• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

For people that preload does it take anyone else a very long time to unpack the files? Its to the point where I just avoid preloading because most games I could download and play quicker after it unlocks :/

I have 2€ GMG credit left, let's see if SEGA has something good to offer:

NiGHTS into Dreams
Virtua Tennis 4
Hell Yeah! Complete
Viking: Battle for Asgard

Since I already own most. I wish Virtua Tennis 3 was on Steam :/

Edit: I went with HY.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
really how boring would that be? just burn the same stuff over and over again. or burn a billion random stuff to farm coins. who would do that? why do they care? who actually buys little inferno to play with exploits? this is a weird ass indie game, I play it because I like playing it, I just don't like the non-playing part they put in the middle to enforce their no-exploiting policy or whatever.
I assumed the wait times were meant as commentary on our increasingly instant gratification-demanding consumer culture, given the game's themes. (Not saying that was a good decision, just think that was the reasoning.) If it was only there to significantly delay completion of the game, allowing the player to pay past it would be counterintuitive.

It's funny, I only realized I should probably be using the stamps when I hit 89 or so and realized you could only hold 99 (whoops). Think I used most of the downtime to browse the catalog and try to figure out what the next combo could be.

Grief.exe

No predownload of Bioshock for me then, out of SSD space. Why can't you select the temp folder instead of forcing the Steam hard drive...

I have the same issue.

If you copy your Steam .exe and paste it into the folder with Steam Apps in your storage drive. The folder you have set up as a library on your main Steam installation.

Steam will repopulate that folder and create almost a second installation. Theoretically, you should be able to install BioShock there, it should install it to the Steam Apps folder, then it will be detected by your main steam installation.

So copy Steam.exe.
Paste in the folder with SteamApps in it.
Run Steam, pre-load.
My installation is D:/Program Files/Steam (Paste Here)/SteamApps

After BioShock comes out, just delete everything in that folder except for SteamApps.

Damn, I want to install Bioshock Infinite on my SSD and I was given the option when I initially registered my key. At the time, I didn't want to begin the download so I hit cancel to do it some other time. Now, however, I don't have the option to Preload it anywhere other than the default drive.

I'm an idiot the issue is being discussed 2 posts above.

The Panzer Dragoon stage in Sega All-Star Racing Transformed is amazing, that music <3

Hopefully that convinces SEGA to put out all the Panzer Dragoon games on Steam...

Anyway, not really in a hurry but were there any updates on Anodyne and DLC Quest getting dem Steam keys? (The former was for sale via the Humble Store, the latter was featured on an Indie Royale bundle.)

Tizoc

Hopefully that convinces SEGA to put out all the Panzer Dragoon games on Steam...

Anyway, not really in a hurry but were there any updates on Anodyne and DLC Quest getting dem Steam keys? (The former was for sale via the Humble Store, the latter was featured on an Indie Royale bundle.)

Panzer Dragoon games can be voted for over at gog.com to get released there.

Sober

Whoever recommended Viking to you should get punched in the stomach.
Viking probably has some cool moments, but most of the first 30 minutes I played of it were really stiff awkward cutscenes and a lot of pressing B on the controller to open boxes. I thought I was a Viking, not a freckled high school nerd with no muscles.

Viking probably has some cool moments, but most of the first 30 minutes I played of it were really stiff awkward cutscenes and a lot of pressing B on the controller to open boxes. I thought I was a Viking, not a freckled high school nerd with no muscles.

Are we talking about Viking: Battle for Asgard? I played it on the 360 years ago and all I can remember is the fun of ripping off arms and then leaping high in the air and beheading an armless enemy. I had a blast with that game.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wish I could actually play it :/ Always crashing when/before the title screen shows up.

chixdiggit

Amazon's pre-order for Bioshock Infinite was updated.

Pre-order from Amazon and get XCOM for free, along with two $30 credits towards 2K games. This can be used towards the season pass, but only after 30 days.

So pre-order from Amazon, get the season pass and XCOM for free, along with another $30 gift pass towards a 2k game.

A lot of times Amazon has a bundle that has Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Civ 5 for around $15.

Seems like a pretty solid deal.

source: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10587073#post10587073

Bought. Thanks for the heads up, incredible deal. Kind of sad no hats though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I am trying to think of some cool moments and I'm not coming up with anything. The game is devoid of soul/creativity.

Zeth

I played through ~80% of Thomas Was Alone last night and I loved it. Really cool puzzle platforming, and the music is fantastic (imo).

Thanks Dupy for the Shatter gift! I'm jumping into that one today. So many great, cheap, indie/arcade style games I've missed out on in the past 5 or so years during my hiatus from Windows. Trying to catch up. Everyday Shooter is on the list as well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ms. Splosion Man iOS to be out in the next few weeks. I mention it in this thread because the game was announced for iOS at the same time as WP7 and Steam, and some people were wondering if the project fell apart. But obvious it didn't, so I'd assume the PC release is still on track as well.

Nabs

Ms. Splosion Man iOS to be out in the next few weeks. I mention it in this thread because the game was announced for iOS at the same time as WP7 and Steam, and some people were wondering if the project fell apart. But obvious it didn't, so I'd assume the PC release is still on track as well.

Yeah, the steam sub was updated yesterday. I'm kind of surprised by the lack of an announcement.

Grief.exe

Bought. Thanks for the heads up, incredible deal. Kind of sad no hats though.

I forgot to update that post, someone in the Bioshock Infinite OT reminded me that there was only one coupon available now.

Sorry if this effects your purchase, Amazon can always offer you a refund. Still seems like the best deal though.

Here is the updated post. With one $30 coupon, you can either get the Season Pass, or the 2K Mega Pack.

Amazon's pre-order for Bioshock Infinite was updated.

Pre-order from Amazon and get XCOM for free, along with one $30 credit towards 2K games. This can be used towards the season pass, but only after 30 days.

So pre-order from Amazon, get the season pass and XCOM for free.

Alternatively, the credit can be used on Amazon's 2K Mega Pack, which includes Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Borderlands: GOTY, CivCity Rome, Duke Nukem Forever, Mafia II, Civ V, Civ IV, and stronghold collection.

Seems like a pretty solid deal.

UPDATE ON BIOSHOCK INFINITE PRE-ORDER:

FYI we have added XCOM: Enemy Unknown to the Amazon Bioshock Infinite Pre-order offer (Digital). Customers who pre-order Bioshock Infinite will get: A credit good towards the full price of XCOM, usable only on XCOM, in addition to the $30 credit towards more 2K games, when the game launches.

I'm fairly certain that this makes our offer the most compelling in the channel .

Cheers,
Tony

Not for the first 30 days, basically the credit will work on anything except things within a 30 day launch window. Once the 30 day launch window is over I'll add anything that launches in 2013 to the benefit set for the promotion.

I'll be responding from mobile the rest of the day, headed out!

Cheers,
Tony

source: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10587073#post10587073

Sober

I am trying to think of some cool moments and I'm not coming up with anything. The game is devoid of soul/creativity.
Yeah, that's why I said probably, because it was recommended to me by a friend, and even reviews say there are some interesting things, but after 30 minutes of hammer a button to open boxes, I don't think it's actually possible.

Cheddahz

Banned
I wrote a little review for Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed, as this sums up my thoughts while playing it since yesterday

sonicallstar_zpsb7bf8437.png

Grief.exe

I'm not really sure just what happened with DS's port. It seems more like they went out their way to make it as bad as possible. I mean even the lowest of the low support resolution changes (irrespective of correct FOV, aspect ratio etc).

Namco just didn't think they would see a large return on investment.

They gave them extremely limited funding and time.

How wrong they were.

I'm hoping that the sequel is just outsourced to a 3rd party studio like Nixes. Or the new engine they are building is more adaptable for PC gaming.

FloatOn

So I'm trying to play the Defiance beta and it's telling me the login is successful but I'm "not entitled to play".

Really nice Trion, a friend got me the game and I'm using the guest pass but I guess you won't let me use it.

back to bioshock 2...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wish I could actually play it :/ Always crashing when/before the title screen shows up.
Talking about Dark Souls? Try unplugging any controllers or other USB peripherals.

You can plug them back in once the game starts.

Mrbob

I had that problem. I always have this damn problem with GFWL titles. I had to uninstall GFWL and reinstall it. So happy MS is getting rid of that trash.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I had that problem. I always have this damn problem with GFWL titles. I had to uninstall GFWL and reinstall it. So happy MS is getting rid of that trash.

Didn't work for me either. GWFL login is working fine, funny enough.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Is this dark souls freezing problem a widespread issue? Kind of scaring me away from buying it this weekend.

There are, like, 300 different freezing problems with this piece of crap game.

edit: Yes, I'm slightly annoyed right now. I just want to play it, dammit.

Does GAF like Dead Pixels? It looks awesome, and I love Zombies. And pills.

I would say yes. The Mega Man-like faces alone look funny to me :p

Also, Dark Souls had a black screen bug upon start that I never quite solved. My best bet for GFWL games is to have as little shit running in the background as possible and close everything (and I mean everything but the anti-virus) before running it and don't touch it until it loads up.

But, yes, GFWL is a pain in the rear.

I also would like to echo Nights into Dreams. How is it on PC? I'll be happy if it just runs without much hassles. Don't care about bells and whistles although they are more than welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom