• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

ibrO0O85dOFPk1.PNG

I really dun goofed with that 3DS XL purchase. I love it and use it a lot but with the games I bought I spent a huge chunk of my yearly gaming budget already :(

Bumhead

Banned
:O

gonna grab that

edit: oh wow GMG's site is still shit. is it down or something?

It's absolutely all over the place tonight.

I hope it's because the hamster they have powering their connection is out getting my XCOM key for pre-ordering BioShock, but I'm not holding my breath.

Steam redeemable? Oh wait this has GFWL doesn't it? Might bite if I've got something left over in my PayPal account.

Edit: or I would if GMG upgrade that 56k connection of there's.

Steam redeemable yes. I didn't realise it was GFWL though. God damn.

Dr Dogg

Steam redeemable yes. I didn't realise it was GFWL though. God damn.

I didn't really have a problem with GFWL until Arkham City came out. Since then and with another client update it has been eating my saves left, right and centre. Thankfully Dropbox is there to do a job.

Bumhead

Banned
I didn't really have a problem with GFWL until Arkham City came out. Since then and with another client update it has been eating my saves left, right and centre. Thankfully Dropbox is there to do a job.

I had horrible experiences with the PC port of Arkham City. Had so many issues with it, eventually ending up with a game breaking glitch and then a deleted save. I'm blaming GFWL entirely.

At £3 though I think I'm willing to take the risk on the chin.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Check your inboxes. Looks like Bioshock Infinite keys are going out from AMD's Never Settle promo.

(For the two people on GAF who haven't preordered this game yet, I'm selling if you want to buy!)

Dr Dogg

I had horrible experiences with the PC port of Arkham City. Had so many issues with it, eventually ending up with a game breaking glitch and then a deleted save. I'm blaming GFWL entirely.

At £3 though I think I'm willing to take the risk on the chin.

Yeah know what you mean. I spent more on lunch today.

There seams to be a Sega flavour to GMG's weekend deals. Lots of Total War, Binary Domain with all (pointless) dlc for just under £6 and for those who missed it Sonic All Stars Racing is £9.99. And as per usual they've got a 20% off voucher/coupon as well.

Edit. when their useless site works that is. Grrrrrrr.

I really dun goofed with that 3DS XL purchase. I love it and use it a lot but with the games I bought I spent a huge chunk of my yearly gaming budget already :(

Yeah, same here. Got wrapped up in NSMB2 at a demo station and when Club Nintendo put out that promotion to get Mario Land 3D for free when you buy Luigi I was done. Luckily, I came into a gaming PC and I was completely unaware of the deals that can be had in the PC gaming space.

To that end, is Giana Sisters worth the $7.50 it's on for? I'm a platformer nut but platformers are made and broken by their feel.

Salsa

I'll get a 3DS eventually, but yeah after Steam it's gonna be hard to justify paying $50 for a digital release on there

Pokemon only son

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah know what you mean. I spent more on lunch today.

There seams to be a Sega flavour to GMG's weekend deals. Lots of Total War, Binary Domain with all (pointless) dlc for just under £6 and for those who missed it Sonic All Stars Racing is £9.99. And as per usual they've got a 20% off voucher/coupon as well.

Edit. when their useless site works that is. Grrrrrrr.

i thought the 20% off didn't work on games that were discounted? I tried it on sim city and it wouldn't let me use it.

Yeah, same here. Got wrapped up in NSMB2 at a demo station and when Club Nintendo put out that promotion to get Mario Land 3D for free when you buy Luigi I was done. Luckily, I came into a gaming PC and I was completely unaware of the deals that can be had in the PC gaming space.

To that end, is Giana Sisters worth the $7.50 it's on for? I'm a platformer nut but platformers are made and broken by their feel.

You could try the demo ;)

I'll get a 3DS eventually, but yeah after Steam it's gonna be hard to justify paying $50 for a digital release on there

Pokemon only son

I probably won't touch the digital versions of retail games at all when I can get the cart for cheaper, especially a few weeks/months later.

Dr Dogg

i thought the 20% off didn't work on games that were discounted? I tried it on sim city and it wouldn't let me use it.

Some it does some it doesn't. When FM 2013 was 50% off @ £15 last weekend it worked then and I got it for £12. Seeing that's Sega published fingers crossed it's the same this weekend. I'll let you know when their site's back up.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Generally their 20% off code doesn't work on new releases from large publishers. No harm in trying it just to see if you're not sure.

I don't think I've bought a game from GMG that wasn't discounted pre-voucher, and the vouchers have always worked.

Salsa

welp since I cant back Shovel Knight im gonna buy Antichamber, fuck y'all

all that white is gonna be great with my eye floaters. Fuck

I really feel like "You Need a Budget" would be the perfect piece of software for me. Oh man.

sadly not an option here

day 1 digital is the best thing Nintendo could have done for me

Isn't Uruguay one of the few South American PAL countries? I hope you're planning to buy a NTSC system.

Btw: a friend who isn't on GAF called you a "Class A Hater". you're getting famous.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will make up for it

that it will.

Dr Dogg

Well got the tv to myself tonight and really digging Big Pic mode. Is it weird that I prefer XCOM with a 360 pad. Oh well lets see if I can get more that 6 missions in without screwing myself over. Damn you Classic Ironman.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Well got the tv to myself tonight and really digging Big Pic mode. Is it weird that I prefer XCOM with a 360 pad. Oh well lets see if I can get more that 6 missions in without screwing myself over. Damn you Classic Ironman.

I kinda hate the controls on KBAM, feels too claustrophobic. So no, I'd say you're not weird for liking a pad on that.

Dr Dogg

Yep 20% off code working fine and dandy. As Bumhead said Virtua Tennis 4 for £3 and you can get Sonic All Star Racing for £8. Hmmmmm

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Dishonored - The Knife of Dunwall up under "Coming Soon" on Steam. Didn't know anything about it coming, but I haven't been following the OT since I beat the game. The last DLC didn't interest me but I might actually play this one.

The overpriced expansion to Fallen Enchantress is up for pre-order and 50% off for owners of the base game, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom