• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

How's the emulation on this one? I'd love me some In The Hunt
Just bought it and it's pretty spot on. Two problems though is you need to go into the options to enable controller support, as well as reassign the buttons which are crazy, and you have to do that for every game. It's worth it though because it's a great collection of games, even if some are totally ripping off more popular arcade titles.

didamangi

How's the emulation on this one? I'd love me some In The Hunt

Like Aaron said it's pretty good except for the poor audio quality and no save state xD

Here are some screens:
bKGj7.jpg
7js8j.png

xX0Ng.jpg
OegWK.jpg

For $2 I think it's a really great deal. There are some great shooters on this collection and an awesome beat em up.

Aaron

I've only had it for a little while, so not enough to know about serious problems. Audio quality varies. Some sound like the original, some are like glass being driven into your ear. Most sound just a little off.

atomico

Like Aaron said it's pretty good except for the poor audio quality and no save state xD

Here are some screens:

For $2 I think it's a really great deal. There are some great shooters on this collection and an awesome beat em up.

I'll buy when I get home. Can't seem to remember my GMG password :p

didamangi

Do I need to download capsule in order to play the IREM Arcade Hits?

Yes, but the game is DRM free and there's a way to keep a copy of the installer so you don't have to use Capsule ever again.

- Download the game from Capsule but don't install it.
- Open the download folder for Capsule (check in Capsule settings for it's location)
- Extract the fullgame.zip that's on the game folder there and you'll get the DRM free installer.

rybrad

If I have a bunch of copies of DOTA 2 in my inventory is that the actual game and not the spectator thing? If so, I have six of these things if someone doesn't have an invite yet.

Blizzard

Banned
I liked PvZ but it was really easy. There just comes a point where TD isn't exciting anymore-- and after playing the best, I'd rather skip the rest.
I thought some of the later/challenge Plants vs Zombies levels were fairly difficult or stressful.

I have probably always considered myself someone who is not a fan of tower defense games, but the three I do like are:

1. Plants vs Zombies -- humorous, polished, creative, perhaps the least "standard" tower defense game.

2. Orcs Must Die -- also humorous but in a different style, unique in that it was the first FPS-style tower defense game I played, clean controls and interface. I didn't finish it so I can't speak as to whether it gets boring.

3. Defense Grid -- the most traditional tower defense of the three, I still found it surprisingly engrossing with the story, the polish, the slowly ramped up towers, the options you have, and the entertaining Portal free DLC.

Now of course, different people enjoy different types of games. Some people might prefer Call of Duty, or sports games, and I don't play those even though they may be polished, high-quality games. Likewise tower defense probably appeal to people who like the gradual unlocks and the puzzle gameplay, even though it can get complicated in Defense Grid. Humor and style are probably personal things -- some people may love one game because of it, and others might be turned off. I would say the list I put above is from most to least accessible, but even Defense Grid is still quite accessible on the starting levels.

If someone really wants to try a puzzle game that is like doing work, check out SpaceChem. It's like doing VLSI chip layout in game form. :D

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
how do you guys feel about anomaly war zone, the reverse TD game? i was a big fan of that one + the online TD game with all the gems... forgot what that was called.

If I have a bunch of copies of DOTA 2 in my inventory is that the actual game and not the spectator thing? If so, I have six of these things if someone doesn't have an invite yet.

mind shooting me one my way? :D

Yes, but the game is DRM free and there's a way to keep a copy of the installer so you don't have to use Capsule ever again.

- Download the game from Capsule but don't install it.
- Open the download folder for Capsule (check in Capsule settings for it's location)
- Extract the fullgame.zip that's on the game folder there and you'll get the DRM free installer.

Thanks a bunch bro, I'll buy it then! :)

Nolan North is in every game and comic based cartoon ever. It's pretty annoying at this point.

It has gotten to a point where I literally can't take games with Nolan North as the main character seriously anymore. It just takes me out of the experience entierely.

Caerith

I thought some of the later/challenge Plants vs Zombies levels were fairly difficult or stressful.

I have probably always considered myself someone who is not a fan of tower defense games, but the three I do like are:

1. Plants vs Zombies -- humorous, polished, creative, perhaps the least "standard" tower defense game.

2. Orcs Must Die -- also humorous but in a different style, unique in that it was the first FPS-style tower defense game I played, clean controls and interface. I didn't finish it so I can't speak as to whether it gets boring.

3. Defense Grid -- the most traditional tower defense of the three, I still found it surprisingly engrossing with the story, the polish, the slowly ramped up towers, the options you have, and the entertaining Portal free DLC.
Those are pretty much my top three TD games as well, in reverse order. I think those three pretty much cover everything you could possibly do with tower defense, short of making a TD MMO or something.

Still have some copies of The Cave for $10 each, a few have requested it but not heard back.
It's a Pre-Order Steam gift and includes the TF2 items, which you can sell when the game is released.

Plants vs Zombies is amazing by the way, the soundtrack make me want to play it all night long.
It is really easy though as stated so far, but I guess I still have a long way to go. Pretty much one of the very few tower games i like.

Tizoc

Didn't know GMG has a client. So if I want to play a game I bought from them I need to have their Capsule client installed and only then will I be able to play the game?

Isaccard

Still have some copies of The Cave for $10 each, a few have requested it but not heard back.
It's a Pre-Order Steam gift and includes the TF2 items, which you can sell when the game is released.

Plants vs Zombies is amazing by the way, the soundtrack make me want to play it all night long.
It is really easy though as stated so far, but I guess I still have a long way to go. Pretty much one of the very few tower games i like.

Might be interested if you can sell me on it :eek:

Tesseract

Banned
Didn't know GMG has a client. So if I want to play a game I bought from them I need to have their Capsule client installed and only then will I be able to play the game?

nah, only if it ain't a steam game, and even then i think it's optional.

Kurdel

Banned
What was that 900mb Sleeping Dogs update?

People on the boards that boughthe DLC are saying the download was small,per, like 300mb.

I hope they did not just force all users to download the DLC via a patch...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What was that 900mb Sleeping Dogs update?

People on the boards that boughthe DLC are saying the download was small,per, like 300mb.

I hope they did not just force all users to download the DLC via a patch...
Mine is 387MB, strange. And I only have the Nightmare on whatever DLC, not the kung-fu fighting one. I'll wait till the latter is 91% off before grabbing it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom