• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like hotcakes.

XRm.png

All these sales they're missing out on because of shitty GFWL.

Twinduct

Dishonored - The Knife of Dunwall under "Coming Soon" on Steam. Didn't know anything about it coming, but I haven't been following the OT since I beat the game. The last DLC didn't interest me but I might actually play this one.

The overpriced expansion to Fallen Enchantress is up for pre-order and 50% off for owners of the base game, as well.

Thank fuck I'm not the only one salty about the BS stardock is pulling with FE! They've barely added anything to FE and now they announce an expansion with barely a feature list worth spanning a small DLC pack! Not to mention the refusal to supply steam keys for people who bought it via their shitty store front.

So peeved with them.

Salsa,

I just played Super Hexagon for the first time. If I didn't have it and you gifted it to me I would have defriended you. It's torture!! And I can't stop playing :(

Sober

Hu5pamy.png

Sigh 240gb SSD for steam / origin isn't cutting it no more, it actually filled up and I had to delete games off it
If you have a storage HDD, you could always just move it on there. I don't think most games on Steam (indies or games older than 2009) need breakneck SSD speeds anyway.

Salsa

If you have a storage HDD, you could always just move it on there. I don't think most games on Steam (indies or games older than 2009) need breakneck SSD speeds anyway.

it really makes no difference at all on my experience

except for Battlefield 3. Maps load slow as shit on an HDD.

Dr Dogg

it really makes no difference at all on my experience

except for Battlefield 3. Maps load slow as shit on an HDD.

Well I don't know if my SSD is on it's way out but BF3 is a bit faster on a platter drive for me. Then again I have found that Sammy F3's are lighting fast despite being cheap as chips.

Star Trek up for pre-order.

Huh, looks a bit like Mass Effect, well shooty bits at least. Shame there's only only 30 seconds of gameplay in the trail... Hold on? 40 quid? Yeah not happening Bamco.

RedSwirl

The problems with HDDs is that the PC building thread keeps going on about how unreliable they've become ever since some kind of flood fucked up manufacturing in Thailand or something.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Hu5pamy.png

Sigh 240gb SSD for steam / origin isn't cutting it no more, it actually filled up and I had to delete games off it

You only really need to install games that have load times, mostly MMOs benefit from SSDs (in my experience at least).

Salsa

Antichamber is like anarchy Portal

not knowing what are the rules, or even if there are any, makes me try literally everything to solve every puzzle

its kinda nuts, and super great

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Antichamber is like anarchy Portal

not knowing what are the rules, or even if there are any, makes me try literally everything to solve every puzzle

its kinda nuts, and super great

It is. I feel like I'm trying to escape the mind of someone on bath salts, meanwhile the devs are watching me and laughing at me like a lab rat in a maze. Playing it right now and it's cool. I think I'm starting to get a headache but I'm pressing on. Thanks to amrod for the game!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm didn't realise Star Trek was being made by Digital Extremes, I have a soft spot for a lot of their games and they are generally a pretty decent developer. Hopefully they've had the time and money needed to do it right.

40 quid though ? Oooooh Namco...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom