• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's a tower defense game in disguise which both you and Stall like.
Or is it a first person shooter masquerading as a tower defense, to show all other indie developers that the key to game development is making a compelling game and never by following fads?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I want to develop a Tower Defense game where you try to protect yourself from the onslaught of Tower Defense games.

There is no way to win.
Cubemen is more about real time tactics than tower defense. There aren't enough strategy games coming out these days to be snobby about them.

esai

anyone getting a sleeping dos download today? 971.2MB. aslo, sis anyone else have offspring fling added to their library? i turned my pc on the other day and it started downloading by itself and i dont remember ever paying for it.

HoosTrax

anyone getting a sleeping dos download today? 971.2MB. aslo, sis anyone else have offspring fling added to their library? i turned my pc on the other day and it started downloading by itself and i dont remember ever paying for it.
Did you buy Humble Bundle 7?

Wok

I have sold all my marketable items for TF2. Amazing how well crates are sold.

HF6sR.png

Wok

How much were you selling the crates for?

The minimum (you can see how much money I have earned on the right side of the screen capture). I still don't understand how it worked out, but people have managed to find and buy my good old crates (serie #2X).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The minimum (you can see how much money I have earned on the right side of the screen capture). I still don't understand how it worked out, but people have managed to find and buy my good old crates (serie #2X).

I'm putting up all my crates for the minimum price as well and they're all going.

I relisted some of my older ones for 5 cents and they sold as well.

I don't bother enough to do the reserach. I'm just happy people bought them.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
This is strange: why would people pay more than the ask price?

Well, they were listed at stupid prices, like 5 bucks each

I listed all the "new" boxes I got for 2 cents and they sold immediately.

I re-listed some of the old ridiculously priced box (series 1-20 mostly) for 5-6 cents and they sold immediately as well.

I probably could have charged a little more for them, but as I said, fuck research.

Well, tried Dark Souls without dsfix. It looks terrible. With the mod, it's like night and day. Book of the Guilty has quite a bit of hackers with max stats at sl 1 or nearly max stats at a low sl.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Are there any significant differences in Jet Grind Radio between DC and PC?

1) It is on PC.

2) Runs at a significantly higher resolution.

3) Native widescreen support.

4) Runs at a constant 30fps.

5) Can be acquired for small money.

6) You can import jpeg and pngs using a tool a nice Gaffer made.

Blizzard

Banned
Is there any way to see a list of your Steam friends who own a game, even if they haven't played it? The store page shows like 6 friends, and clicking on the link shows everyone who has played it, but I want a full list so I can invite people who own a game but HAVEN'T yet played it.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Is there any way to see a list of your Steam friends who own a game, even if they haven't played it? The store page shows like 6 friends, and clicking on the link shows everyone who has played it, but I want a full list so I can invite people who own a game but HAVEN'T yet played it.
Clicking on the link will show all friends who own the game even if they haven't played it. Their total playtime will just be 0 hours.

Sarcasm

what game?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Binary Domain, after 2 days (9 hours and change) of playing. Here's a micro-review, which I posted 10 minutes ago in the Backlog Blitz thread:

I finally decided to play this game. And it was a good decision, it was 9 hours full of action, robots and weapons. And dialogue scenes where your character moves at a snail's pace and you have to listen to all the stupid stuff the other characters say. And terrible mouse controls, I found it kinda hard to shoot exactly where I wanted -this game should seriously take lessons with Max Payne 3-. Don't even get me started on the awful cover system, which more often than not left me right in the open, taking fire from every side. All in all, it's a fun game, but not a very competent shooter. It isn't too hard either: playing in Normal I must have died less than 10 times in the whole game, and 90% of them were in two different QTE scenes.

Blizzard

Banned
Clicking on the link will show all friends who own the game even if they haven't played it. Their total playtime will just be 0 hours.
Not for me. It redirects to a "friendsthatplay" link, and only shows the people who play it.

I was looking for people on my friends list who own R.U.S.E. since a couple of us who haven't played (except like the beta) are going to try it against the AI.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just finished Binary Domain, after 2 days (9 hours and change) of playing. Here's a micro-review, which I posted 10 minutes ago in the Backlog Blitz thread:

Didn't everyone tell you to play with a controller?

Also Binary Domain has one of the dopest endings I have seen in a while.

FYC

Banned
If I haven't seen Alien or Predator, should I play AvP 2010? My friend gifted it to me but I haven't touched it since I've never seen the films. I'm in the mood to play it though, seems pretty fun.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If I haven't seen Alien or Predator, should I play AvP 2010? My friend gifted it to me but I haven't touched it since I've never seen the films. I'm in the mood to play it though, seems pretty fun.

It has like nothing to do with the films really. It's a pretty standalone experience.

The individual campaigns aren't very long, but the stealth mechanics for the Predator and Alien are pretty fun and rewarding. The marine campaign is pretty bland, but has some nice atmosphere early on.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't everyone tell you to play with a controller?

Also Binary Domain has one of the dopest endings I have seen in a while.
Yup, and I said I was terrible when it comes to aiming with controllers :p

I would have died 20 or 30 more times if I played with the 360 pad, that's for sure.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Not for me. It redirects to a "friendsthatplay" link, and only shows the people who play it.

I was looking for people on my friends list who own R.U.S.E. since a couple of us who haven't played (except like the beta) are going to try it against the AI.
Huh. I checked a few other games and you're right. There are just a bunch of people on my list who...opened games for less than six minutes, I guess?

You people are weird and have weird gaming habits.
The statistic would probably make more sense if Steam rounded up in all cases for this view...

Steam could use more fighting games. Like an 2D based fighter.
SSIVAE is awesome but would like to play some other fighters too. BRING IT STEAM.

Fireblend

Banned
Huh. I checked a few other games and you're right. There are just a bunch of people on my list who...opened games for less than six minutes, I guess?

You people are weird and have weird gaming habits.
The statistic would probably make more sense if Steam rounded up in all cases for this view...

Hey, I appear in that sceenshot! (In my defense, I was testing out my new 360 pad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom