• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

That is a hell of a deal. Do you think there would be any problem redeeming those in the US?

Should be fine, keys that get provided for graphics card hardware / promotions normally are not region locked.

Thank you Ken Levine for creating games that so perfectly encapsulate why I love games.

KENNNN LEEEEE tulibu dibu douchoo

I want a game like this or MLB Power Pros (with metagame stuff for developing an athlete), but for a sport I actually like. Aka ice hockey.

SI Games, makers of FM13 did, look for one of these, one of them might be what your looking for.

Eastside Hockey Manager
NHL Eastside Hockey Manager (2 July 2004)
NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2005 (27 May 2005)
NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2005 (North American version) (27 September 2005)
NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 (22 September 2006)

Out of the Park Baseball Manager
Out of the Park Baseball Manager 2006 (31 May 2006)
Out of the Park Baseball Manager 2007 (23 March 2007)

capsule_467x181.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230650/

Lords of Football is a whole new sports lifestyle simulator, played in God Mode.The everyday
routine of football is brought to life, simulating footballers' training to improve their skills and
all the drama and real-life distractions that unfold during a normal season. With easy drag-
and-drop navigation and by learning each footballer's personality, you must oversee all your
footballers and resources to bring the team up to international competition level. The game
takes place in an immersive 3D world with a customisable team, and rewards success with
club upgrades to expand this exciting, vibrant football simulation.

Come on Sanjay. You know you want this shit.

Only if you can fuck your best friends wife.

I tried playing soccer manager but then I found out you had to actually know stuff about soccer.

If Alex Morgan isn't involved in it then I don't care.

Speaking of Levine and Infinite. How's the game doing in general? Better yet, how's the game performing on Steam?

I remember back at the Skyrim launch the numbers the game was putting was braking all kinds of records.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Speaking of Levine and Infinite. How's the game doing in general? Better yet, how's the game performing on Steam?

I remember back at the Skyrim launch the numbers the game was putting was braking all kinds of records.

It's peak today was 50k and using the Tripwire-metric (10x the concurrent for players over a day) it could be as 500k players each day. I'd be shocked if the game did less than 1.5 million on PC alone.

I'd love to see the total Skyrim sales on PC. We must have done 3-4 million ourselves.

AkuMifune

Banned
capsule_467x181.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230650/

Lords of Football is a whole new sports lifestyle simulator, played in God Mode.The everyday
routine of football is brought to life, simulating footballers' training to improve their skills and
all the drama and real-life distractions that unfold during a normal season. With easy drag-
and-drop navigation and by learning each footballer's personality, you must oversee all your
footballers and resources to bring the team up to international competition level. The game
takes place in an immersive 3D world with a customisable team, and rewards success with
club upgrades to expand this exciting, vibrant football simulation.

Come on Sanjay. You know you want this shit.

This does look cool, but I think playing Cart Life has ruined all life simulators for me. Unless I have to try practicing with a hangover or intentionally botch a game to pay up to some bookies I owe money to. That'd be rad.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Might end up being the only AAA game I preorder this year (along with Total War: Rome 2 if that gets a 2013 release).

The original is by far my favourite strategy game of recent times. Will never forget the epic 2v2 I had with some top-level players that ended with us winning by 1 ticket.

Been playing Dark Souls after a 2 month hiatus. I remember getting discouraged because I was repeatingly getting killed (and I have played and beaten Demons Souls a while ago). So I decided to play it again but play it on a very cautious way like I remembered doing in Demons Souls and it is paying off. This game sure forces you to be patient, and over all a much better player. I love exploring and I could go numerous routes right now. I can either fight the
moth looking boss
or the
Bell Tower Gorgoyle
. I don't want any tips or anything but just to share that I am enjoying this game very much and it finally "clicked" with me.

I have a confession... Bioshock Infinite is now my GotY. Played about 5 more hours yesterday and am on the last level. It went from 'meh' to holy shit I love Levine. But I can't seem to pass the part where
you use the bird to help you defeat the airships and enemies. I have tried about 10 times and I can't seem to stop them from destroying the blue box thing.
what am I doing wrong?

Grief.exe

I have a confession... Bioshock Infinite is now my GotY. Played about 5 more hours yesterday and am on the last level. It went from 'meh' to holy shit I love Levine. But I can't seem to pass the part where
you use the bird to help you defeat the airships and enemies. I have tried about 10 times and I can't seem to stop them from destroying the blue box thing.
what am I doing wrong?

Keep your
bird
cooldown up for taking down ships. Hold F on the ships to make him go after them.

For some of the harder spawns you can wait until they get up to the circle right below the blue box, then call the
bird down on them

There is an RPG and other weapons lying over the place. You will have to keep switching out. The enemies always drop crank guns or repeaters, so I would pick those up.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
what am I doing wrong?

kS3SwId.jpg

Keep your bird cooldown up for taking down ships. Hold F on the ships to make him go after them.

For some of the harder spawns you can wait until they get up to the circle right below the blue box, then call the bird down on them.

There is an RPG and other weapons lying over the place. You will have to keep switching out. The enemies always drop crank guns or repeaters, so I would pick those up.

Thanks for spoiling Infinite!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for spoiling Infinite!
Wait until he tells you the part where the kid realises he had just killed his own brother, and he's now the king of Rapture.

I haven't played the game, nor have any idea if there's any kid, and I don't think the game is set in Rapture

nexen

I'm going to buy Bioshock Infinite at full price just to keep from getting spoiled. I hope you people are happy.
I didn't actually read anything posted about Bioshock Infinite ... yet

baconcow

I'm going to buy Bioshock Infinite at full price just to keep from getting spoiled. I hope you people are happy.

There are mountains of Steam keys going for $25 on CAG from the AMD bundles. Picked one up, myself.

R1CHO

Are you reading this? Ah! The cake is a lie, S.P.O.I.L.E.D. BOOM!

deejay

Maybe we should save the Bioshock talk for the Bioshock thread, hmm ?
I want to read this thread without anything being spoiled, I'm still playing through it !

So this BioShock thing is pretty nifty then? I don't want to go to the OT and run the spoiler gauntlet, so how's the gameplay? It looked a little scripting heavy in trailers, is it more dynamic in practice?

KingKong

Oh man, I really want to pick up the old Hitman games, but I think they aged really poorly, Hitman 1 and 2 were mega clunky back when I played them

also no Contracts on Steam :(

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
May I ask which AMD bundles you're referring to?
Their "Never Settle Reloaded" promotion. In short: if you bought an AMD 77xx, 78xx or 79xx card recently, you got a little card with it which you could register to get free games. Seems like it's still going, but it's of course a "while supplies last" type of thing.

...AngryChinchilla's post made me buy Waking Mars. Now I'm up to fifteen games bought this month (seventeen if you count preorders/stuff that ain't shipped yet) Thanks a lot, jerk.
:)

snack

Their "Never Settle Reloaded" promotion. In short: if you bought an AMD 77xx, 78xx or 79xx card recently, you got a little card with it which you could register to get free games. Seems like it's still going, but it's of course a "while supplies last" type of thing.

...AngryChinchilla's post made me buy Waking Mars. Now I'm up to fifteen games bought this month (seventeen if you count preorders/stuff that ain't shipped yet) Thanks a lot, jerk.
:)
Thanks!

Relax.MX

Oh man, I really want to pick up the old Hitman games, but I think they aged really poorly, Hitman 1 and 2 were mega clunky back when I played them

also no Contracts on Steam :(

I played Blood Money last month and the same happen to me, I fight with the controls more than the game.. But I need to do another try

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Everybody that wants to play Hitman should get Bloodmoney. I've been told numerous times that it's the best one, so that's what I did.

I still didn't play it though, obviously. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom