• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
completely agree. Awesome game. One of the few games I'm actually looking to pick up the DLC for. Pick it up and don't regret it
That's why I still haven't played it. I'm waiting for a 75% sale on Year of the Snake (and any future DLC) before starting it, so I can play them all together.

You don't need any DLC to get the full experience in Sleeping Dogs.

I agree. To be honest there is a good chance you'll be over the game about half way through and the DLC just adds more of what you already did a hundred times before and still have to do a hundred times again the credits roll.

I think if you do finish it and still have the urge for more, then pick up the DLC. It is all cheap enough anyway.

But don't forget to get the Square-Enix character pack

ss_f5a727826f5b0e19f03e3904a3b1aa449a4c0e05.1920x1080.jpg

Dat 47

Is Half-Minute Hero worth picking up? Looks somewhat interesting.
Most definitely. Especially at that price.
The app produces a custom.styles file, which has to replace the custom.styles file in the skin folder.
Hah, silly me. Didn't see that there.

Hopefully it should work now.

Edit: No, it isn't. I'll make some screenshots.
UZtcEio.png

I have tried deleting the original custom file and replacing it with a new one multiple times. As well as restarting Steam.

And if you meant instead of the Steam Metro skin folder, that was the first thing I tried. I didn't try the skins folder at first, but this was the first thing I tried.
3zEP0X5.png

Again, at this point, I've tried having a blue custom file in both of these folders multiple times. I've opened settings multiple times. I've deleted old custom files multiple times, and I've restarted and closed out Steam multiple times.

Could the fact that I'm not using the new Steam beta have anything to do while it isn't working, or am I just not getting the instructions yet?

Hah, silly me. Didn't see that there.

Hopefully it should work now.

Edit: No, it isn't. I'll make some screenshots.
UZtcEio.png

I have tried deleting the original custom file and replacing it with a new one multiple times. As well as restarting Steam.

And if you meant instead of the Steam Metro skin folder, that was the first thing I tried. I didn't try the skins folder at first, but this was the first thing I tried.
3zEP0X5.png

Again, at this point, I've tried having a blue custom file in both of these folders multiple times. I've opened settings multiple times. I've deleted old custom files multiple times, and I've restarted and closed out Steam multiple times.

Could the fact that I'm not using the new Steam beta have anything to do while it isn't working, or am I just not getting the instructions yet?
Whoops: I meant the Metro for Steam folder, that's the custom.style file that you have to overwrite.

[edit] Oh, you tried that first. Then all I can say is that it worked on my machine and I suggest you delete the custom styles file and then generating a new one with the Settings exe.

FireRises

can I be added to the GAF group? thanks!

edit - thanks to whoever added me! Add me as a friend, I need more steam buddies, tag is gobias

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. To be honest there is a good chance you'll be over the game about half way through and the DLC just adds more of what you already did a hundred times before and still have to do a hundred times again the credits roll.

I think if you do finish it and still have the urge for more, then pick up the DLC. It is all cheap enough anyway.
Nah, I'd rather grab all the missions/interesting DLC for a game I haven't played, which I don't know if I'll like, and then play it all together someday.

Thomas Was Alone is really good indeed. Even my sister liked it, and she unlocked 2 achievements for me (jump 1x00 and 2x00 times). Of course, that's on the levels I've already beaten. I don't like when people continue my current playthrough, unless I've already finished the game before.

ShaneB

The Metro skin settings app goes right into the skin folder. Like so, which it did look like you had.

Also, note that it doesn't change the colour of the skin, just the highlight bar when you select games/friends. So maybe it is working, just that you are expecting the whole skin colour to change :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Evoland |OT| A short story of adventure games evolution

ioeLuAosSgyum.png

iblMww6uRMKFqS.png

Evoland is a journey through the history of action/adventure gaming, allowing you to
unlock new technologies, gameplay systems and graphic upgrades as you progress
through the game. Inspired by many cult series that have left their mark in the RPG
video gaming culture, Evoland takes you from monochrome to full 3D graphics and from
active time battles to real time boss fights, all with plenty of humor and references to
many classic game.

Website | Evoland Classic- very old alpha

iIGKHwB3fStJ0.png

iMdL4a9VeNPDq.png

Steam (PC/MAC): 4 April 2013
iOS/Android : Coming soon

ibxTaOaHA6RzHK.png

Trailer

ib0w0PY80CAbJV.png

ib2pZGnSvHSFDS.png

ielfpXtpedLvD.png

ibsylnuIHxY6IU.png

immvXeogf2EAh.png

Awww yeah no editing now.

Game looks neat, though.

Salsa

Evoland is a bit weird tho

"experience the evolution of the adventure RPG genre!" and the last step is like, isometric 4-tile movement low-poly 3D?

also im sure gonna be sad when I move on from the pixelated goodness. Poly stuff looks ew

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

"experience the evolution of the adventure RPG genre!" and the last step is like, isometric 4-tile movement low-poly 3D?

also im sure gonna be sad when I move on from the pixelated goodness. Poly stuff looks ew

Yeah, but the twist is that it goes back to 8-bit because it's all retro-cool now.

Relax.MX

Good deals from gamefly...mm The Walking Dead...is one of my top in wishlist right now(avaible)...

$19.99 $6.79
Torchlight II
PC

$24.99 $8.49
The Walking Dead
PC

$59.99 $19.99
Borderlands 2
PC

$49.99 $15.99
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
PC

$59.99 $23.99
Dishonored
PC

$49.99 $12.49
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition
PC

$39.99 $9.99
Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition
PC

$49.99 $12.49
Hitman: Absolution
PC

$19.99 $4.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
PC

$29.99 $7.49
Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods and Kings
PC

$19.99 $4.99
Syndicate
PC

$14.99 $7.49
The Cave
PC

$59.99 $24.99
Mass Effect Trilogy
PC

$29.99 $14.99
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
PC

$39.99 $14.99
Max Payne 3
PC

$39.99 $14.99
FIFA Soccer 13
PC

$59.99 $39.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
PC

$59.99 $39.99
Crysis 3
PC

$59.99 $32.99
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition
PC

$49.99 $34.99
Assassin's Creed III
PC

$39.99 $19.99
Football Manager 2013
PC

Joe Molotov

Yes, it goes:

8-bit 2D RPGS -> 16-bit 2D RPGS -> 32-bit 2D/3D RPGs -> 128-bit 3D RPGs -> HD 3D RPGs -> 2013 Videogame Crash -> Shitty iOS F2P RPGs

Decided to buy FarCry 3 and holy shit I'm really impressed. I'm not usually a fan of shooters but this feels more like an open world game and I wasn't expecting that at all, so that was really a nice surprise. It seems like what you'd get if you crossed Skyrim with your typical story-driven FPS.

Decided to buy FarCry 3 and holy shit I'm really impressed. I'm not usually a fan of shooters but this feels more like an open world game and I wasn't expecting that at all, so that was really a nice surprise. It seems like what you'd get if you crossed Skyrim with your typical story-driven FPS.
That's an apt way to put it, for better or worse.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, but the twist is that it goes back to 8-bit because it's all retro-cool now.
I think more than being retro-cool, the graphics that aren't low-poly 3D actually tend to look better in the long run. That last shot is kind of icky, but the earlier ones are great.

Curse Bethesda for not letting Dishonored get cheaper faster!!! Ugg it's still more than $20, that's like the cheapest it has been. I want it, at $15 I'd bite! I'm still holding out since launch lol.

oipic

I know it has been said many times, but hey...

Public shout-out of thanks to Salsa for being a most obliging and forever-helpful citizen of GAF. Thanks again, mate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just 8 hours to go until BioInf unlocks. Baldur's Gate is tempting, but maybe I should wait for 66% off...

Edit:
Curse Bethesda for not letting Dishonored get cheaper faster!!! Ugg it's still more than $20, that's like the cheapest it has been. I want it, at $15 I'd bite! I'm still holding out since launch lol.

You should have asked around when GamersGate began backfilling keys for the Bethesda Holiday Pack. I bought a Dishonored key for $15; it could have been yours. ;)

Grief.exe

I have no problem playing the waiting game with publishers.

Plenty of great games available to play while I wait for specific ones to drop in price.

Or, if your practices are particularly bad, never buy at all. Games like Diablo III and SimCity come to mind.

Deques

Just 8 hours to go until BioInf unlocks. Baldur's Gate is tempting, but maybe I should wait for 66% off...

Edit:

You should have asked around when GamersGate began backfilling keys for the Bethesda Holiday Pack. I bought a Dishonored key for $15; it could have been yours. ;)

I bought mine for $11 ^^

If you are lucky you might find a seller who sells it for $15

CryptiK

Any here able to help an Aussie out with Bioshock? I normally use Wilflare but he's off line I can paypal PM me details would be greatly appreciated

water1111

Banned
Stupid Australia.

That reminds me, I need to make room for BSI to even decrypt and unpack.

That's annoying isn't it? I downloading TR and it needed to decrypt and it always said "disk error" I'm like "WTF is my hard drive damaged :(" and then I looked I saw I had 26MB remaining on my STEAM hard drive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom