• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that. I bet it would even more delightful if you participated in the "three in march" or whatever comes next in april thread(s). Finishing steam games and deleting them of the ole' hdd feels so good.

I'm thinking the next 3 or 4 games I tackle next month are:

LA Noire
Transformers War for Cybertron
Jet Grind Radio

and either Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Which Fallout game is better to play first btw?
Do people actually delete the games they beat?

for shame.
Oh man :/

Yes. Deleting Tomb Raider felt so good.

Do people actually play the games they beat over again when they have a blacklog of 100+ games?
Games not designed to "beat" don't count.

Yes. I'm on my second playthrough of RAGE and I wanted to start another one for DX:HR but then the Director's Cut (DX hoho) was announced for Wii U so I'm waiting for that to hit PC.

Grief.exe

Yeah, that. I bet it would even more delightful if you participated in the "three in march" or whatever comes next in april thread(s). Finishing steam games and deleting them of the ole' hdd feels so good.

I'm thinking the next 3 or 4 games I tackle next month are:

LA Noire
Transformers War for Cybertron
Jet Grind Radio

and either Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Which Fallout game is better to play first btw?

I think I'm gonna do two in April since there will be tests and preparation for finals.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
too used to 60, it's hard to go back

I just see missing frames mang
I still can't see any difference between 30 and 60 FPS. Someone please kill me now.

you don't?
Nope, last year I bought a 2TB drive just for Steam games (and the free Origin ones too) and plan on filling it to full capacity. I've ripped some of my movie DVDs on it too, but out of the 1 TB that I've occupied so far, more than 800GB are games.

Do people actually play the games they beat over again when they have a blacklog of 100+ games?
Games not designed to "beat" don't count.
I don't even play the games I haven't beaten yet, so no :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Filling a hard drive with games is like fill a room with games boxes. It looks like shit. Keep it clean and only install what you are actually going to play so you beat something.

Bumhead

Banned

I've got a "Finished" category. I like knowing I can just switch any of the games in there to my "Now Playing" category at a moments notice.

The only games I delete on Steam are games relegated to "Scrap Heap".

R2D4

Banned
My two terabyte hard drive and 300+ games on Steam are laughing at you

laughing

at

you.

Seriously, storage ain't an issue these days.

I have a two terabyte hard drive just for Steam. I'm not worried about space but I don't delete games. I'm sure some people do to free up space and that's why I responded the way I did. I'm saying "Yes. To free up hard drive space" to someone that asked "Do people actually delete the games they beat?"

I still can't see any difference between 30 and 60 FPS. Someone please kill me now.

that's why you lost the Sniping Challenge, so

D63vnxo.jpg

nexen

With about 600 games and a bunch of my own projects on my machine, I'm sure I could fill up 2TB easily. If I'm not playing it, why the hell do I want it sucking up space?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Filling a hard drive with games is like fill a room with games boxes. It looks like shit. Keep it clean and only install what you are actually going to play so you beat something.
To be honest, I also keep the boxes of every electronic device I buy. I had some (ex-) friends laugh at me when they saw my room for the first time, and my mom is always telling me to throw that stuff away.

Consider yourself lucky.

*nods* This is one area I wish I could be oblivious to.
What I can't stand though is screen tearing. That is some fucked up ugly shit.

Derrick01

Banned

Often, yes. Most games nowadays are not very replayable because of their focus on story or cinematic elements.

The only game from the last 2 1/2 years that I already played and still have installed on my PC is Crusader Kings 2. But then again most PC oriented games are still highly replayable due to their focus on gameplay. Like I still play Rome total war every few months.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Delete? Whats that? If I run out of space I just slap another drive in. It's getting to be a bit of a mess to be honest.
What's this System32 folder? It's really big, can I save some space by deleting it?

Also, sorry for the double post, fucking cellphones man!

Just got this email, I've got a secret admirer!

Edit: Nvm that's the duplicate key email, my bad.

Dear Steam User,
This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this email address.
Steam account name:
You can use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Retrieve lost account" button on the Steam login screen.
The Steam Support Team

Fuck Bioshock and its shitty save system. Why can't I fucking save where I want, like every other fps going?

They always seem to find a way to bollocks up these games- first one had SecuROM with a 2 machine activation limit which I fell foul of. Second had GfWL and the horror of the infinite update loop. Now this bullshit where I have to play to some arbitrary point to be allowed to continue. No experimentation, no replaying a great section just for the kicks.

Assholes.

I have a two terabyte hard drive just for Steam. I'm not worried about space but I don't delete games. I'm sure some people do to free up space and that's why I responded the way I did. I'm saying "Yes. To free up hard drive space" to someone that asked "Do people actually delete the games they beat?"

I do it so my list of installed games stays on one screen without a scroll bar.

It just feels right.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do updates work? Does steam only update games you've played recently, or does it check everything? With a very large but mostly unplayed library, you could be using lots of download time just keeping old games up to date. And if you have decently fast Internet it doesn't take long to redownload something if you want to replay it.

Dr Dogg

I just got BIOSHOCK INFINITE.

I'm living dangerously. Backlog be damned!

I'm sure you'll be digging it in no time. The further I'm getting in the better the gameplay is becoming. Way, way, way better than the first and second by a country mile. Story wise so far this knocks anything in recent memory out of the park. If anyone doesn't like this game you must have a heart as black as coal.

Well 60fps to 30 fps is a massive drop. 120fps to 90fps is barely noticeable where as 90fps to 60fps you can see how thing aren't quite as fluid. 60fps down to 30fps fells is almost like a 45 degree aperture effect used in Saving Private Ryan and Three Kings is in place. Though sometimes 120fps makes things look very odd, almost too fluid.

FloatOn

I'm sure you'll be digging it in no time. The further I'm getting in the better the gameplay is becoming. Way, way, way better than the first and second by a country mile. Story wise so far this knocks anything in recent memory out of the park. If anyone doesn't like this game you must have a heart as black as coal.

The hype was too strong man. I jumped on the other games waaaaay too late for how good they were. This mistake couldn't happen again. I'm sure this is going to be as good as everyone says it is. To me, it seems Bioshock is one of the few franchises done right this gen. The games were given plenty of time to develop instead of being rushed out the door year after year.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I've seen this site before, and the 60 fps image looks barely smoother than the 30 one. Not enough to be noticeable if I'm not seeing both at the same time.

Some people are more prone to detecting the differences. I have a friend (and so can I, sometimes) that can notice the refresh rate of Fluorescent Lamps and using a computer monitor with a lower than 60hz refreshrate drives him crazy.

I've been saying that I can't notice a single frame above 60fps, but I don't think I ever had a monitor that displayed at a faster refresh rate than 60hz, so there's that. Are you sure you're not running your monitor at 30hz?

Maybe my older Samsung 19incher did, as it was a tube monitor, but I think I ran it at 60hz anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom