• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Man...Dead Island has to be the worst pc port i've ever played. So buggy.
It's frustating. :/ I hope Riptide is a lot better than this mess.

And thanks Nabs for Bioshock! Can't believe no one saw that, hehe. Sorry, i have no knowledge of creating rap music. D:

Nabs

Man...Dead Island has to be the worst pc port i've ever played. So buggy.
It's frustating. :/ I hope Riptide is a lot better than this mess.

And thanks Nabs for Bioshock! Can't believe no one saw that, hehe. Sorry, i have no knowledge of creating rap music. D:

np! enjoy.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OK I know I'm super late to the party but Steam is fantastic! I don't have much of a PC but I've found a bunch of great pick up n play, low sys-req games for cheap. Kind of what I loved about XBLA, plus a bunch more great features.

Anyway, I'm interested in buying Steam games, so if anyone has any to unload, I'm your guy. Looking for Amnesia as well as any good point n click adventure games. Or make suggestions, thanks!

vazel

Banned
Sweet! I sold 5 TF2 items and made $5.29, enough to buy FTL currently on sale.

Valve needs to expand this RMT feature. It's really awesome.

I'm kind of wary about offloading my genuines right now, mainly because the prices on keys started out low, then gradually went up as people bought them up. Then again, keys are consumables and hats aren't.

Argh, I wish I had paid attention during Economics back in college...

I also remember what happened in the Diablo 3 RMAH where folks made hundreds of dollars in the first 8 hours or so that it was live, and after that the market crashed. Not that I'm expecting the same thing to happen here but, unless one is well versed with the TF2 market to be able to gauge values properly, I'm not sure it's worth the risk to hold on to them in the hope of higher future profits.

Get more if you hold onto your genuine and trade them for games instead.

Getting fair trades for your hats is a PITA though. More so if you have to make multiple trades to convert hats into other hats/keys and then those into games.

dreamfall

So how much should we be selling hats for? I checked the Wiki, and everything seems to be about $2.49? Should I put them up for that?

TF2 hats, I know nothing about!

Just checked my in game time. Spec Ops at 5 hours on normal difficulty. Steam counter has it at 9 hours. >_> Left it open and idle as I was doing something else. Will go for the rest of Intel over time.

So how much should we be selling hats for? I checked the Wiki, and everything seems to be about $2.49? Should I put them up for that?

TF2 hats, I know nothing about!

Before you list any item, just search the market for the same thing and undercut the lowest price if you want a quick sale. For example if you have the Skyrim hat, search for it by name and you'll get the prices of all the currently listed Skyrim hats. Then decide accordingly.

Kammie

Does anyone here have Resident Evil 5? I'm looking for someone to play co-op with me
I don't have a mic. If that's not an impediment to the game (I think it has voice commands, right?) and you don't mind, I can do so. I've never played it before.

Just checked my in game time. Spec Ops at 5 hours on normal difficulty. Steam counter has it at 9 hours. >_> Left it open and idle as I was doing something else. Will go for the rest of Intel over time.
The game time also doesn't count your deaths. I had 10 hours on Steam and 5 hours 47 min on the game counter by the time I finished. (Edit: Insert joke about the endless loading screens. lol)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing Binary Domain now, after finishing Mark of the Ninja earlier today. It's a nice game, but the controls don't feel quite right with K&M, specially aiming. Even Spec Ops felt... I don't know, tighter. And I'm finding it hard to enter cover in the heat of battle.

Am I doing something wrong? I've heard the game was fantastic to control, but I don't see it at all.

Sarcasm

I'm playing Binary Domain now, after finishing Mark of the Ninja earlier today. It's a nice game, but the controls don't feel quite right with K&M, specially aiming. Even Spec Ops felt... I don't know, tighter. And I'm finding it hard to enter cover in the heat of battle.

Am I doing something wrong? I've heard the game was fantastic to control, but I don't see it at all.

Nah I loved the game but the controls are clonky..try with a controller if you have one. Game is good though!

didamangi

I think they still haven't fix it/put the option to turn off mouse smoothing. You could try the fix shown here.

I finished it with K&M months ago, after playing it awhile I got used to the floaty mouse aim but if you have a controller I suggest just play it with that.

JohnDonut

Banned

You're better off playing it with a controller, but KBM is serviceable.

Congrats to Nabs for the being the first one to message me about Homefront. I didn't expect it to be so popular.

Edit: Everything else is gone.

MNC

I couldn't even put hats on the store. I did sell a crate for 50c and used it to buy Nightmare in North Point during the pricing error!

Tizoc

I'm about to pay a little under $120 on 2 PS3 games; I spent a little more than that during the Winter Sale on dozens of games...

dreamfall

I'm about to pay a little under $120 on 2 PS3 games; I spent a little more than that during the Winter Sale on dozens of games...

What games are you getting?

Question: I kind of sort of want to get DMC. Y'all think it'll go on sale shortly after release? I think GMG is offering for like 35? But it is Capcom, and their titles never seem to go on sale consistently after.

Tizoc

What games are you getting?

Question: I kind of sort of want to get DMC. Y'all think it'll go on sale shortly after release? I think GMG is offering for like 35? But it is Capcom, and their titles never seem to go on sale consistently after.
Ni no kuni and hokuto musou 2.
As for DmC the lowest it would go during the summer sale is 50% at $25. As is for a newly released game 30-35$ sounds fine imo.

dot

Yeesh.....makes me glad i'm mostly a pc gamer now. Steam sales have spoiled me. :c

And thanks Sarcasm for the pm about Dead Island. I'll try out the config tool later today and see if it helps.

dreamfall

Yeesh.....makes me glad i'm mostly a pc gamer now. Steam sales have spoiled me. :c

And thanks Sarcasm for the pm about Dead Island. I'll try out the config tool later today and see if it helps.

It's a strange thing- like anything at Launch (if not on sale) is a complete pass. And then coupled with Steam sales, it almost feels like a mistake buying anything at launch. So many deals!

After slowly transitioning into PC gaming, Console exclusives even feel slightly less appealing. The fact that an entire backlog of recent PC titles can cost so much less than a single console title still feels crazy.

I'm hoping Kentucky Route Zero shows up soon- excited about that being Greenlit! Probably could just buy it off the site, but I keep hesitating!

baconcow

I have looked on the trading post and figured it might be best to post here. Does anyone have a copy of Red Faction Guerilla from the THQ pack they want to trade/sell?

Cheddahz

Banned
I don't have a mic. If that's not an impediment to the game (I think it has voice commands, right?) and you don't mind, I can do so. I've never played it before.

I don't have a mic either, so this might work out well, lol. My Steam ID is Cheddahz

Sarcasm

isHHMJ3oNfz03.jpg

Nillansan

Iron Brigade doesn't have Steam achievements :(

My Double Fine collection will never feel complete.

There is a tiny speckle of hope.

I know that this is a bit of late reply, but apparently DF will be talking with Microsoft regarding a SteamWorks version of Iron Brigade.

DFNathan said:
Yep. We're talking w/ MSFT now. Not about SteamWorks yet, but more on getting faster, pre-cert testing w/ some volunteers. SteamWorks will be a subsequent discussion once we get faster testing worked out.

Signal Studios did the same thing with Toy Soldiers.

Tomodachi

Just finished Deus Ex: HR with all the endings, now I'm not sure if I should just dive into The Missing Link or let it rest a bit and get to it in a few weeks. What would SteamGAF do?

Very short opinion on the game: slightly overrated, but a very good game. The writing was so damn naive though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Use your 360 pad. It should be your default solution every time KBM feels off in a console port.

There is a tiny speckle of hope.

I know that this is a bit of late reply, but apparently DF will be talking with Microsoft regarding a SteamWorks version of Iron Brigade.

Oh boy, now you gave me all this potential excitement.

Sweet! I sold 5 TF2 items and made $5.29, enough to buy FTL currently on sale.

Valve needs to expand this RMT feature. It's really awesome.

I dont understand this, i have several TF items in the inventory but i cant sell them. No option, it says inventory is empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom