• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont Starve is a good game. But one problem i had with the first few patches was that you could survive forever with a good made camp. With the later patches it gets harder and harder and this is something that makes the game better.

MNC

You know what is an amazing multiplayer game? Trials Evolution. Start up some local co-op and just do Supercross - Some of the most amazing fun I've had in a game, so much laughs were had! Definitely going to pick it up

Flunkie

Banned
You know what is an amazing multiplayer game? Trials Evolution. Start up some local co-op and just do Supercross - Some of the most amazing fun I've had in a game, so much laughs were had! Definitely going to pick it up

but.. uPlay friends only?

Dr Dogg

Oh and if anybody is getting Virtua Tennis 4 for achievement whoring, avoid like the plague. Buggiest title I have ever encountered. Achievements either don't stick and relock or unlock in the GFWL client but don't get pushed to your online account.

Still quite fun though, even if the series has moved very little onwards since 2. Steamworks has to be a must for when 5 or 2013 comes out.

Never posted here before, hope random crud is allowed.

Now up to 325 games on Steam according to my profile. Something is very, very wrong with me.

Also, the new Steam interface, so to speak, not all that new, but new. The one where there's a tab for my profile name new. My Steam skins don't like it. I happen to wonder if I can find any nice skins to work with the latest version of Steam without any problems. Because I've been looking today and haven't found a single one.

Getting so frustrated with how long all of my favourite games on Steam Greenlight are taking to get Greenlighted, I'm actually thinking of quitting Steam for a few months and becoming a handheld gamer. Maybe when I come back I'll finally discover some shiny new games on Steam I actually care about.

Sini

Also, the new Steam interface, so to speak, not all that new, but new. The one where there's a tab for my profile name new. My Steam skins don't like it. I happen to wonder if I can find any nice skins to work with the latest version of Steam without any problems. Because I've been looking today and haven't found a single one.
Pixelvision skin Looks pretty good and it's updated.

kami_sama

Now up to 325 games on Steam according to my profile. Something is very, very wrong with me.

Getting so frustrated with how long all of my favourite games on Steam Greenlight are taking to get Greenlighted, I'm actually thinking of quitting Steam for a few months and becoming a handheld gamer. Maybe when I come back I'll finally discover some shiny new games on Steam I actually care about.

325? That's nothing :p I have 673.

MasLegio

Banned
Well this was fun.

2ER1J7j.png

Risen... ha

lol, that dude added me as well just the other day

have now ignored the friend request because of your post

lexi

Banned
I haven't played TF2 'properly' in years and yet still seem to get people asking me for items. How the hell do I have stuff they want?

Well this was fun.

2ER1J7j.png

Risen... ha

This used to happen to me all the time, but then I changed my profile heading thing:

E45Oiri.png

For the people who have Don't Starve, I'm wondering what sort of game it is. Is it a permadeath, no end-game sort of thing; and does it sit up there on the coolest-games-ever shelf along with Binding of Isaac and FTL?

Metro for Steam works fine for me.
http://metroforsteam.com/

So I only just loaded up Flatout Ultimate Carnage from when it was on sale and the GFWL key they gave me is invalid. Is it too late for me to contact support and ask them for a new one?

Metro for Steam works fine for me.
http://metroforsteam.com/
Wow, that's nice. I like that.

I'm a little confused on how to get the color changing tool titled "settings" by "SoapyHandSocks" to work.

I changed the color with it multiple times. And also restarted Steam multiple times. But it hasn't yet worked. I also put it in the Metro for Steam folder and it still didn't work. Is there anything specific I need to do in order to get it to work? I really want to get this accent color thing working.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This used to happen to me all the time, but then I changed my profile heading thing:

E45Oiri.png

For the people who have Don't Starve, I'm wondering what sort of game it is. Is it a permadeath, no end-game sort of thing; and does it sit up there on the coolest-games-ever shelf along with Binding of Isaac and FTL?

Internet serious business and all that :p

Wow, that's nice. I like that.

I'm a little confused on how to get the color changing tool titled "settings" by "SoapyHandSocks" to work.

I changed the color with it multiple times. And also restarted Steam multiple times. But it hasn't yet worked. I also put it in the Metro for Steam folder and it still didn't work. Is there anything specific I need to do in order to get it to work? I really want to get this accent color thing working.

The app produces a custom.styles file, which has to replace the custom.styles file in the skin folder.

I'm on the same boat: 387 games, jeez. But quitting is the worst right now because it's less people supporting the japanese indie scene! If anything, shows how devious the whole Steam is because you have to keep converting people. Popes of Steam I say :p It is frustrating, no denying and unless they announce something for this week, this indie sale means there will be no pick ups this month and that's, well, not good. We are still waiting for our stuff in there, I'm still waiting for Oniken and a couple other games that should've passed ages ago.

What I do sometimes is play DRM free stuff: get to GOG, buy doujin games from a japanese guy who sells them overseas and such. Recently I got some swag from when BitSummit took place so I'm more than busy with that, heh.

On Steam, I'm just trying to get done with Spec Ops The Line. Been delaying that one a lot.

I was gifted a copy of Don't Starve. Do I still get the TF2 items? I can't find them if I do, but I thought that I read previously that I'd also get them.

For everyone who bought Kenshi from Gamersgate (IndieFort Bundle) : Sign up for Steam Beta. Update Steam to Steam beta. Activate your Kenshi code from Gamersgate. Have Fun. And if you dont wanna use the Steam Beta just deactivate it after activating your code.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Afterfall: Insanity starts decently but damn does it fall off the quality cliff. The devs were way too ambitious and it's almost painful to watch some of the sequences play out. The translation and voice acting are hilarious too.

I wouldn't really recommend it at any price.

I really know nothing about the tf2 items that I own as I never have seriously played it. I was just holding on to them until they opened up the market to everything and then I'll just dump them.

Joe Molotov

For everyone who bought Kenshi from Gamersgate (IndieFort Bundle) : Sign up for Steam Beta. Update Steam to Steam beta. Activate your Kenshi code from Gamersgate. Have Fun. And if you dont wanna use the Steam Beta just deactivate it after activating your code.

Nice, I saw the update in the Beta for "very long CD-Keys", I guess this was what it was referring to.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

Nice, I saw the update in the Beta for "very long CD-Keys", I guess this was what it was referring to.

Thanks for the heads up guys. My god, that's a freaking long CD Key. Downloading now, as I totally forgot that I even bought that bundle, heh.

Acidote

Mr. Davo gave me a Super Meat Boy key a long time ago. In that spirit, I'm giving the following humblebundle leftover keys to gaf in return. MP for it, FIFO.

Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC Steam key
Titan Quest Steam Key
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Steam Key
Splice Steam Key
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key

sulc84

Banned
Mr. Davo gave me a Super Meat Boy key a long time ago. In that spirit, I'm giving the following humblebundle leftover keys to gaf in return. MP for it, FIFO.

Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC Steam key
Titan Quest Steam Key
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Steam Key
Splice Steam Key
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Steam Key ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

E45Oiri.png

I just ignore friend requests if Steam reports that we've no friends/groups in common or I otherwise don't recognise the person, and I don't get a lot of them... no more than a few per month, I'd say. It also helps that my inventory is friends-only rather than public.

Nillansan

I played through Zeno Clash last night. One sitting.

I can't believe I held off playing it for this long. The combat mechanics are deep. The controls feel very responsive (I just wish that they had patched in native controller support). I love the atmosphere and the art direction.

I can't wait for the open world sequel.

Blizzard

Banned
you can win

you have to collect 5 pieces scattered throughout the world to build a machine to get to the next "world"

it never ends per se, but getting those pieces while surviving is challenge enough
Is the new "world" reset so you have to collect resources, build a camp all over again, etc.? If so that sounds reasonable, since getting the pieces while surviving would probably be plenty difficult for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom