• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBasch

capsule_467x181.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230650/

Lords of Football is a whole new sports lifestyle simulator, played in God Mode.The everyday
routine of football is brought to life, simulating footballers' training to improve their skills and
all the drama and real-life distractions that unfold during a normal season. With easy drag-
and-drop navigation and by learning each footballer's personality, you must oversee all your
footballers and resources to bring the team up to international competition level. The game
takes place in an immersive 3D world with a customisable team, and rewards success with
club upgrades to expand this exciting, vibrant football simulation.

Come on Sanjay. You know you want this shit.
I'm fucking in.

Dr Dogg

Well BioShock Infinite. That was mental. Lots and lots of unanswered questions. Might just pull the trigger on the seasons pass. Fingers crossed they might answers some of them. While worth every penny and the fact I might dive straight back in I kind of feel it has almost no replay value gameplay wise. It's a vast improvement over the previous 2 but kind of petered out towards the end. Story and that ending more than made up for it though for me.

It seems like Absolution is more linear with specific solutions to things, which I prefer because I am dumb as shit when it comes to planning stuff out. I wish I was sharp enough to get into Blood Money, because it seems amazing.

Derrick01

Banned
It seems like Absolution is more linear with specific solutions to things, which I prefer because I am dumb as shit when it comes to planning stuff out. I wish I was sharp enough to get into Blood Money, because it seems amazing.

Just play Absolution the way it was designed to play, as a shooter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I feel that I should have used the few bucks in my Wallet to purchase AoE2 HD rather than the guide to Hitman: Abs.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

On this, you're absolutely correct. There's still a bit of fun to be had with how you kill targets, it's just not as genius as Blood Money in that territory. Absolution does pretty much always put you right on the path to your target, and even in the free-roam levels your target is very easy to spot and track down.

Dr Dogg

I feel that I should have used the few bucks in my Wallet to purchase AoE2 HD rather than the guide to Hitman: Abs.

Hahahaha. Do guides show as another 'game' on your profile count? I bet you've been sneakily buying digital copies of PC Gamer too.

JaseC

Hahahaha. Do guides show as another 'game' on your profile count?

Of course!

I bet you've been sneakily buying digital copies of PC Gamer too.

Guilty. I was made aware of their existence during the recent ARMA sale (searching for "ARMA" brings up one of the episodes), and they never* go on sale.

* Episode 3 did, back when it released in October 2011.

JaseC

I'm hoping that Fez's early bird discount will be at least 25%, given it'll be a year old by the time it releases.

Joe Molotov

IGF selected their 2013 winners:

Excellence in Visual Art ($3,000)
Kentucky Route Zero (Cardboard Computer)

Nuovo Award ($5,000)
Cart Life (Richard Hofmeier)

Excellence in Audio ($3,000 )
140 (Jeppe Carlsen)

Excellence in Narrative ($3,000)

Technical Excellence ($3,000)
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation)

Best Student Game ($3,000)
Zineth (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)

Audience Award ($3,000)
FTL: Faster Than Light (Subset Games)

Excellence in Design ($3,000)
FTL: Faster Than Light (Subset Games)

Seamus McNally Grand Prize ($30,000)

Cart Life, FTL, Little Inferno, and Kentucky Route Zero are of course on Steam, and mostly on sale. Think I'm gonna check out Cart Life.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
IGF selected their 2013 winners:

Cart Life, FTL, Little Inferno, and Kentucky Route Zero are of course on Steam, and mostly on sale. Think I'm gonna check out Cart Life.

Damn, really had Hotline Miami pegged to take Audio. Gonna have to take a look at this 140 and see what that's all about.

Big congrats to FTL and Cart Life for sweeping, and of course Kentucky Route Zero which I love with all my lynchian heart. <3

On this, you're absolutely correct. There's still a bit of fun to be had with how you kill targets, it's just not as genius as Blood Money in that territory. Absolution does pretty much always put you right on the path to your target, and even in the free-roam levels your target is very easy to spot and track down.

I'm not very far but I really like how Absolution in the Chinatown level immediately hands you the target but makes getting all the varieties interesting via the challenges.

Dr Dogg

How much was it on XBLA?

I think I paid 800 space bucks but it would have been worth 1200 if that's what I paid. Definitely buying it on Steam hopefully they'll have the disasterpiece soundtrack as well. Hang on with my constant double and treble dipping I've got to be getting close to JaseC levels of craziness.

Edit: Microsoft's transaction management is a mess but yeah 800

11/07/2012 Fez Purchase Microsoft Points 800 points

I think I paid 800 space bucks but it would have been worth 1200 if that's what I paid. Definitely buying it on Steam hopefully they'll have the disasterpiece soundtrack as well. Hang on with my constant double and treble dipping I've got to be getting close to JaseC levels of craziness.

At that price, it's a no-brainer, especially if there is a discount.

About the soundtrack, Valve decided to stop releasing soundtracks on Steam (that's what the dev of Anodyne said on the Steam forums). The only way it's gonna be available if it's included with the game.

Dr Dogg

I want to buy it...

But I don't want to support the asshole who made it.

I thought all the hate for Fish was a bit overboard until I saw Indie Game The Movie.

About the soundtrack, Valve decided to stop releasing soundtracks on Steam (that's what the dev of Anodyne said on the Steam forums). The only way it's gonna be available if it's included with the game.

Oh right didn't know that. To be fair thought the present system they had was a bit silly.

JaseC

hannacry27ms5l.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Blood Money is the best game to start with and the best game of the series.

I haven't personally played it yet, but that seems to be the general consensus.

Blood Money is $2.50 right now http://store.steampowered.com/app/6860/
Yes. You can't go wrong with Blood Money. Though if he hasn't played any game yet, he won't know what to expect and could get some enjoyment from Absolution.

How about you save your money instead and only purchase what you're going to play.
Don't you dare suggesting that to JaseC. Infidel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom