• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Dungeon and Dragons collection was confirmed on Steam on the announcement video? Dude just confirmed on the Capcom-Unity Stream.

Grief.exe

Holy shit

UdNuDHN.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Listen guys.

Guys.

I know this sounds like a horrible idea but if we play Shadow Over Mystara we are always taking the forest of despair.

This is non-negotiable.

EDIT: JaseC what the fuck

ht01

Thanks you two, When my wife spots just how many games i have got on steam (only really started pc gaming just before xmas), I can use you two as defence. "It could be worse, just look at these purchases from one day"

I just received 4 guest passes to Defiance. The first 4 of you to PM your steam info will get it.

In all of RealityExists kindness I didn't realize the guest pass period was for the next three days. I won't have a lot of time to put it to use so if someone else will PM me your details and I'll happily pass it along to a better home.

Salsa

gotta be fair here: 7extonly beats Jase. By far.

dude is also like a scholar. He buys every single game there is, even full $60 releases, plays them, and writes a recommendation

iRi9UZTlLpKkZ.PNG

having him on your friend list is like improving steam's core features

he's also from Australia so yeah everyone there has steam fever

Isaccard

gotta be fair here: 7extonly beats Jase. By far.

dude is also like a scholar. He buys every single game there is, even full $60 releases, plays them, and writes a recommendation

having him on your friend list is like improving steam's core features

Is he on GAF?

Xelios does a fair amount of recommendation write ups too

Xavin

Neo Member
So i just started playing bit.trip runner which i enjoy more than i thought but it's killing my eyes/head. It seems its a bit blurry when he runs but i take it's because of the monitors response time?

Dr Dogg

When I get to the stage that collecting games on Steam becomes more fun than playing games on Steam I think it will be time to go check in at the clinic. Hang on a sec...

Salsa

What are some of the best graphically intensive games that aren't shooters?

Witcher 2

When I get to the stage that collecting games on Steam becomes more fun than playing games on Steam I think it will be time to go check in at the clinic. Hang on a sec...

I definetly buy some stuff knowing I wont play it right away, making it totally possible for me to wait

but i'll start worrying whenever I start buying straight up BAD games

Blizzard

Banned
What's English Country Tune?
It's a puzzle game, sort of like Sokoban that becomes 3D and takes steroids.

Here is a trailer, but be warned that it ruins the surprise of some of the later mechanics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VFzY4iMyCs

I like the game, though I haven't finished it. I felt like my brain was growing or something when I played it. You finish each level, think "well that was actually pretty easy" and then the next level or area is like WELL HERE IS A CRAZY TWIST AND ALSO IT IS NOW 3D.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So... looking at the hella cheap games... what's the word on

Magical Drop V? Is it fixed up to "good" now or still broke?
Everyday Shooter?
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack?
Adventures of Shuggy?
Tobe's Vertical Adventure?
Delve Deeper?
Ahh-- for the Awesome?
Spectromancer?

...maybe I'll just get Abe's Oddysee in anticipation for the New N' Tasty upgrade...

BTW I recommend anyone who doesn't have it to get Blocks That Matter for $1. Also Noitu Love 2: Devolution is a nice grab at $2.

Blizzard

Banned
Here are a couple of reviews/writeups on English Country Tune:

http://www.edge-online.com/review/english-country-tune-review/

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blo...joy-of-ridiculously-difficult-videogames.html

In particular, I really like the last bit of the New Yorker one (bold is mine):
There’s genuine artfulness and sensitivity in the way its new puzzles are always just beyond your reach; Lavelle shows how spatial ideas can surprise, just like narrative ones.
And there’s even a humor in the game’s austerity.
Who knew, it seems to ask, that your mind could be at home in such strange places?

HoosTrax

Luckily, I'll never have this problem.

I'm an achievement whore, not a collector

The massive pang of guilt whenever my play ratio drops below 66.6% (because, well, double-dipping and bundles) kind of prevents it.

Oh, and agreed on having textonly on your Steam friendslist as being a nice boon, as far as knowing which games are shit before I ever around get to considering buying them.

Salsa

I've not heard a single bad thing about the game other than that the first episode is on the short side.

it's pretty big. I clocked 1 hour but there were many different possibilities and stuff to do.

Like for example the first time I played through it, instead of going to the place I was supposed to, I accidently went back to where the game started.

The game "progressed" (as in, I was in the second act), but it was in a different place, and there were new characters there and a different set of things going on, but I freaked out and restarted.

I think it's meant to be played more than once. I could probably get another hour in there.

I'll wait for the inevitable Humble Bunde/75% discount, but the game seems pretty good.

game will be releasing new eps throughout the whole year, hard for it to drop much before it "ends"

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey guys!

Great news. La-Mulana is now up for preorder on Steam. The official release date is April 15th.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230700/?snr=1_7_15__13

(those that preorder will get the customary 10% off)

We have Big Picture Mode support, cloud saves and language support for English, Japanese, Spanish and Russian in as well.

Wok

What's English Country Tune?

It's a puzzle game, sort of like Sokoban that becomes 3D and takes steroids.

Here is a trailer, but be warned that it ruins the surprise of some of the later mechanics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VFzY4iMyCs

I like the game, though I haven't finished it. I felt like my brain was growing or something when I played it. You finish each level, think "well that was actually pretty easy" and then the next level or area is like WELL HERE IS A CRAZY TWIST AND ALSO IT IS NOW 3D.

Here are a couple of reviews/writeups on English Country Tune:

http://www.edge-online.com/review/english-country-tune-review/

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blo...joy-of-ridiculously-difficult-videogames.html

In particular, I really like the last bit of the New Yorker one (bold is mine):

ECT is the best puzzle game ever conceived. This is the feeling:

I felt like my brain was growing or something when I played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom