• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

Sorry xelios. I definitely take blame for that. Very sorry.

You know what you must do.

430px-Seppuku-2.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
you are the worst of the bunch cloving

the worst

:p

I mean even if there wasnt an option: don't fucking post it! dont mean to single you out for the sake of being evil but just as an example

I open up community today and right there and then there's a fucking screenshot of THE MOMENT SHOWING THE ENTIRE TWIST ENDING by "ClovingWestbrook(GAF)". I keep looking through them and there's screenshots of every single reveal during the last minutes of the game, the exact moments.

I would have murdered you, cold blood.
note to self: stay away from the community section for a good weak

The games in the current Codemasters sale at GMG are all Steam redeemable and--with the extra 20% discount GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD--all but the Overlord series and OF: Dragon Rising are cheaper than they've ever been on Steam (or anywhere, for some).

Unless price histories are inaccurate, all the following are examples of such. US prices with coupon:

• Hospital Tycoon - $2.00

Anyone can help me buy Hospital Tycoon for steam from GMG?
I keep getting "Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue." error on GMG.
Willing to pay 3 bucks for it via paypal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A stealth edit? Steam wasn't good at releasing soundtracks anyway.

I forgot I made it and I'd only used it once. ;)

The games in the current Codemasters sale at GMG are all Steam redeemable and--with the extra 20% discount GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD--all but the Overlord series and OF: Dragon Rising are cheaper than they've ever been on Steam (or anywhere, for some).

Unless price histories are inaccurate, all the following are examples of such. US prices with coupon:

• Clive Barker's Jericho - $2.00
  • Damnation $2.72
  • DiRT 2 - $3.00
  • DiRT 3 - $6.80
  • DiRT Showdown - $8.16
  • F1 2010 - $5.00
  • F1 2011 - $8.16
  • F1 2012 - $16.00
  • F1 Race Stars - $8.00
  • FUEL $2.72
  • Hospital Tycoon - $2.00
  • Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins - $2.00
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River - $6.00
  • Rise of the Argonauts - $4.00

Cheers. I think I own most of those, but the earlier F1 games stand out, and they're literally cheap as chips.

oh wow bio infinite goes nuts. I kinda feel like I'm cheating with the respawning thing (I've died like 10 times already or something on hard diff) but without quicksaves I don't wanna gamble with the "restart from checkpoint" button.

the story is super unpredictable, it's pretty cool

I didn't even find an option to turn off respawn (like turning off vita-chambers in BioShock). Is there one?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
IDK if you do, every time i died I reloaded the checkpoint, but they are so poorly spaced you end up getting frustrated.

It's utterly stupid that checkpoints aren't placed at moments where your objective changes. Who thought that was a good idea? (Also, something something manual saving.)

Salsa

IDK if you do, every time i died I reloaded the checkpoint, but they are so poorly spaced you end up getting frustrated.

.. why would you do that

you get taken a chunk of money and the enemies recover almost all of their health

at least in Hard

game is much clever on how it handles that than the Vita chambers. It also makes it harder than that.

Respwaning is basically like reloading a better checkpoint that the one the game gives you.

Exuro

It's depressing that more people don't know this. I'm pretty much always worried about checking out friends activity when some big game comes out.
Would be cool if Valve made it so newly released games were spoiler tagged by default for x amount of time.

Salsa

It's pretty hard to die on hard though. I mean you have to be playing pretty poorly to die in the game apart from 1999 mode it seems.

there's a certain "loop" that XANDER CAGE (I felt equally bad and great saying that) also felt into

one particular boss is a bit hard on Hard, mostly because the game doesnt explain a particular mechanic involving one of the salts.

Anyway: if you die on that boss, when you respawn you can find yourself in the situation where you dont have enough ammo, and there's no place to recharge it.

that became kinda hard in an unfair sorta way. It feels like an oversight but it kinda put a different spin on the difficulty of the game for me.

It was definetly hard to die if you controlled yourself but going head on towards the enemy really just doesnt work and you gotta think around that, that's all I want.

The Hitman games are 75% off on Steam right now. I haven't played any of these games. Are they any good? What about Absolution? That's the latest right?

If it's any help, I like stealth-based games. Tempted to buy them all for $15 but I don't want to throw my money at crap games.

Salsa

The Hitman games are 75% on Steam right now. I haven't played any of them. Are they any good? What about Absolution? That's the latest right?

If it's any help, I like stealth-based games. Tempted to buy them all for $15 but I don't want to throw my money at crap games.

buy either just Blood Money, wich is the best, or all of them for $15

Derrick01

Banned
The Hitman games are 75% off on Steam right now. I haven't played any of these games. Are they any good? What about Absolution? That's the latest right?

Just buy Blood Money which is the best of the bunch and one of the best stealth games ever. Absolution controls well and looks good like most modern big budget games but it plays like shit and spits on the franchise....like most modern big budget games.

buy either just Blood Money, wich is the best, or all of them for $15

Just buy Blood Money which is the best of the bunch and one of the best stealth games ever. Absolution controls well and looks good like most modern big budget games but it plays like shit and spits on the franchise....like most modern big budget games.
Thanks for the recs, guys. Blood Money it is then. Only $2.49! Woohoo!

Interestingly, in the page for Hitman Absolution is this notice:
Notice: Purchases made in this country will only be playable in Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Lame. So if I ever move out of my country to another that doesn't include the ones in this list, I won't be able to play the game anymore? Not cool.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

If you only want to play one, Blood Money is the only right choice. Codename 47 feels TOO dated now, while Silent Assassin is way unforgiving, and Absolution isn't a Hitman game.

Thanks for the recs, guys. Blood Money it is then. Only $2.49! Woohoo!

Interestingly, in the page for Hitman Absolution is this notice:

Lame. So if I ever move out of my country to another that doesn't include the ones in this list, I won't be able to play the game anymore? Not cool.

No. I believe that has to do with buying said game. Once you buy a game it's added to your account which follows you wherever you go.

ShaneB

Would be cool if Valve made it so newly released games were spoiler tagged by default for x amount of time.

It's just odd to think why people would upload spoiler-esque screenshots. I've had people upload Walking Dead screenshots and just send a friendly reminder to them to spoiler tag them and say maybe it's not the best idea to upload screenshots of a story heavy game? *shrug*

Grief.exe

.. why would you do that

you get taken a chunk of money and the enemies recover almost all of their health

at least in Hard

game is much clever on how it handles that than the Vita chambers. It also makes it harder than that.

Respwaning is basically like reloading a better checkpoint that the one the game gives you.

I would rather reply the entire encounter.

Grief.exe

I really pretty much did at the end, player skill goes completely out the window when they just continuously throw bullet sponge enemies at you that aren't susceptible to headshots.

It was kind of a joke to be honest with you, you had to really start 'cheesing' the encounters rather than worrying about positioning, ammo, or headshots.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really pretty much did at the end, player skill goes completely out the window when they just continuously throw bullet sponge enemies at you that aren't susceptible to headshots.

It was kind of a joke to be honest with you, you had to really start 'cheesing' the encounters rather than worrying about positioning, ammo, or headshots.

Idk, headshots stayed pretty relevant for me on hard.

Grief.exe

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/84h9k6/metal-gear-solid-v--the-phantom-pain-kojima-interview

New MGSV interview, Kojima repeatedly states that it is running on PC, and he couldn't comment on next gen release.

He was then asked if they could expect those kind of visuals on current gen platforms, he basically said no and everything shown is running on a PC.

Idk, headshots stayed pretty relevant for me on hard.

For bullet sponge enemies, they really didn't. For regular enemies, ya no problem.

By bullet sponge enemies I mean those guys with the helmets that didn't seem to get knocked off, or the guys
with Founder helmets on in the Comstock house

Headshots were pretty much irrelevant, you had to cheese them to win in that situation.

And to a lesser extent the mechanical patriots, but these could be taken care of in other ways.

I was playing on Hard.

Grief.exe

Is crashing every once in a while common in Bioshock Infinite or is it just me?

These damn checkpoints.

If you check the PC performance thread its actually seems to be pretty common.

I probably crashed 4-5 times.

Its funny because Dark Souls gets a lot of bad rap, but I never crashed once.

Salsa

playing Tomb Raider on my TV so im more comfy while using the controller

native res is 1360x768, so I can either pull off constant 60 with SSAAx2 + TressFX, or SSAAx4 with regular hair. Otherwise I get some drops.

decisions decisions

I dont really like how TressFX looks, but im interested in seeing more of it throughout the game since its the "new" thang. Might stick with it.

Salsa

If you're playing the game at a distance, why do you need more than 2x SSAA?

because imma graphics bitch

I can still see some jaggies even from where im at shut up

also the game chugs at in-game cutscenes even when they are less demanding that the sections you're playing, so uh yeah that's weird

inky

note to self: stay away from the community section for a good weak

Ugh, I might have to stay away from the entire internet until I buy it. I'm pretty sure I was like 2 words away of being spoiled in an unrelated forum, and I'm the kind of person who usually shrugs spoilers off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom