• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Huh. I checked a few other games and you're right. There are just a bunch of people on my list who...opened games for less than six minutes, I guess?

You people are weird and have weird gaming habits.
The statistic would probably make more sense if Steam rounded up in all cases for this view...
Hey, should I feel offended that you highlighted me? Or honored to be shown as a proud owner of such a fine game?

I launched the game on New Year because someone here said there was a holiday achievement for doing so. In my defense, I already beat the game on Wii!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Hey, I appear in that sceenshot! (In my defense, I was testing out my new 360 pad)

Hey, should I feel offended that you highlighted me? Or honored to be shown as a proud owner of such a fine game?

I launched the game on New Year because someone here said there was a holiday achievement for doing so. In my defense, I already beat the game on Wii!

Haha, I was only pointing out the people who had zero hours listed. You (RionaaM) got the question marks because you "recently played" a game for zero hours, which is a pretty nonsensical way of presenting the statistic.

I hadn't even thought about it being for an achievement, though that explains things.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, I was only pointing out the people who had zero hours listed. You (RionaaM) got the question marks because you "recently played" a game for zero hours, which is a pretty nonsensical way of presenting the statistic.

I hadn't even thought about it being for an achievement, though that explains things.
That probably has to be the fastest achievement in the history of mankind xD

Anyway, you reminded me that I never finished my second playthrough of the game on Wii, playing in Normal (as opposed to Easy on my first one) and going for the best ending. Maybe I should do it on the Steam version now that I have it.

Sarcasm

So been playing the gift I got from exmachina64..the story is pretty good.

The gunplay on other hand feels floaty. BUT I am loving the destruction in this game.

HoosTrax

Got motivated to finally play through Arkham Asylum after three years because Dot gifted me the sequel during Winter Sale. Should have played it earlier. Although it did have a scary moment in the second half of the game, where a graphics effect made me think my video card was artifacting and got fried somehow. And sewers -- I freaking hate sewers now. I hated them after The Depths in Dark Souls, and now I hate them even more.

didamangi

Another 5 Dota 2 invite in my inventory, wth Valve. PM me your email if you want one.

Got motivated to finally play through Arkham Asylum after three years because Dot gifted me the sequel during Winter Sale. Should have played it earlier. Although it did have a scary moment in the second half of the game, where a graphics effect made me think my video card was artifacting and got fried somehow. And sewers -- I freaking hate sewers now. I hated them after The Depths in Dark Souls, and now I hate them even more.

I actually press ctrl+alt+del when that happened :))

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, I thought exactly the same. That scene made me think I would be running to a computer store really soon. Fucking genius on Rocksteady's part.

Loved the Scarecrow levels, wouldn't mind a game comprised only of them. I can't believe I waited 3 years to play it, it's a masterpiece. Also, can't wait to pick up Arkham City GOTY next time it goes on sale.

dot

Yay! I finally motivated someone. c:

I still have to play Arkham Asylum myself. Will probably get it during a steam sale. I already have it on consoles but i'm too lazy to boot up the ps3. lol

I hate that area in Dark Souls too... ._.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Same -- the surreal design of those Scarecrow levels was great. Loved them.

They know well the true fear of every PC gamer :(
Yup, made even worse due to the fact that I had already experienced a burnt video card while playing F.E.A.R. 2, 5 days after buying the new PC no less (the one I'm still using now). Experiencing it again almost broke me down: I want to get a new rig, but not yet!

Though the game crashing 4 times on your machine is surely annoying. Have you managed to solve it?

I can only imagine the fear that every Xbox 360 owner felt during that part, now THAT must have been sheer terror.

Hey, I know this isn't the perfect thread for it, but I love the community here and the OTs are probably full of people that have finished/played the crap out of them:

Anyone down for either Resident Evil 5 co-op or, if you're not insanely good and live in Canada/The US (closer to Canada, the better), Street Fighter IV AE? I'm having zero luck finding anyone to play either on my Steam friends list.

Either PM me here or add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DyslexicAlucard

SparkTR

Is there a thread about this? The devs of Dustforce announced a new game: Spire. It's a fantasy themed FPS with an emphasis on movement and procedural environments, launching on Linux as well.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Last year was probably the best year for fighting games in ages, and the only thing PC got was SFxT and a Skullgirls announcement. Neither of which I'd rate particularly high. Very disappointing.

Alienups

Sigh, why doesn't Blizzard just let me buy stuff with Paypal without having the need to link a creditcard (which i don't have).

Thanks for the replies. Some of the steam games looked tempting but i'll pass.

Tomodachi

KPlPV.jpg

Five new invites? Five? Really Steam?

Just go public beta and get done with it already.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I also received another five, barely a few days after I lamented not being given any extras since they began to appear in everyone's inventory. Valve is watching this thread. :p

Edit: Worms Armageddon downloaded an undocumented update which wiped my progress. :(

1-D_FTW

Just finished Binary Domain, after 2 days (9 hours and change) of playing. Here's a micro-review, which I posted 10 minutes ago in the Backlog Blitz thread:

The dialogue (story) was awful and the shooting sucked, but you had fun? Confusing recommendation.

Nabs

I also received another five, barely a few days after I lamented not being given any extras since they began to appear in everyone's inventory. Valve is watching this thread. :p

Edit: Worms Armageddon downloaded an undocumented update which wiped my progress. :(

It sounds like you got 3.7. I wish I had a version of the game that had automatic updates.

HoosTrax

Yup, made even worse due to the fact that I had already experienced a burnt video card while playing F.E.A.R. 2, 5 days after buying the new PC no less (the one I'm still using now). Experiencing it again almost broke me down: I want to get a new rig, but not yet!

Though the game crashing 4 times on your machine is surely annoying. Have you managed to solve it?

I can only imagine the fear that every Xbox 360 owner felt during that part, now THAT must have been sheer terror.
I know right? They probably thought their 360 was RRODing. And no, I'm not sure what was causing those crashes over the weekend, but I didn't have any issues last night, so maybe it was just something limited to one area of the game.

I have a few more sections to play, then I'm moving on to Arkham City -- don't care about XBL gamerscore, so no motivation to grind out Live achievements. I don't think I've ever even seen my "GameCard", or whatever they call it.

Nope, just google the name and read the horror stories. But up to you, personally i wouldn't risk it.

I've been buying keys there for stuff I don't deem worth full price (mainly EA stuff) for years and never had a problem.
These days their prices are worse than steam's though, not much use buying anything there anymore.

Joe Molotov

Just another reason to not play any Steam games, ever.

1-D_FTW

Didn't Pacman CE show up in the registry like 3 years ago?

Honestly, I don't even care. It would have been an automatic purchase for me, but I have enough stuff I'm not playing anyways. I would have probably even bought a couple of games they're selling there. But there's no way I'm upgrading to Windows 8 for that. So, whatever. They don't want my money, I'm fine keeping it in my pocket. No loss.

Fireblend

Banned
I've got plenty of friends I could give Dota 2 invites to; feel free to send them my way :p (my Steam id is the same as here).

Anyway, beat XCOM on easy last night. I do want to up the difficulty and try my luck with that, but I think I'll play some other backlog games before getting back to it. I'm thinking I'll give Recettear another shot. I also should try finishing Rochard soon :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I am still Dota Inviate unabated!

Ha! Joke's on you, Valve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom