• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Edit: ^^^ The ending was great. Not "too much" at all.

I dont know, I think it was a bit too fast. I liked the scope and all that, but think about all the shit that went down like a lighting bolt in the last 20 minutes.

also yeah i'll move to the spoiler thread

Sober

also wtf at 10 hours Grief. I have 18 on Steam and I missed a couple sidequest due to the bad checkpoints

game was worth taking its time with it

Im not even sure if I liked the ending btw. It's just mindblowing in a "WTF" sense. I think its.. too much.
I only got maybe 75% of the audio logs but they filled in a lot of backstory and it seems to make sense for the most part. The details are what everyone is arguing over.

Grief.exe

also wtf at 10 hours Grief. I have 18 on Steam and I missed a couple sidequest due to the bad checkpoints

game was worth taking its time with it

Im not even sure if I liked the ending btw. It's just mindblowing in a "WTF" sense. I think its.. too much.

I ended up with 13-14 since some of my time wasn't tracked while I accessed through a VPN on Monday.

I got more achievements than you ;) I think I ended up with 65-70/80 Voxaphones too.

I beat it on hard, I think I will wait for a patch before I do a 1999/100% playthrough.

I only got maybe 75% of the audio logs but they filled in a lot of backstory and it seems to make sense for the most part. The details are what everyone is arguing over.

Ya the depth of the story is what makes it so interesting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
lol I had the same thought yesterday (just about saorise tho)

I actually missed Hanna's theatrical run here (staggered worldwide releases are stupid). Maybe I'll see The Host twice to make up for that.

Basically the idea that someday, somehow, someway, for some reason, I might want to play that game, so may as well buy it now, "now" being the day it comes out or the day it goes on sale, depending on factors such as price, potential quality, and the real likelihood that you actually will play it (instead of just the vague possibility that you might play it in some nebulous future that most likely doesn't exist). With DLCs, it's the feeling that you're getting an incomplete game without the DLCs, so you need to buy the DLCs to complete the experience.

Pretty much. I'll also add, in cases of misc items such as guides and episodes of PC Gamer Digital, "Just because."

Nabs

Inversion is a pretty cool co-op game. Thanks to Lain for hooking me up a while back.

I'm looking at my PM box, and it looks like I made good progress with the stuff I was given. Rage (done), Prototype (done), Inversion (done), X-Blades (deleted forever).

Fjordson

Hey guys, does Mount & Blade Warband still have a decent multiplayer following? Thinking of buying it and the Fire & Sword expansion for $7.

Hey guys, does Mount & Blade Warband still have a decent multiplayer following? Thinking of buying it and the Fire & Sword expansion for $7.

Warband is at the Dark Souls level at around 5k players and I have some friends that are in dedicated guilds that still love the game, so yes at least that one has a pretty active community. It's a good pickup.

I started and finished Waking Mars over the last two days and I absolutely loved it. I really knew next to nothing going in and I fell in love with it pretty quickly. I liked it enough to 100% it (took about 9 hours). I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who likes exploration or science fiction with a little bit of puzzle thrown in. I really liked the story quite a bit and the art and voice acting were extremely well done. I'd recommend going in blind if you can. I think it helped my experience with it.

It is also currently on sale for $4.99 if anyone is interested.
kOKPxFp.jpg

iX7vmhD.jpg

Isaccard

Inversion is a pretty cool co-op game. Thanks to Lain for hooking me up a while back.

I'm looking at my PM box, and it looks like I made good progress with the stuff I was given. Rage (done), Prototype (done), Inversion (done), X-Blades (deleted forever).

Why the hell would you ask for this

Dr Dogg

Right Infinite has finally downloaded, got the long Easter Bank Holiday weekend ahead, missus has gone to work and surrounded by chocolate Easter Eggs well 4 but that will do.

Saying that from what I've played of Infinite so far I'm getting a strange
Back to the Future, Truman Show, Twelve Monkeys
kind of vibe for various reason so might finish it off on the sofa.

JaseC

it's the only saorise movie I've watched, and it was pretty cool in the weird way I like

Overall I'd say that Atonement and Hanna are my favourites of the bunch (both directed by Joe Wright, incidentally), but The Lovely Bones plays host to her best performance. Of her upcoming films I'm most interested in Grand Budapest Hotel, How I Live Now and Mary Queen of Scots. (HILN may just make it to theatres this year if it doesn't get stuck in the festival circuit.)

I can confirm that Waking Mars is indeed badass.

I keep confusing this with Routine, which I'm greatly anticipating, for some reason. :(

Wok

I am reluctant to try Cart Life, but I might give it a go now that I know it has received three IGF 2013 awards.

Cart Life, by Richard Hofmeier
  1. Seumas McNally Grand Prize
  2. Nuovo Award
  3. Excellence in Narrative

FTL: Faster Than Light, by Subset Games
  1. Excellence in Design
  2. Audience Award

Technical Excellence: Little Inferno, by Tomorrow Corporation
Excellence in Visual Arts: Kentucky Route Zero, by Cardboard Computer
Excellence in Audio: 140, by Jeppe Carlsen
Best Student Game: Zineth, by Arcane Kids

zkylon

zkylewd
Overall I'd say that Atonement and Hanna are my favourites of the bunch (both directed by Joe Wright, incidentally), but The Lovely Bones plays host to her best performance. Of her upcoming films I'm most interested in Grand Budapest Hotel, How I Live Now and Mary Queen of Scots. (HILN may just make it to theatres this year if it doesn't get stuck in the festival circuit.)
I was about to get to atonement but life happened.

at least she's got a host of good movies. my love for zooey deschanel was mired in shitty hollywood stuff (and all the real girls, which is one of the bestest american indie films I've seen)

Salsa

is the Infinite season pass gonna change price or something?

like, is there any reason for getting it now instead of waiting to see what the first SP DLC is?

JaseC

is the Infinite season pass gonna change price or something?

like, is there any reason for getting it now instead of waiting to see what the first SP DLC is?

I somewhat regret buying it early; I don't like the look of the golden guns.

AlexBasch

Huh, strange. Can't play Sleeping Dogs at all now. :( I keep getting "HKShip.exe has stopped working". The game worked before I lost all my shit on a HDD that died a week ago, re-downloaded it, got installed and now it doesn't work at all, bummer.

JordanKZ

Huh, strange. Can't play Sleeping Dogs at all now. :( I keep getting "HKShip.exe has stopped working". The game worked before I lost all my shit on a HDD that died a week ago, re-downloaded it, got installed and now it doesn't work at all, bummer.

Verify your installation.
Right click the game on Steam > Properties. It's on one of the tabs. It'll then scan the files, look for issues and re-download any dodgy ones.

deejay

They've been testing the Steam achievements for Dyad for 4 days now...
The big question: can we expect it today or later this month ? Time is running out ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
found the magic combination for me for bio infinite. setting my vsync off in game and to "adaptative" through nvidia control panel and textures to "normal". tbh I can't tell the difference between normal and ultra, whenever I'd see a particularly egregious example of a bad texture I'd switch back to ultra and it'd be no difference.

with no stuttering the game is bliss, I'm still not sure how I feel about many things (the pacing, the two-weapon limit, lockpicking, the "sidequests"), but overall I'm liking it. the story really is superb and very clever at parts, and now the actual fights are getting to be pretty enjoyable with tears and more skyhooking finally unlocked.

I'm very negative about the lack of quicksaving tho. the game has pretty dodgy checkpointing at best and most of the times you can't even tell when's the last time it autosaved and it's had me repeating whole sections over again already. also I just don't get why it isn't there, it's not like it enforces you to bear with your decisions since it's not like you make a choice every five seconds like in alpha protocol or something. I just want to save after a couple rooms, what's so bad about that?

also the puppy line is really really weird

JaseC

Setting PoolSize to 1200 and forcing BioInf to read that value rather than pick its own seems to have done the trick for me. There's still some initial stutter upon loading a level, but the interstitial stutter seems to be gone or at least is now very infrequent.

Edit: Oddly, the apparently better SLI compatibility bit didn't do anything for me. I ran a benchmark and compared the results, but there were no improvements that couldn't be explained as simple expected variance (+2~5fps).

1-D_FTW

I really should get back to playing Bioshock. I feel like I've put like 7 hours into the game but apparently it's only 4, and apparently that's only like 30% of the game. Feels kind of a chore at this point.

Speaking of that I noticed a TF2 update but the bioshock items are still locked. I would really like to sell these steam.

If you ran out of steam that early, I'd say forget it. The backhalf of the game has DK64 style collect-a-thons. Shit is bad.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
since the new update steam store and community has been taking forever to load

Exile550

I'm selling a copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown for $12, PM me if interested.

I also have a steam key for Sonic generations that I'm selling for $5.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Finished Bioshock Infinite and bought the shit out of that season pass. Thank you Ken Levine for creating games that so perfectly encapsulate why I love games.

charleycry8el9xweqm.gif

Nabs

capsule_467x181.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230650/

Lords of Football is a whole new sports lifestyle simulator, played in God Mode.The everyday
routine of football is brought to life, simulating footballers' training to improve their skills and
all the drama and real-life distractions that unfold during a normal season. With easy drag-
and-drop navigation and by learning each footballer's personality, you must oversee all your
footballers and resources to bring the team up to international competition level. The game
takes place in an immersive 3D world with a customisable team, and rewards success with
club upgrades to expand this exciting, vibrant football simulation.

Come on Sanjay. You know you want this shit.

HoosTrax

capsule_467x181.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230650/

Lords of Football is a whole new sports lifestyle simulator, played in God Mode.The everyday
routine of football is brought to life, simulating footballers' training to improve their skills and
all the drama and real-life distractions that unfold during a normal season. With easy drag-
and-drop navigation and by learning each footballer's personality, you must oversee all your
footballers and resources to bring the team up to international competition level. The game
takes place in an immersive 3D world with a customisable team, and rewards success with
club upgrades to expand this exciting, vibrant football simulation.

Come on Sanjay. You know you want this shit.
what...the hell...am I looking at here

ss_280b2daae89d9416fa3d81449e5824acfacc1ce3.600x338.jpg

I want a game like this or MLB Power Pros (with metagame stuff for developing an athlete), but for a sport I actually like. Aka ice hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom