• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So it looks like Dust An Elysian Tale is coming to Steam (was announced in a trailer in Noogys presentation), was that in the registry before ?

Grief.exe

So it looks like Dust An Elysian Tale is coming to Steam (was announced in a trailer in Noogys presentation), was that in the registry before ?

It hasn't been in the registry, but he has been alluding to it for a while.

Link to the presentation?

EDIT: I see him on the PAX stream right now http://east.paxsite.com/

EDIT2: Some guy just said, 'first thing I want to say is Dust is one of the best Metroidvania games I've ever played.'
This is why I'm excited for this game coming to Steam.

I would say yes. The Mega Man-like faces alone look funny to me :p

Also, Dark Souls had a black screen bug upon start that I never quite solved. My best bet for GFWL games is to have as little shit running in the background as possible and close everything (and I mean everything but the anti-virus) before running it and don't touch it until it loads up.

But, yes, GFWL is a pain in the rear.

I also would like to echo Nights into Dreams. How is it on PC? I'll be happy if it just runs without much hassles. Don't care about bells and whistles although they are more than welcomed.

Did you happen to have in game AA on and then use Durante's mod?

I never had a single freeze or crash in 150 hours of Dark Souls by the way.

Pretty much everything on my wishlist is DLC, I don't know if that means if I buy too many games or if there's not enough games that interest me on the horizon.

That said, Dishonored's: The Knife of Dunwall is up on the store, out in three weeks. Pretty stoked to play the game from this perspective:

ss_fb15b16579270d2a88f1a5eec444fbf7a29a42b1.1920x1080.jpg

So...I have no idea what to spend my Fallout 3 caps on in-game. I have over 10k now, already got house theme and some upgrades.

Anyway, how does Dishonored play with KB+M?

so yeah Dust coming to steam next month

suffering through the furry art is gonna feel like holding my breath underwater

but ive heard really good things about it. I can deal.

It would be nice if you could disable the portraits. I can handle the in-game stuff but oh gawd what is this.

Camp Lo

Banned
I'm relatively new to Steam so if this is a big negative for them I'm not aware of it but how often are games sold without any available CD keys?

I just bit the bullet on DS and I can't even play it.

Salsa

It seems like a really big deal to you.

uh, I dont know. It bothers me in the same way that I love Killing Floor but those XTREME 90s type of menues make me feel like im testing a beta from an old mod

guess I care about art direction quite a bit

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I want to, it seems right up my alley, sans art, and everyone raved about it.

It's just one aspect of it I dont like.

People are/are going to be dicks about it but there's plenty of people who agree with you. The art direction was a turn off to me too, but I bought and loved the game.

Does Super Hexagon on iOS control any differently? I am loving the game but I can't help but feel it would be infinitely more playable and somehow more "fair" if pressing the left or right cursor key moved you one full segment left or right instead of moving in an analog fashion.

Does Super Hexagon on iOS control any differently? I am loving the game but I can't help but feel it would be infinitely more playable and somehow more "fair" if pressing the left or right cursor key moved you one full segment left or right instead of moving in an analog fashion.

No, it's the same, just with halves of the screen for left/right.

Salsa

Everyone playing Super Hexagon should play on windowed with v-sync off

v-sync gives awful input lag (crucial in this game) and if you play full screen without it you're gonna get some ugly tearing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Everyone playing Super Hexagon should play on windowed with v-sync off

v-sync gives awful input lag (crucial in this game) and if you play full screen without it you're gonna get some ugly tearing.

Just as well nobody in this thread plays games. That was a close one!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering whether I should grab Aliens vs Predator 2010 from GMG for $3. Maybe I shouldn't, I got so many other games and I'll probably never play it.

ArjanN

uh, I dont know. It bothers me in the same way that I love Killing Floor but those XTREME 90s type of menues make me feel like im testing a beta from an old mod

guess I care about art direction quite a bit

I think the actual game characters look good, but the close-ups portraits are pretty bad.

I'm relatively new to Steam so if this is a big negative for them I'm not aware of it but how often are games sold without any available CD keys?

I just bit the bullet on DS and I can't even play it.

Rarely. Basically only happens when there's a sale on a game which has additional DRM (in this case, Dark Souls has Games for Windows Live, so basically everyone is waiting on Microsoft), and it's true for any digital distributor selling games with DRM.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have 2€ GMG credit left, let's see if SEGA has something good to offer:

NiGHTS into Dreams
Virtua Tennis 4
Hell Yeah! Complete
Viking: Battle for Asgard

Since I already own most. I wish Virtua Tennis 3 was on Steam :/

Edit: I went with HY.
Well done, Hell Yeah! is awesome.

Relax.MX

I just started Oblvion for the first time with this mod combo: Oscuro´s Oblivion Overhaul, Unofficial Oblivian Patch, Realistic Leveling, plus other visual mods.

My character is a Dark Elf, Spellsword, and birth in The Lady.

Im 3 hrs in the game, and i have a mix of first impressions but im gonna wait until 10 or 15 hours to give my first conclusion,

Note: I dont understand who to level up XO, im still level 1.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Every time I think of resuming Tomb Raider, I remember that Nvidia screwed the pooch on compute performance, so I just let my animals roam free.

Edit: Has Nixxes patched in SMAA? A rep did say that additional AA options would be explored.

Salsa

yeah it's just really fucking good. I wasnt expecting to be instantly hooked and im not even close to done with the game at 8 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom