there's soo much clicking going on, I can understand someone feeling the need for a little automation. Thanks for the pointing that out, I've got to try it.

Backpacks, stashes, and that monster stash help quite a lot I've found. My problem is I don't see a point to this game, sure you can build a fort and harass pig men via wormholes, but is there some endgame/conspiracy/huge ass monster that I don't know about here? I always just quit playing or get bored and try to melee some tentacle with a spear just to die in order to quit the game.

I'm also really new to this game and playing sandbox, I need to dig deeper.

Salsa

I feel stupid for not checking out the new community home before

it's actually kinda cool/useful now. The artwork is a nice addition

Grief.exe

Is Ace of Spades actually any good? At $5 I might bite...

There is something really bad about that game.

The original developer got fucked somehow and its poorly supported.

I don't have the link right now and I'm headed to bed, I'll dig it up tomorrow. Its an interesting read.

Tomorrow you wake up, check GAF, top thread title grabs you:

Valve announces they're closing shop and Steam will be shut down immediately. No patch will be released for full offline mode.

What do you do.

As a first post let me just say how much I've enjoyed reading everyone's contributions to this forum. Thank god I finally got authenticated.

I only just got my first decent gaming PC so I've been a long time console gamer but haven't been able to delve into the more obscure PC stuff.

That said, with the Indie Sale going on on Steam what are the diamonds in the rough that are must-plays? Someone already turned me on to FTL and I'm hooked but what other indie titles are likely to have slipped under the radar of someone who didn't have an eye on the PC space?

xJavonta

Banned
There is something really bad about that game.

The original developer got fucked somehow and its poorly supported.

I don't have the link right now and I'm headed to bed, I'll dig it up tomorrow. Its an interesting read.

Saved me $5 then lol

Got Super Hexagon for my PC. It's more difficult using a keyboard for me. I'm so used to playing it on my phone that I completely suck at the PC version lol

Salsa

Crazy to see my professor's game (Organ Trail) up on the front page of steam..

We were all telling him he's gonna be making bank.

people you know IRL having games on Steam is so weird for me, being from where I am

gonna be experiencing this with Kingdom Rush soon. Hopefully i'll get some deets on how crazy it truly is from the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom