• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

esai

really dont know if i should buy Bioshock Infinite off GMG or Steam. i have bioshock 1 and xcom already. the only 2 games i dont have from the gmg deadl are civ 5 and mafia 2, but have no real interest in them. gmg does have the credit or cashback. hmmm.

edit: chivalry beta appeared in my library. wtf. now i have that and dota 2 beta. i want them gone.

Sober

it really makes no difference at all on my experience

except for Battlefield 3. Maps load slow as shit on an HDD.
The original Battlefield 3 maps were packed wrong or something and DICE refuses to patch them. If you even load any of the maps in any of their DLC ... I have a typical 7200rpm platter but those maps load near INSTANTLY, even the ones that are larger than the vanilla BF3 maps.

Salsa

really dont know if i should buy Bioshock Infinite off GMG or Steam. i have bioshock 1 and xcom already. the only 2 games i dont have from the gmg deadl are civ 5 and mafia 2, but have no real interest in them. gmg does have the credit or cashback. hmmm.

edit: chivalry beta appeared in my library. wtf. now i have that and dota 2 beta. i want them gone.

I can get Infinite from the south american steam store for $45, if it makes your decision any easier

esai

I can get Infinite from the south american steam store for $45, if it makes your decision any easier

well if i go with GMG and get cash back it comes out to $45.99. i think it might come down to whether i sell the tf2 hats for more than the chash back ($14). i could also get credit of $15. hmmm.

iavi

Jesus, SR The Third's port is the buggiest unoptimized mess. On my 7950, I was able to manage a locked 60fps on Sleeping Dogs with all the bells and whistles, and shitloads of AA. I'm only running this in 1680x1050 and the thing still falls down into the 30fps range frequently.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Jesus, SR The Third's port is the buggiest unoptimized mess. On my 7950, I was able to manage a locked 60fps on Sleeping Dogs with all the bells and whistles, and shitloads of AA. I'm only running this in 1680x1050 and the thing still falls down into the 30fps range frequently.

Are you running the DX11 version? The DX9 version is unoptimized asshole rammed onto a giant purple dildo.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So it wasn't my 5850 being underpowered...

Salsa

GMG decided to work. Virtua Tennis 4 bought for $3

edit: Saints Row The Third worked pretty much flawlessly on both my 560ti and my 680

amd gonna amd

Salsa

I just confirmed that the Steam Overlay isnt working half the time, unless im on the Beta

did some digging and the most recent beta patch even mentions this, so yeah

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Which card did you buy? I bought a 7970 and got my bioshock code last week.

Didn't, NVIDIA user. Bought a voucher. Did some research and apparently some batches of codes are just being sent out today, so I won't panic yet.

wilflare

iXw3Dzw9WiQMV.PNG

8SOKmiQ.gif

what's that skin Salsa? is it the... Metro?

Grief.exe

Amazon's pre-order for Bioshock Infinite was updated.

Pre-order from Amazon and get XCOM for free, along with one $30 credit towards 2K games. This can be used towards the season pass, but only after 30 days.

So pre-order from Amazon, get the season pass and XCOM for free.

Alternatively, the credit can be used on Amazon's 2K Mega Pack, which includes Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Borderlands: GOTY, CivCity Rome, Duke Nukem Forever, Mafia II, Civ V, Civ IV, and stronghold collection.

Seems like a pretty solid deal.

UPDATE ON BIOSHOCK INFINITE PRE-ORDER:

FYI we have added XCOM: Enemy Unknown to the Amazon Bioshock Infinite Pre-order offer (Digital). Customers who pre-order Bioshock Infinite will get: A credit good towards the full price of XCOM, usable only on XCOM, in addition to the $30 credit towards more 2K games, when the game launches.

I'm fairly certain that this makes our offer the most compelling in the channel .

Cheers,
Tony

Not for the first 30 days, basically the credit will work on anything except things within a 30 day launch window. Once the 30 day launch window is over I'll add anything that launches in 2013 to the benefit set for the promotion.

I'll be responding from mobile the rest of the day, headed out!

Cheers,
Tony

source: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10587073#post10587073

Grief.exe

Didn't, NVIDIA user. Bought a voucher. Did some research and apparently some batches of codes are just being sent out today, so I won't panic yet.

Some people in the Bioshock thread have been getting them, some are still waiting.

I dipped out of that thread because the game leaked and people are trying to ruin the game for others.

zkylon

zkylewd
the choice to make purchases timed in little inferno is one of the most baffling design decisions ever. I literally buy a bunch of stuff, alt tab, fool around for a while, come back, burn shit up, repeat.

wtf

Metro for Steam (Salsa)
http://boneyardbrew.deviantart.com/art/Metro-for-Steam-2-9-292419787

Steam Metro (what the real cool kids use)
http://fediafedia.deviantart.com/art/Steam-Metro-skin-BETA-6-Update-199316621

And VT4 is $3 with the usual GMG code. So it would be rude not to buy it.
I like some things about your metro but shit like the messages icon are so bad...

might give it a try tho

Salsa

the choice to make purchases timed in little inferno is one of the most baffling design decisions ever. I literally buy a bunch of stuff, alt tab, fool around for a while, come back, burn shit up, repeat.

the whole game is about making good combos for points dude, if you could buy everything instantly you could do a never ending one

Metro for Steam >>>>>>>>>> Steam Metro.

It also does some cool stuff with the custom grid view (some sort of sharpening, colour enhancement, sharp corners on the icons)

That is why the people who use it are cool. Meh to your mass market Bieber like popular skins that everybody likes.

I'll stick to my non-grid view, no steam messages world thank you very much.

zkylon

zkylewd
the whole game is about making good combos for points dude, if you could buy everything instantly you could do a never ending one
not really because you're already limited by $. you could just try shit up full speed non stop but what's so bad about that?

the game has literally like 2 minutes of downtime of doing nothing while waiting for stuff to arrive.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Amazon's pre-order for Bioshock Infinite was updated.

Pre-order from Amazon and get XCOM for free, along with two $30 credits towards 2K games. This can be used towards the season pass, but only after 30 days.

So pre-order from Amazon, get the season pass and XCOM for free, along with another $30 gift pass towards a 2k game.

A lot of times Amazon has a bundle that has Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Civ 5 for around $15.

Seems like a pretty solid deal.

source: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10587073#post10587073

I think you're confused.

You get a free copy of XCOM like you do everywhere else, and ONE $30 2k credit. As you said, the credit you receive can be used on the season pass, but only after 30 days have passed.

HoosTrax

It seems kind of silly that I need to redownload 9GB worth of Company of Heroes just because they changed the MP netcode. I mean, the assets should be unchanged, and that's the bulk of the data I presume.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It seems kind of silly that I need to redownload 9GB worth of Company of Heroes just because they changed the MP netcode. I mean, the assets should be unchanged, and that's the bulk of the data I presume.

The patching system has always been fucked. If you don't play it, it should be uninstalled.

Finally VT4 is on sale, I've been struggling to find anyone to play with. Hopefully numbers go up.

I bought Vikings Battle for Asgard, because why not. It's £2.50. Any tips or suggestions? Should I play it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom