• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I wonder if I should put it on the SSD

the problem I ussually have with that is that later on when I want to make room for other stuff, I dont know how to move it to a regular one.

I mean i'd use the Steam tool but there really should be away to move it from Steam.

also the load times on games specifically are really not that different. Only game that was truly worth installing on the SSD was Battlefield 3.

If it lets you choose the drive, you should just be able to shut down steam, copy the bioshock folder to your other drive and then restart steam. It'll either pick it up automatically, or just 'install' it to the new drive and it'll check the files (wont need to download anything)

Worked for me moving all my games across from my old computer. No need for steam mover etc.

Just make sure you have both locations set up as installable areas in steam.

FloatOn

Damn that's some good value right there. Only thing I'm missing is Critter Crunch but got that on PS3. I'm with Salsa I'd want some nostalgia with about a bazillion 3.5"'s. Shipping charges alone would be silly money.

I once purchased an 8bit weapon album that came in a gutted 3.5 floppy. The nostalgia is strong with those things.

Salsa

If it lets you choose the drive, you should just be able to shut down steam, copy the bioshock folder to your other drive and then restart steam. It'll either pick it up automatically, or just 'install' it to the new drive and it'll check the files (wont need to download anything)

Worked for me moving all my games across from my old computer. No need for steam mover etc.

Just make sure you have both locations set up as installable areas in steam.

thanks! i'll keep it in mind

Salsa

tumblr_lht28eWzcO1qbvl2io1_500.gif

I dont want the game but Scott Bakula was invoked

Dr Dogg

Because it's bad.

Also this week I went on a huge TNG binge, and I was disappointed to find out that Bridge Commander and Star Trek Legacy are both totally unavailable on Steam/other DD services. :(

The other half did the same. I picked up all 7 seasons due to HMV imploding for £35. Really wanted 25th Anniversary but it's not on Steam or GOG. Seams all there is to scratch that itch is DAC (blehh) and Online.

water1111

Banned
So I started playing Super Hexagon and the game can be summed up like this.

game over, again, game over, again, game over again X100.

The music kicks major ass.

I'm repeating myself from several months ago but I really wish Soundtracks were separate from DLC and separate from the the games period. It's such a shitty lazy system atm and if they made them accessible from Media I'd have bought quite a few OSTs.

I'm Irish so I can help with those tricky Gaelic names: Seer-clk-clk-clk-Яammalammadingdong Ronan.

So I just looked up the pronounciation.

"Sersha"

WTF?

nah, I'll pronounce it like morningbus

he's Irish.

Dr Dogg

I'm repeating myself from several months ago but I really wish Soundtracks were separate from DLC and separate from the the games period. It's such a shitty lazy system atm and if they made them accessible from Media I'd have bought quite a few OSTs

Yeah it is a bit backward. There appears to be no system in place and it's just left up to the devs. Baston went into the extra folder in its directory while Frozen Synapse got bundled in with all the game files. Worse still some have just mp3 files others just flac and more often than not have some of the weirdest file names and tags. Why can't it all be like how The Witcher 2 goes about it and have all soundtracks under the Tools catagory?

Yeah it is a bit backward. There appears to be no system in place and it's just left up to the devs. Baston went into the extra folder in its directory while Frozen Synapse got bundled in with all the game files. Worse still some have just mp3 files others just flac and more often than not have some of the weirdest file names and tags. Why can't it all be like how The Witcher 2 goes about it and have all soundtracks under the Tools catagory?

Well, with The Witcher 2 you still have to download the entire game to access that Bonus Content, don't you? Luckily you can redeem it on GOG and download
that embarrassing Triss Playboy Session[/s] the soundtrack from there.

Salsa

is there still no way to tell a game to launch in big picture mode?

as in, launch it from regular steam library but making it such that when you launch it steam goes into BP automatically

they really should implement that. I want to take screenshots on gamepad games without having to touch the damn keyboard

steam you are silly

Deques

Still need to get Witcher 2.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of the few games that separate the bonus content from the game content too
Binding of Isaac is the worse game that got the soundtrack in the game content. The game itself is around 60mb, but the entire download is more than 500mb.

Dr Dogg

Well, with The Witcher 2 you still have to download the entire game to access that Bonus Content, don't you? Luckily you can redeem it on GOG and download
that embarrassing Triss Playboy Session[/s] the soundtrack from there.
Urgh. Don't remind me. I've only manage an hour of it due to every time I went to launch it I'd get "failed to verify files, downloading updates" and get another 15gb slap in the face. Thank god CDP:R sorted that out.

is there still no way to tell a game to launch in big picture mode?

as in, launch it from regular steam library but making it such that when you launch it steam goes into BP automatically

they really should implement that. I want to take screenshots on gamepad games without having to touch the damn keyboard

steam you are silly

I wish Big Pic Mode would realise I have 2 displays connected and I want desktop mode on one and fisher price my first pc on the other. Lets me target each one individually.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I started playing Super Hexagon and the game can be summed up like this.

game over, again, game over, again, game over again X100.

The music kicks major ass.
Yup, I can't manage to unlock the last 2 stages, it's impossible to reach 60 seconds on any level other than the first.

At least last night I was able to beat my highest score on each of those levels, which is at least something.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Technically, you're right, but she prefers "Sir-sha, like 'intertia'."

There's your fun fact for the day. ;)
How the fuck do you transform the name Saoirse into an abomination like Sirsha?

Or is it actually pronounced Sirdasha, just like Le-a (Ledasha)? After all, the dash don't be silent, yo!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, if JaseC had to decide between losing his Steam account (therefore all the games he bought) or his folder full of Saoirse "Dobby" Ronan, what do you think he would choose?

And how much time would it take him to rebuild his games library as a result?

oipic

I had a few spare moments between real-world commitments, so I thought I'd very quickly check out Shatter (thanks again, Dupy!) - it's now some 70 minutes later. Addictive little morsel, it is, and a very well put together one at that. Good stuff.

Rest assured, it's safe to say that none of your high scores are in any danger.

Oh, and how good is it that games support Steam leaderboards? I love Steam leaderboards - more of them, I say.

EDIT:

Saoirse "Dobby" Ronan

Ha, nice one - this made me laugh (sorry, Jase). This nickname might stick...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
billymadisonimnevercomingbacktoschoolnever.gif

(I tried to make it, but VirtualDub is being difficult.)

Guys, if JaseC had to decide between losing his Steam account (therefore all the games he bought) or his folder full of Saoirse "Dobby" Ronan, what do you think he would choose?

C) Both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom