• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
1000 amps is pretty neat for 5 minutes, I played it once.

Umm that's kind of a steep trade there bro, but I do want a copy if your willing to change your price, need to get it for a friend. You can get two copies of DS for only $11.99 and Baldur's gate is $9.99. Unless it's on sale somewhere I'm not aware of, in that case, sorry.

Oh so that's where I got my second copy from. I just saw that I had 2 copies and figured that I had accidentally bought it twice for $11.99 each. So yea if you can think of another game that's about $5-$6 I'll throw it in as well in exchange for BG.

Why do they give you 2 copies? Is it necessary to play co-op or something?

HoosTrax

Anyone able to upload screenshots? I'm getting errors.
If you're not using the beta client, then I would give it a try -- this is one of the issues that the latest beta update supposedly fixed.

Yeah but Syndicate is BLOOMing marvelous, fnar, fnar.
Excessive bloom is definitely high on my list of annoying trends this generation. Kind of like overwrought bump-mapping making surfaces look like melted plastic last gen.

1000 Amps is very good, guys, play it!

I'd say it takes 3 hours to beat it and two more to get everything, you can beat it in one sitting and it's also very small in size. You probably can download it right now and beat it before you go to bed.

Nillansan

I've been watching the market for a little while now.

The same few idiots constantly undercut each other until the overall price is in the dirt.

Eventually it seems to rise back up though.

I try to get rid of my items as soon as they are marketable. I usually set the price to the average of the prices listed on the first page and if the items don't sell after a few days I'll set the price a bit lower. My budget is a bit tight and selling TF2 items has been a tremendous help in getting the games that I want.

But yeah I am not in such a rush that necessitates actively undercutting others.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I'd say it takes 3 hours to beat it and two more to get everything, you can beat it in one sitting and it's also very small in size. You probably can download it right now and beat it before you go to bed.
Nice, I'll keep this in mind. I'm going to try Wake right now, according to HowLongToBeat it's only 30 minutes long.

For the people who have Don't Starve, I'm wondering what sort of game it is. Is it a permadeath, no end-game sort of thing; and does it sit up there on the coolest-games-ever shelf along with Binding of Isaac and FTL?

Don't Starve actually has a free online demo in the Chrome web store; it's basically the full game limited to 15 minutes each time (you can still do quite a lot of stuff):
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dont-starve/hiledapehlkhdehbhppgmekfalnlfajc

I'd also want to point out that Intrusion 2 is pretty cheap, but since I'm lazy as hell I'll just link to my previous post with screenshots and a trailer.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=51298092&highlight=#post51298092

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

I agree. I loved it and finished it, though I didn't 100% it. Great little game.

Edit: Seems it has achievements now? Or did it have them before? Not possible because it shows I have none of them.

It's in development apparently, 2013 release.

I bought the disks for this last year because I never did play it back in the day. I installed it and was like "whoa that doesn't hold up too well." Had to go out and find a few mods and updates to even make it playable, and even then I'm pretty sure my resolution was crap because I couldn't read the text. Haven't gone back to it but will definitely double dip if the EE for it comes out and plays well.

So hoping Bioware is thinking about a 3rd installment. Would be epic.

Oh so that's where I got my second copy from. I just saw that I had 2 copies and figured that I had accidentally bought it twice for $11.99 each. So yea if you can think of another game that's about $5-$6 I'll throw it in as well in exchange for BG.

Why do they give you 2 copies? Is it necessary to play co-op or something?

Just went for a walk with my dog, they give you an extra copy because they are awesome like that :). There is no coop, add me on Steam and I'll try to find a game I want you can throw in. If you still have it of course.

Guessing everyone already owns it, but, anyone want a BioShock Steam code?

EDIT: GMG seems to have given me 2 XCOM codes...Anyone else have this? I don't want to see if it works incase it activates it.

Is Half-Minute Hero worth picking up? Looks somewhat interesting.

Not for Steam or 360. The new art looks atrocious and the old art is far too low res to look good on PC (it was originally 480x272 on PSP). The game controls poorly with a 360 pad because of its crappy dpad and it isn't suitable for analog because the movement is only in 4 directions. The keyboard controls also cannot be remapped iirc. It is ideally played on PSP (or better yet, a Vita).

Not for Steam or 360. The new art looks atrocious and the old art is far too low res to look good on PC (it was originally 480x272 on PSP). The game controls poorly with a 360 pad because of its crappy dpad and it isn't suitable for analog because the movement is only in 4 directions. The keyboard controls also cannot be remapped iirc. It is ideally played on PSP (or better yet, a Vita).

It's not possible to play in a window? I'm not too concerned about the d-pad, I still have one of those MadCatz SFIV pads and I like the d-pad on it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I bought the disks for this last year because I never did play it back in the day. I installed it and was like "whoa that doesn't hold up too well." Had to go out and find a few mods and updates to even make it playable, and even then I'm pretty sure my resolution was crap because I couldn't read the text. Haven't gone back to it but will definitely double dip if the EE for it comes out and plays well.

So hoping Bioware is thinking about a 3rd installment. Would be epic.

Resolution was crap as in you used the widescreen patch and the text was too small, or?

While I welcome additional content from an EE, BG2 has crazy good community support and is actually a perfect example of a classic which holds up extremely well because of it; with the widescreen patch and extensive unofficial fixes/tweaks I've replayed it a couple of times over the years without incident. Still looks great too.

A 3rd installment scares me because of how near perfect BG2 is, and of course because we're talking about today's Bioware and what they...do...to sequels. I wouldn't turn it down though. =p

It's not possible to play in a window? I'm not too concerned about the d-pad, I still have one of those MadCatz SFIV pads and I like the d-pad on it.

I personally found the new art pretty charming, and that's even though I love pixel art, including the original. In fact I like both sets of visuals, which means it's 2x1 in the 360/Pc version. Watch a video if you want and decide if you like them.

That said, this version does axe the extra modes in the PSP version, that are in different genres; the twin-stick-shooter-like 30 Second Princess, etc. I think you get something in return, but I'm not sure.

When it all comes down to it, this game is awesome, one of the best games this generation for me. I would advise to get both versions, in fact, but if you won't get the PSP one, then getting the PC one should be a complete no-brainer.

Wok

Might I ask why? I was thinking about picking it up, but glad I checked this thread first...

This could be the reason why.

Should've known better than to purchase this Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition after all the noise about its bugginess around the initial release. I figured it would have been patched by now, but the ****ing thing won't even launch. I get a crash error immediately upon booting it up.

Picked up Sleeping Dogs from Gamefly for $8.99. Never played it before but I've read nothing but great things about it.

I THINK I bought everything I really wanted this weekend. Stealth Bastard Deluxe may be the only other game I purchase some time this week...but I'll probably browse Steam again to make sure there isn't anything I skipped, lol.

BIT.TRIP Runner 2 is beautiful, btw. Bought it last night. Do whatever you can to pick this game up!

Zaverious

I personally found the new art pretty charming, and that's even though I love pixel art, including the original. In fact I like both sets of visuals, which means it's 2x1 in the 360/Pc version. Watch a video if you want and decide if you like them.

That said, this version does axe the extra modes in the PSP version, that are in different genres; the twin-stick-shooter-like 30 Second Princess, etc. I think you get something in return, but I'm not sure.

When it all comes down to it, this game is awesome, one of the best games this generation for me. I would advise to get both versions, in fact, but if you won't get the PSP one, then getting the PC one should be a complete no-brainer.
The extra modes are still in there. That goddess quest based on Valhalla knights was axed though.

FloatOn

I was just about to finish Bioshock 2 when a giant storm blows through Florida knocking out power and two sections of our vinyl fence. I just finished putting the fence back together but get this, we won't have power until 11:59est.

Send positive gaben vibes this way.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I started playing Thomas Was Alone. It's really good, and I'm liking the narration so far.

BIT.TRIP Runner 2 is beautiful, btw. Bought it last night. Do whatever you can to pick this game up!
Listen to this person and buy it. Rob a bank and purchase it, I don't care (as long as you don't pirate it!), but get it and play it. The Bit.Trip must go on.

Exactly! It's a really charming hidden gem, one of the best indie games I played last year. It always makes me sad to see how only a few played it.
I didn't even know it existed until I decided to take a look at my Steam activity feed and saw that Honorless had bought it.

The activity feed is truly a fantastic feature.

Salsa

my first good run on Don't Starve kinda spoiled me. Now if I dont get everything I feel like I need before day 5 or so I just restart and create another world cause I dont like the one I started in :(

Played through all of Binary Domain this weekend. Man that's such a good game.

I would play another one of those in a heartbeat.

Additionally, you guys were right about Sonic Transformed. That game is top.

Video Games are good Video Games guys.

HoosTrax

Question: When I look at the games under my profile, I'll sometimes see games put at the top with a blue banner. What's up with that?
By blue banner, you mean like this?

bluebannerg.png

Those are the games that are currently in the download queue (or have completed and you haven't cleared them from the queue).

By blue banner, you mean like this?

Those are the games that are currently in the download queue (or have completed and you haven't cleared them from the queue).

I wish that was a game library view with the links button replaces with the play/install button. Looks nicer than the current one's.

Grief.exe

Picked up Sleeping Dogs from Gamefly for $8.99. Never played it before but I've read nothing but great things about it.

I THINK I bought everything I really wanted this weekend. Stealth Bastard Deluxe may be the only other game I purchase some time this week...but I'll probably browse Steam again to make sure there isn't anything I skipped, lol.

Sleeping Dogs was really a sleeper hit of 2012.

I just got around to playing it a couple weeks ago and I have been signing its praises ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom