• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Something is telling me explaining the context of the
relationship
was the actual give away.

Crap. I remember what was written, and it makes too much sense with regards to some character denominations in the previous episodes.

I won't be able to forget it any time soon: I will have to wait for a sale before trying this game now.

I am going to save my money for April:
  • Papo & Yo (April 18)
  • Monaco (April)
  • Contrast (April?)
  • FEZ (May 1)

And I forgot several other games:
  • La-Mulana (April 15)
  • The Swapper (this Spring)
  • The Stanley Parable: HD Remix (any time soon?)

Wok

Sorry. Double post.

Edit: Rather than leaving the post empty, I will put some pieces of information about 2013 for me:

So, for 2013, my list of games to buy:
  1. Contrast (dev, Greenlight, Registry)
  2. Fez (dev, Registry)
  3. Gorogoa (dev)
  4. Gunpoint (dev, Registry)
  5. Miegakure (dev)
  6. Monaco (dev, Registry)
  7. Owlboy (dev, Registry)
  8. Papo & Yo (dev, Registry)
  9. The Stanley Parable: HD Remix (dev, Greenlight, Registry)
  10. The Witness (dev, Registry)

And my list of games to greenlight:
  1. Marvin's Mittens (desura)
  2. OIO - The Game - Enlarged (standalone extension of desura)
  3. The Sea Will Claim Everything (the dev's store)
  4. The Oil Blue (desura)
  5. Qasir al-Wasat: A Night in-Between (desura)
  6. Wooden Sen'SeY (desura)
  7. Cook, Serve, Delicious! (desura)

As of March 29 2013, I have finished 10 games this year and I have bought the following games and bundles:

Games:
  1. 4 Elements (finished)
  2. 7 Grand Steps
  3. Anodyne
  4. Antichamber (finished)
  5. Humble Weekly Sale: Bastion (already finished in 2012)
  6. Brütal Legend
  7. Cognition: Episode 1
  8. Kentucky Route Zero (finished the first episode)
  9. Love+ (finished)
  10. Luminesca
  11. Starseed Pilgrim
  12. The Cave (finished)
  13. The Oil Blue
  14. Trine 2 Goblin Menace DLC
  15. Waking Mars

Bundles:
  1. LA Game Space
  2. Humble Bundle Mojam 2
  3. Humble Bundle with Android 5
  4. Humble Mobile Bundle
  5. Humble Weekly Sale: THQ
  6. Build a Greenlight Bundle
  7. Kiss Groupee
  8. Be Mine Anniversary

Finally, I recommend this website:
http://lambentstew.com/webblog/miniproject/steamanalysis

Nillansan

The game would need a humble weekly in which we would choose who to give money to.

1364503394-sans-titre.png

Nice. I am all for that.

oipic

Codies never got around to releasing/patching-in any DLC or added content for the PC version of GRID, did they?

Might still pick it up for ~$4 from GMG, I think that's the cheapest it has been in recent times.

1-D_FTW

Dirt 2 or dirt 3? Both are dirt cheap (sorry) but no point buying both

Edit: or dirt showdown

Dirt 2 - £2.49
Dirt 3 - £5
Dirt showdown - £6.79

Hopefully all with 20% off

Dirt 2 is significantly better. But if you're planning on playing these in 3D, Dirt 3 has excellent 3D while Dirt 2 is broken and unplayable.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I should get around to playing Dirt 3 more to compare. I liked Dirt 2 but the x-games dudebro shit was reeeeallly heavy-handed and hurt everything. Not just that it was there, but all the delay and sloth of navigation it causes. I just want to race, man.

1-D_FTW

I should get around to playing Dirt 3 more to compare. I liked Dirt 2 but the x-games dudebro shit was reeeeallly heavy-handed and hurt everything. Not just that it was there, but all the delay and sloth of navigation it causes. I just want to race, man.

It's not much of a comparison to be honest. The best compliment you can give Dirt 3 is this: The Monaco DLC is good enough to feel like it belongs in Dirt 2.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
New Don't Starve update today. I'd post this shit in a dedicated thread but we don't really have a dedicated thread for now.

New Features
•Adventure mode is now integrated into survival mode. In a survival mode level, you can find a special portal that will take you to the start of adventure mode. If you die in adventure mode, you will wake up back in your survival level, outside of the portal. From there you can try again (restarting at level 1, of course). Dying in survival mode is still perma-death-fatal, and retrying a survival level will always generate a new one for you. Any existing saves that you might have from previous patches will be interpreted as survival levels - you should be able to teleportate out of them to get access to the new features.
•New front-end screens for dealing with the save slots and the new game flow.
•The adventure levels have been re-done to better match what their final structure will be. They’re still a bit rough around the edges, but you can start to see the overall sweep of the game now. Please see the detailed descriptions at the end of the changelist.

New Craftables
•Healing Salve - Made from crushed spider glands and ash - heals medium wounds
•Lightning Rod - Protects bases against lightning, gives you a few nights of free light when struck.
•Heat Stone - Place it near a fire to warm it up, and then carry it around with you to fend off the bitter frost.
•Earmuffs - Made from rabbits, of course!
•The Piggyback - A fancier, bigger backpack (that slows you down!)TOU

New Creatures
•The Bishop - guards Maxwell’s structures with lightning shots

New Level Features
•Chess biome! In adventure levels, Maxwell's influence has begun creeping into the environment.
•Points of interest and traps - these are small, non-random areas that have good or bad effects.
•Touchstones - these mysterious stones act as one-time-use meat effigies if you touch them. There are a handful generated in each survival level.
•Maxwell’s door - leads to adventure mode.
•Pleasingly-arranged mushroom rings
•One-way wormhole (only in adventure mode currently)
•Pig-head-on-a-stick - someone’s been busy!

Tuning
•Compressed the XP track. You now earn 20xp per survival mode day at a flat rate, and unlock all the XP-unlockable characters a lot more quickly
•Characters have a bit more health by default. This is to reduce the number of one-shot player deaths, and give you more of a chance to run away from danger.
•The player now has 15 inventory slots
•When you advance through the teleportato in adventure mode, you can only take four items with you. Choose wisely!
•Sanity depletion in the rain is less harsh
•The HUD is a bit smaller, to show more of the game world
•Removed low-level farm plots. We really didn’t need three versions of the same thing.
•Deerclops, lightning and beefalo mating season are configurable through level gen parameters
•Stepping on spider ground will trigger a response from the den
•Tweaked mushroom spawn chances
•Abigail has more health, but enemies will fight back against her

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The games in the current Codemasters sale at GMG are all Steam redeemable and--with the extra 20% discount GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD--all but the Overlord series and OF: Dragon Rising are cheaper than they've ever been on Steam (or anywhere, for some).

Unless price histories are inaccurate, all the following are examples of such. US prices with coupon:

• Clive Barker's Jericho - $2.00
  • Damnation $2.72
  • DiRT 2 - $3.00
  • DiRT 3 - $6.80
  • DiRT Showdown - $8.16
  • F1 2010 - $5.00
  • F1 2011 - $8.16
  • F1 2012 - $16.00
  • F1 Race Stars - $8.00
  • FUEL $2.72
  • Hospital Tycoon - $2.00
  • Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins - $2.00
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River - $6.00
  • Rise of the Argonauts - $4.00

Other current notable Steam redeemable sales at GMG. US price with coupon:

• A Valley Without Wind Pack (1 + 2) - $3.00
  • LEGO Batman - $8.00
  • LEGO Batman 2 - $12.00
  • LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 - $8.00
  • LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 - $8.00
  • LEGO Lord of the Rings - $12.00
  • Party of Sin $4.80
  • Saint's Row: The Third - Full Package - $13.60
  • Saint's Row: The Third & DLC also on sale separately
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited (NA) - $12.00
  • Tomb Raider - $37.49 (Coupon N/A)
  • Tomb Raider Collection (nine older releases) - $29.99 (Coupon N/A)

The games in the current Codemasters sale at GMG are all Steam redeemable and--with the extra 20% discount GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD--many are cheaper than they've ever been on Steam (or anywhere, for some).

Unless price histories are inaccurate, all the following are examples of such. US prices with coupon:

• DiRT Showdown - $8.16
  • F1 Race Stars - $8.00
  • DiRT 3 - $6.80
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River - $6.00
  • Rise of the Argonauts - $4.00
  • DiRT 2 - $3.00
  • Damnation $2.72
  • FUEL $2.72
  • Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins - $2.00
  • Hospital Tycoon - $2.00

Add Clive Barkers Jericho to that list. Anyone know if it is any good?

xelios

Add Clive Barkers Jericho to that list. Anyone know if it is any good?

According to price history it's been $1.69 on Steam but that was almost 3 years ago, so I'll go ahead and add it to the post. Dunno anything about the game. Thanks.

Finally got around to finishing The Walking Dead (Telltale version) Spoilers:

Bit of a crappy ending. Not knowing what happened to the boat, vernon or anything. I let Clem leave me turn, didn't want her to shoot me. Better be a season 2 with someone as likable as Lee.

Bit of a crappy ending. Not knowing what happened to the boat, vernon or anything. I let Clem leave me turn, didn't want her to shoot me. Better be a season 2 with someone as likable as Lee.

He stole the boat with his "crew" and left. Episode 5 takes place over the course of a day, so it wouldn't make much sense to run into him again so quickly, especially since the main point of Ep. 5 is looking for Clem.

I started Legend of Grimrock and I am definitely enjoying it. The puzzles aren't too hard but they set up in a way that makes you feel really satisfied when you find the right block to push. Combat is... interesting but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I started Legend of Grimrock and I am definitely enjoying it. The puzzles aren't too hard but they set up in a way that makes you feel really satisfied when you find the right block to push. Combat is... interesting but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

How far are you?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I got up to the spiders nest in LoG and haven't played since. The combat doesn't help up too well against a group of speedy enemies and there's no other way through 'em. Seemed like a really good game aside from that part.

lmpaler

Did you have any technical issues when running this? The PS3 version was absolute dog shit

zkylon

zkylewd
oh wow bio infinite goes nuts. I kinda feel like I'm cheating with the respawning thing (I've died like 10 times already or something on hard diff) but without quicksaves I don't wanna gamble with the "restart from checkpoint" button.

the story is super unpredictable, it's pretty cool

xelios

Re: Vanilla Grimrock difficulty. Ice magic and learning to row swap during combat helps with difficult spots. Skill system is gimped as f*ck though; no idea why there are so many skill trees and perks when to master just one you have to pour your points into it for the entire game and ignore everything else.

Relax.MX

Re: Vanilla Grimrock difficulty. Ice magic and learning to row swap during combat helps with difficult spots. Skill system is gimped as f*ck though; no idea why there are so many skill trees and perks when to master just one you have to pour your points into it for the entire game and ignore everything else.

I learn that in the hard way :(

Salsa

holy shit at Steam Community and GAF posting every single spoiler screenshot of Bioshock Infinite without any hesitation or spoiler tag in it. Straight up ending stuff.

I finished the game yesterday, but i'd want to murder half of the people here otherwise

think a bit, guys. I know your screenshot is fucking pretty but is it worth ruining someone else's experience?

Gonna start blocking peeps whenever I come across this

holy shit at Steam Community and GAF posting every single spoiler screenshot of Bioshock Infinite without any hesitation or spoiler tag in it. Straight up ending stuff.

I finished the game yesterday, but i'd want to murder half of the people here otherwise

think a bit, guys. I know your screenshot is fucking pretty but is it worth ruining someone else's experience?

Gonna start blocking peeps whenever I come across this

Wait, there's a spoiler option for screenshots?

KarmaCow

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/sleeping-dogs-bundle/108842

This Sleeping Dogs deal any good? Base game plus a bunch of the DLC for $16.24, today only. Should I bite?

Looks like it's just Sleeping Dogs + Nightmare in North Point + the weapon/clothes dlc. So it's missing all the recent substantial DLC. Since the base game was $10 recently and frankly the all the DLC looks pretty weak anyway so I'd say no but I haven't actually played the game.

Salsa

Wait, there's a spoiler option for screenshots?

you are the worst of the bunch cloving

the worst

:p

I mean even if there wasnt an option: don't fucking post it! dont mean to single you out for the sake of being evil but just as an example

I open up community today and right there and then there's a fucking screenshot of THE MOMENT SHOWING THE ENTIRE TWIST ENDING by "ClovingWestbrook(GAF)". I keep looking through them and there's screenshots of every single reveal during the last minutes of the game, the exact moments.

I would have murdered you, cold blood.

xelios

I open up community today and right there and then there's a fucking screenshot of THE MOMENT SHOWING THE ENTIRE TWIST ENDING by "ClovingWestbrook(GAF)". I keep looking through them and there's screenshots of every single reveal during the last minutes of the game, the exact moments.

I would have murdered you, cold blood.

Yeah and also, no offense to him but, if I wanted to read about the ending to a brand new game I'd go into the OT for that game. I managed to realize and skip over his posts here in the Steam thread before I was spoiled (and before it was tagged) but, still, a little more consideration is in order.

Edit: Apology accepted, no worries friend.

Yeah and also, no offense to him but, if I wanted to read about the ending to a brand new game I'd go into the OT for that game. I managed to realize and skip over his posts here in the Steam thread before I was spoiled (and before it was tagged) but, still, a little more consideration is in order.

Sorry xelios. I definitely take blame for that. Very sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom