• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
hannacry27ms5l.gif

A stealth edit? Steam wasn't good at releasing soundtracks anyway.

Grief.exe

So grief are you going to go back and fix your spoiler or not?

Fixed.

Sorry I've been hanging around in the Bioshock threads discussing the game too much.

Well BioShock Infinite. That was mental. Lots and lots of unanswered questions. Might just pull the trigger on the seasons pass. Fingers crossed they might answers some of them. While worth every penny and the fact I might dive straight back in I kind of feel it has almost no replay value gameplay wise. It's a vast improvement over the previous 2 but kind of petered out towards the end. Story and that ending more than made up for it though for me.

I want to dive back in as well but I think I am going to play a change of pace game first and wait for a patch.

It seems lots of people are pulling the trigger on the season pass after beating the game, it shot up to the top of the Steam sales charts today.

So I have to start avoiding this thread to now? sonofabitch

Pretty minor spoiler overall, nothing major. I'll shore up my comments from now on though.

Grief.exe

I think I paid 800 space bucks but it would have been worth 1200 if that's what I paid. Definitely buying it on Steam hopefully they'll have the disasterpiece soundtrack as well. Hang on with my constant double and treble dipping I've got to be getting close to JaseC levels of craziness.

Edit: Microsoft's transaction management is a mess but yeah 800

WHAT DO THESE NUMBERS EVEN MEAN!?!!??

FloatOn

Ugh. She looks like children of the corn here. The overly blonde eyebrows are freaking me out man.

Anyway, I just wanted to go home and play some Infinite but noooooooo one of my employees had to go and hurt their hand and I'm stuck here until they get back from the clinic.

drat.

Dr Dogg

I want to dive back in as well but I think I am going to play a change of pace game first and wait for a patch.

It seems lots of people are pulling the trigger on the season pass after beating the game, it shot up to the top of the Steam sales charts today.

Well going to sleep on the story overall and the ending especially then got sunday free to pick through again with a fine tooth comb. Yeah I'd love the save anywhere nature back but it does appear you can go back and play each chapter on it's own (it's not perfect but make hay while the sun shines).

Didn't find it that hard but encounters became a war of attrition towards the end but thankfully Elizabeth
and her throwing you health, salt or ammo gives you iframes
which makes it a piece of cake sometimes if you time it right. 1999 mode though gets rid of the hud and the massive tool tips right? Really did my nut in.

WHAT DO THESE NUMBERS EVEN MEAN!?!!??

The sound of Microsoft laughing to the bank as they have effectivly locked you in to their ecosystem with their version of Disney Dollars. Or in real terms 800 points = $10.

HOLY SHIT!!!! I just finished the game and omg. What an ending, what a game.

I posted a few times in this thread when I was about 4-5 hours in that I wasn't too impressed. Welp, 8 hours later and this is my GotY so far. Wow. As someone who has a little girl the ending hit me harder than I would have expected.

Hey Peter Molyneux, THIS is how you make a game in which the player is emotionally attached to the characters and story. Levine shits all over Peter and many other developers that attempt the same.

nexen

HOLY SHIT!!!! I just finished the game and omg. What an ending, what a game.

I posted a few times in this thread when I was about 4-5 hours in that I wasn't too impressed. Welp, 8 hours later and this is my GotY so far. Wow. As someone who has a little girl the ending hit me harder than I would have expected.

Hey Peter Molyneux, THIS is how you make a game in which the player is emotionally attached to the characters and story. Levine shits all over Peter and many other developers that attempt the same.

Goddamnit.

nexen

Ahh well I guess Tomod thinks it was a spoiler =/

Probably feeding off of my ambiguity somewhat. All clear now anyways. Thread is safe, continue on with your regular business.

Something is telling me explaining the context of the relationship was the actual give away.

The minute someone gives me a digital daughter to protect, shit gets real. Even done poorly, I'm usually on-board.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
The game would need a humble weekly in which we would choose who to give money to.

1364503394-sans-titre.png
Ahaha, excellent.

I'm not even sure most people know how much work Bédard did (or even that he exists) because Fish has dominated all discussion about Fez. Shame.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so guys is it just me or since the patch yesterday steam has been really slow at loading the store ?

nexen

Shit, nobody told me Dirt Showdown was on sale on GMG.
$8 with the coupon code. SOLD.

Somehow ended up with $6 credit...so OFP: Red River for me too.. BAM!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Dirt 2 or dirt 3? Both are dirt cheap (sorry) but no point buying both

Edit: or dirt showdown

Dirt 2 - £2.49
Dirt 3 - £5
Dirt showdown - £6.79

Hopefully all with 20% off

Dirt 2 hands down the better game but i think multiplayer is dead.

To add to the above. For some reason Dirt 2 looks better to me and the music selection is a lot nicer. CodeMaster lowered the quality with the sequel. ANd it seems to be a great price.

nexen

Edit: or dirt showdown

Dirt 2 - £2.49
Dirt 3 - £5
Dirt showdown - £6.79

Hopefully all with 20% off

Only played the demo of Dirt Showdown but I've heard bad things.
Dirt 2 > Dirt 3.

Tomodachi

Something is telling me explaining the context of the relationship was the actual give away.
This. I'll admit I'm very (maybe even too) sensitive to spoilers, but I can't help making some kind of idea about a plot point when you talk about it and contextualizing it like that, and even if that idea will be proven wrong I will probably think about it all the time going through the game. I know I'm probably weird but still :p

I'm so buying this when it goes below 10$ or something. I hope the idea is well executed because it's awesome.

fleck0

Got Dirt 2, waited too long to try it. Dirt showdown was free in some promotional giveaway awhile ago, I wish I hadn't bothered filling out the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom