• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

I just found the best game on the internet. Race against others in real time typing. I feel retarded for just discovering this. I am pwning everyone for the last hour. I felt this would be the most relevant thread to post in I guess.

http://play.typeracer.com/

e8091bb2cb9f0dcc1afd5a97d276539b.png

If only people still played Nexus Word Wars in SC2 :[

Ugggh, I need this game. I know it was just on sale at one or two places, but I'm not finding anything under $29.99. Did I miss it?

This was posted earlier:

If anyone is regretting not picking up Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed when it was on sale after reading all these good reviews, it's $15 again on Gamefly, + 10% off with the coupon code SLICKSPRING10.

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Sonic--All-Stars-Racing-Transformed/5005262/

I just bought Runner 2 and I'm really debating on picking up Transformed as well. It's either that, or Sleeping Dogs (which is also on sale for $9.99 + 10% off at Gamefly)...or I pick up both...argh! lol.

Grief.exe

Creepy.... I've actually gotten 2 random requests from people who don't have any games on their account except team fortress 2.... I denied both right away but im sure I would have had the same convo if I accepted.

Anyway, finally got around to playing To the moon today. Got about 2 hours in and it definitely isn't the game I expected it to be. I don't want to spoil anything but im about 2 hours into it and I can say its a very touching game. Good story so far and I recommend it to anyone who was on the fence. Think I got it for 2.50 during a sale and it was well worth it.

And we are playing some TF2 right now.

Nice, I just got 121 wpm with 100% accuracy, lol. It's kind f cool that it actually makes you take a test to prove you're legit if you get over 100wpm. I see you on the high scores there Xelios, we're neck and neck although I haven't registered so it doesn't show me up there.

Edit: heh, I just beat the Dvorak_FTW guy in a single race. I honestly didn't realize my typing had hit the 120wpm mark, last time I actually measured it it was closer to 100-105.

zychi

Banned
Someone talk me out of buying the Mass Effect Trilogy off Gamefly for ~$20. I already own 1 and 2, and gave up on 3 about 9 hours in on xbox.

hlhbk

I wish there was a digital version of the premium edition up on Steam. Not only can't I preload now, the game isn't even scheduled to be delivered until Thursday from Amazon. :(

Sajjaja

Someone talk me out of buying the Mass Effect Trilogy off Gamefly for ~$20. I already own 1 and 2, and gave up on 3 about 9 hours in on xbox.

I enjoyed it, I didn't really give a shit what people had to say about it after I played them all. I had fun, and spent a TON of time with 3, mostly the multiplayer (about 100 hours on that alone).

I enjoyed the story for what it was (given I played the extended ending so I don't know anything else) but I don't really look into the details. Gameplay was still fun for me.

Salsa

I had my first """proper""" run of Don't Starve

jtZm500m63rjR.jpg

until I went full-time exploring and became a CRAZY PERSON

iOtoMBa39APR0.PNG

lived for 27 days

ivSaUbDQlgG1O.PNG

winter's a bitch

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just finished Lucid after five hours of total play. Worst part? I was at level 45 of 55 after probably 90 minutes of play and then the difficulty spiked way the fuck up. I only started to play because I wanted to chill out and it was pretty relaxing, but then it just got so so awful. I just felt obligated to finish at that point (because I'm stubborn), otherwise I would've just said fuck it. Seriously, such an awful, unnecessary spike. At least I can uninstall it now. Anyone else ever play it?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I had my first """proper""" run of Don't Starve

until I went full-time exploring and became a CRAZY PERSON

Does the Berry Bush Hat gives you harvestable berries in any decent time frame?

As in, can you use it as a mobile source of food when you're out exploring?

You should've made an meat effigy.

Blizzard

Banned
I haven't played Don't Starve yet, but I never really liked games like Tetris, in which it gets harder and harder until you're guaranteed to lose. I think it would be nice if eventually they add a win condition, so that even if it's difficult, you can still win the game like in Nethack or FTL.

Dr Dogg

Well 1st race of Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed didn't really grab me. I was muttering to myself "Nothing special about this. You can't even hop-jump" until after some perseverance and 8th and thing finaly click. "Well it's better than F1 Race Stars but..." Then the AfterBurner stage comes on. "This is the best thing ever!" I've got the weird compulsion to go rebuy a Saturn again and track down Panzer Dragoon.

Edit: Seeing this weekend is Sega-Love-Weekend I've installed Virtua Tennis 4 and... well I would be playing it if it wasn't for GFWL. Redeem key on Steam, download GFWL client update, enter key in GFWL, error wrong key, reinputs case sensitive key in to GFWL, "ok but you need to patch", exits VT4, GFWL marketplace opens, wants to download patch. Urgh consoles have are less obtuse than this. Bringing back some horrible memories from yesteryear of manual patching and having to source them yourself.

Well this was fun.

http://i.imgur.com/2ER1J7j.png[IMG]

Risen... ha[/QUOTE]

And this is why my profile is now set to private. God Damn Hatconomy!

Lingitiz

Don't Starve is really addicting. Your first few runs will probably be complete failures, but its really gratifying to get further and further each time.

Salsa

I haven't played Don't Starve yet, but I never really liked games like Tetris, in which it gets harder and harder until you're guaranteed to lose. I think it would be nice if eventually they add a win condition, so that even if it's difficult, you can still win the game like in Nethack or FTL.

you can win

you have to collect 5 pieces scattered throughout the world to build a machine to get to the next "world"

it never ends per se, but getting those pieces while surviving is challenge enough

Wok

Just finished Lucid after five hours of total play. Worst part? I was at level 45 of 55 after probably 90 minutes of play and then the difficulty spiked way the fuck up. I only started to play because I wanted to chill out and it was pretty relaxing, but then it just got so so awful. I just felt obligated to finish at that point (because I'm stubborn), otherwise I would've just said fuck it. Seriously, such an awful, unnecessary spike. At least I can uninstall it now. Anyone else ever play it?

It took me the same time to finish this game, and it is not worth it: it feels like playing the exact same puzzle again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom