• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to do this here but I gotta speak to my PC brethren. I wasnt on GAF when this last gen launched so I am enjoying watching the devoted communities of the Sony and Microsoft begin to dig in for this new generational battle (lol). Especially having a PC with more games than I know what to do with. Feels good man.

Hawk269

Stupid Steam question of the day....

I just reinstalled windows and downloaded a ton of Steam games. When I went to go to the Steam Store to look at Dark Souls, I accidently keyed the wrong date of birth in, so now when I try to look at any "Mature" rated game it says "sorry you can view that right now". How do I fix this?

Stupid Steam question of the day....

I just reinstalled windows and downloaded a ton of Steam games. When I went to go to the Steam Store to look at Dark Souls, I accidently keyed the wrong date of birth in, so now when I try to look at any "Mature" rated game it says "sorry you can view that right now". How do I fix this?

Clear your internet cookies.

Grief.exe

Hate to do this here but I gotta speak to my PC brethren. I wasnt on GAF when this last gen launched so I am enjoying watching the devoted communities of the Sony and Microsoft begin to dig in for this new generational battle (lol). Especially having a PC with more games than I know what to do with. Feels good man.

ib2iGDMQHGAZky.jpg

There are two main differences I see between this generation and the last.

The first is the 360 and PS3 were actually both ahead of their time, the specs on the PS4 are going to be well behind middle range gpus.

And momentum. The PC market has been expanding every year while the console market has been decreasing. Companies, including those that have traditionally not been porting to PC have begun to come over, Microsoft, Konami, and more.

Its a great time to be a PC gamer.

Hawk269

Clear your internet cookies.

Thank you. That did it.

Another question....

I am on Windows 8 now and notice that it won't play video's within Steam when looking at games in the Store. I follow the instructions Steam has, but it still does not run video's. Is there a different player I need to make this work?

Cynar

Thank you. That did it.

Another question....

I am on Windows 8 now and notice that it won't play video's within Steam when looking at games in the Store. I follow the instructions Steam has, but it still does not run video's. Is there a different player I need to make this work?

If you followed the instructions and downloaded the version for Other browsers it should work.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Incase anyone wants a good deal on 2 games....

Selling

Bioshock Infinite Steam key - 40

XCOM Steam key - 13

Both for 45.

wilflare

telling myself...
"I'm not falling for the Bioshock Infinite train"
... but dang that free XCOM

been on SteamGAF is like watching Saoirse Ronan grow up...
we should map a history of JaseC's avatars

MRORANGE

telling myself...
... but dang that free XCOM

been on SteamGAF is like watching Saoirse Ronan grow up...
we should map a history of JaseC's avatars

Here ya go:
I don't have my earliest avatars archived anymore, but my first one was of a sad rabbit, cropped from this (Pixar's "Presto!" short):

TXyv1l.jpg

My second was of Randy (South Park), cropped from a still of him standing outside of Whistlin' Willy's, battered and bruised, and staring into the sky with a gaze of hope (I can't seem to find an image of this, but it's from the episode which features him beating up dads at baseball games).

Next up was a thumbs up from Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks):

hW2yc.jpg

And finally, for about the past year, assorted images of Saoirse Ronan. I'm probably missing one or two, and I think the chronological order may be a little off, but I can recall using:

hHeUc.jpg
cqBWw.jpg
PYiLb.jpg
0nwgS.jpg

9uNMz.jpg
1DQ69.jpg
yM2KP.jpg
tYd9S.jpg

IEwS2.jpg
Kv3jQ.jpg
tuKW3.jpg
7gGXV.jpg

Edit: I never did sport an animated avatar. By time I was working on getting my Twin Peaks-based one in order (Cooper giving the thumbs up as lightning flashes), EviLore pulled the plug.

From last year's thread:

And in the interest of the thread, other SR avatars that I can remember using, ordered by file name:

sronanav18igr8g.jpg
sronanav40xhoxf.jpg
sronanav55iaou1.jpg
sronanav5626oer.jpg

sronanav57zhq66.jpg
sronanav58upr8z.jpg
sronanav61j0qri.jpg
sronanav62ykqvr.jpg

sronanav63rfptw.jpg
sronanav64pqok3.jpg
sronanav66kspev.jpg
sronanav69k9quc.jpg

sronanav70atpo5.jpg
sronanav7214rcn.jpg
sronanav74p2p2l.jpg
sronanav75peqs9.jpg

sronanav77f0r1n.jpg
sronanav79yoslc.jpg

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It's not THAT short though, im at the end and played for about 9 hours

Wha? It took me around 5 hours. I guess it depends on how long it takes you to figure out the puzzles, or if you happen to spend a lot of time on places that you find out don't get you anywhere (easter eggs) maybe.

It's actually beatable under the 90 minutes the clock starts out as (100%ing; there are speedruns ~10 minutes) but I wouldn't expect anyone would get anywhere near that time until a second playthrough. I'm not sure why someone would want to do it all over again anyway, but whatever floats their boat. =p

How long to beat puts it at around 6-7 hours average, so I guess that's not too short. Neat game with quite a few aha moments, but a lot of trial and error and repetition as well, so I was definitely ready for it to end.

Salsa

Wha? It took me around 5 hours. I guess it depends on how long it takes you to figure out the puzzles, or if you happen to spend a lot of time on places that you find out don't get you anywhere (easter eggs) maybe.

It's actually beatable under the 90 minutes the clock starts out as (100%ing; there are speedruns ~10 minutes) but I wouldn't expect anyone would get anywhere near that time until a second playthrough. I'm not sure why someone would want to do it all over again anyway, but whatever floats their boat. =p

How long to beat puts it at around 6-7 hours average, so I guess that's not too short. Neat game, I was definitely ready for it to end though.

I got a bunch of the pink cubes and easter eggs. Mostly just by mistake.

Im at the last puzzle and I dont even wanna do it, im tired. Game certainly overstays its welcome if you go for everything, even if unwillingly.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't looked at the game for ages but installed Left 4 Dead 2 again just to play and shoot the shit with some friends.

After looking at the mods now everytime a Boomer approaches 'Mr Boombastic' plays, whenever I heal someone with a medpack 'Sexual Healing' starts playing and when using the Defib 'Get On Up' starts playing (or you can use Staying Alive if you want)

Yes this really did amuse me greatly and had me giggling for a few hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4O32ZVp43E&feature=share&list=UULFmOtbdKsX-sh7Az1CVO4A

KarmaCow

Haven't looked at the game for ages but installed Left 4 Dead 2 again just to play and shoot the shit with some friends.

After looking at the mods now everytime a Boomer approaches 'Mr Boombastic' plays, whenever I heal someone with a medpack 'Sexual Healing' starts playing and when using the Defib 'Get On Up' starts playing (or you can use Staying Alive if you want)

Yes this really did amuse me greatly and had me giggling for a few hours.

The infected soundpacks are pretty great. It's been a while since I've heard the original sound effects for the special infected. I'm too used to the Smoker being Yoshi or the Tank being the Heavy.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The infected soundpacks are pretty great. It's been a while since I've heard the original sound effects for the special infected. I'm too used to the Smoker being Yoshi or the Tank being the Heavy.

Fantastic :p I also howled with laughter at the Witch sobbing and then 'All By Myself' starts playing as she goes nuts.

Grief.exe

More Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PC rumors

A new entry of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen appeared out of nowhere on the German store of GameStop. According to this listing, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be coming to the PC, though there is no release date as of yet for it.

Source: http://www.gamestop.de/PC/Games/288...top.de/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=dark+arisen
Source:http://www.dsogaming.com/news/germa...ogma-dark-arisen-for-the-pc-capcom-denies-it/

Capcom response:

I wish that were true. Alas, nothing happening on that front at the moment. I'm STILL having conversations with Kobayashi about making that happen to this day (as recently as two days ago in fact).

Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...ma-pc-on-german-gamestop?post_num=3#529986833

EDIT: I went ahead and made a thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=51270621#post51270621

KarmaCow

Has Sega said anything about PSO2 coming to Steam? Sega seems to moving toward PC gaming and I'm guessing Spiral Knights has worked out for them considering the random weekends sales it gets every so often.

Hellix

I had a 'female' pm me for the same. She had a pic of a cute girl in the profile. Basically asked for items from TF2 for free. I laughed. I'm sure quite a few people do gift the items simply due to it being a female.

I use to get friend requests just for TF2 trading too, but I learned to spot them out before accepting their request. All of them have zero friends or groups in common with me AND their only recently played game is TF2.

I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME MOAR

Are there still a good amount of people playing online? Really thinking about getting it before the sale ends.

I just found the best game on the internet. Race against others in real time typing. I feel retarded for just discovering this. I am pwning everyone for the last hour. I felt this would be the most relevant thread to post in I guess.

http://play.typeracer.com/

This is awesome. Definitely bookmarking this.

Varg

Banned
Ya you do have some nice items!

I just got back into TF2 and have been trading all my new stuff to make my scout look as crazy as possible.

Don't just give those away!

Creepy.... I've actually gotten 2 random requests from people who don't have any games on their account except team fortress 2.... I denied both right away but im sure I would have had the same convo if I accepted.

Anyway, finally got around to playing To the moon today. Got about 2 hours in and it definitely isn't the game I expected it to be. I don't want to spoil anything but im about 2 hours into it and I can say its a very touching game. Good story so far and I recommend it to anyone who was on the fence. Think I got it for 2.50 during a sale and it was well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom