• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Bah. Pip boy is only worth $2
Just post it for the price you think it's worth and the market will probably get there at one point and it will sell. There are a finite number of genuines but the market just got flooded. Unless you are desperate for quick cash, there are no downsides to letting an item sit.

NightSky finished, took me 2h.

Game is utter garbage and boring doesn't even begin to describe it. When it's not easy as shitting your pants it's extremely tedious with some of the wonkiest physics and worst controls. The only 2 decent levels are in the penultimate world (those with the slippery floor). Avoid like the plague.

Added to "Shit" category.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Game is utter garbage and boring doesn't even begin to describe it. When it's not easy as shitting your pants it's extremely tedious with some of the wonkiest physics and worst controls. The only 2 decent levels are in the penultimate world (those with the slippery floor). Avoid like the plague.

Glad I didn't bother finishing it.

You Don't Know Jack (STEAM) for $2.99 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AYZMZ8Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Don't know if this version is any good but it's only a few bucks so i didn't really care.

EDIT: For some reason I had to restart Steam after activating it before it showed up in my library. Steam is really buggy lately.

EDIT2: Amazon says the game is 78 MB but Steam is downloading 3GB. wat
Thanks for this. It said it was unavailable last night and I forgot about it.

Yeah steam did that not show up in my library thing the other day when I bought something from the client. Was strange.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Don't know if this version is any good but it's only a few bucks so i didn't really care.

EDIT: For some reason I had to restart Steam after activating it before it showed up in my library. Steam is really buggy lately.

As Nabs pointed out yesterday, this PC port has no online and is limited to 2 players only.

The XBLA version had online and supported up to 4 players.

Edit: which would make the screenshots on the Amazon page pretty deceptive, as it shows 4 players.

HoosTrax

I normally give Humble Bundle games the benefit of the doubt as they tend to have a better selection than the other copycat bundles, but you occasionally end up with real stinkers like this game, Shank, Hammerfight, and And Yet It Moves.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Says my account doesn't meet the criteria for Steam market, weird, I'm sure I've bought a ton of games since years ago, using Steam since the beta... Maybe cos it was converted to press account at one time, I guess. Oh well, I suppose it would be unfair to sell freebies but now I can't sell stuff I've purchased either, they should have been able to distinguish between those cases.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Says my account doesn't meet the criteria for Steam market, weird, I'm sure I've bought a ton of games since years ago, using Steam since the beta... Maybe cos it was converted to press account at one time, I guess. Oh well, I suppose it would be unfair to sell freebies but now I can't sell stuff I've purchased either, they should have been able to distinguish between those cases.

Do you have SteamGuard enabled?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nah I loved the game but the controls are clonky..try with a controller if you have one. Game is good though!
I think they still haven't fix it/put the option to turn off mouse smoothing. You could try the fix shown here.

I finished it with K&M months ago, after playing it awhile I got used to the floaty mouse aim but if you have a controller I suggest just play it with that.
You're better off playing it with a controller, but KBM is serviceable.
Thanks guys, but I'm worse than terrible when aiming with DA. I don't know how anyone can aim properly with a controller, I totally suck.

Symphonic

Short comings aside, this game is excellent. Great fun to sit down and play with a girlfriend or friend.

graywolf323

I do have to give the You Don't Know Jack twitter person some credit for being a masterful troll: https://twitter.com/youdontknowjack/status/35787007716360192

Q: @youdontknowjack If price is the sole reason the game only supports TWO LOCAL PLAYERS, why not just up the price a bit and give it four?

A: @Chronomaster Aren't most PC players too fat to fit more than two at a keyboard?

they really should have had online play for PC

Tizoc

Hmm grab Chivlary now for $10....or wait for it to go for $7.50 during the summer sale...
I'll grab fairytale instead

Tizoc

^Steam sale has spoiled many of us young padawan.

Before I forget, if anyone has Red Faction Armageddon but doesn't have the DLC, first person to quote to this post gets the code...which I'm pretty sure I hasn't been used up yet >_>;

r3n4ud

^Steam sale has spoiled many of us young padawan.

Before I forget, if anyone has Red Faction Armageddon but doesn't have the DLC, first person to quote to this post gets the code...which I'm pretty sure I hasn't been used up yet >_>;

If no one wants it, I'll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom