• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I thought that indie game sale was over after today. Went to buy Super Hexagon and the price went back up. gah.

Dr Dogg

Bio 2 lost the impact of the first one but is stll a very good game with very good mechanics, I just don't understand the "I played this new stuff and then I played a old game and is crap I just can't play this shit"..fuckin capitalism

The game is playable, is very good, with problems I know, don't have the graphics or polish than Infinite but is a good game, and objectively don't feel archaic, is just a different game and is not a 2013 game

Well it's more to do with played the first (mainly because System Shock 2 is one of my fav games) on release and loved it. Got the second about 6 months after it came out on the cheap (sounded like a cash cow and was made by an entirely different developer) and tried about 5 or 6 times to get into it but over all it never has gripped me and the story is very convoluted so far and I sense a fair few retcons as to what Ken Levine intended for the overall narrative of the first. Couldn't put Infinite down but now I've finished it I though I may as well try and finish 2 for the like 7th attempt but it's like I said feels like a fan game.

Graphically and mechanically holding up is not the issue but the story hasn't got me even the slightest bit interested in playing it. If it somehow gets better latter on I'd be will to give it some more time but so far I've managed 3 hours in and just find it lacking every time.

Zia

A few Valve games were added to my Mac library. I recognize Ricochet and Deathmatch Classic but I have a total of four new Mac games and I don't recognize the other two, so I'm assuming they're Valve as well.

Miker

Yeah, I think the going price for XCOM keys/gifts is around $15 anyway, and 75% off would be $12.50, so if you want it, go hunt around in the community buy/sell/trade thread and cheapassgamer's steam trade thread.

Well Derrick, just bought Hitman Absolution for $7. Figure can't go wrong for that price. Hopefully it becomes my favorite game EVER and then we can join hands and sing in harmony.

FloatOn

Trying to sustain my BioShock fix so attempting to play 2 but after Infinite it feels like a fan game or a mod for the original. Is the story worth persevering with or should I just move on to pastures new?

Bioshock 2 > Bioshock 1

Come at me.

Totally worth finishing. It kind of does what resident evil 3 for part 2, being both a prequel and sequel. Really fleshes out the history of Rapture. The weapons and powers in this is probably the best I've played in the Bioshock games. Including Infinite (thus far).

Playing 1 and 2 back to back for the first time this month was a hell of a ride.

Great minds think alike. I also was itching for more Bioshock after finishing Infinite, so I decided to try out 2.

They removed 360 pad support? Bioshock 1 supported it, what idiot made the call to remove support in 2? Fuck, this sucks.

FloatOn

Great minds think alike. I also was itching for more Bioshock after finishing Infinite, so I decided to try out 2.

They removed 360 pad support? Bioshock 1 supported it, what idiot made the call to remove support in 2? Fuck, this sucks.

kbm > pad

For FPS games anyway.

Question: when your laptop meets the minimum requirements for a game but not the recommended requirements, do you still purchase? (assuming, of course, that you're going to play the game at some point)

I'm worried that it will play like shit.

Question: when your laptop meets the minimum requirements for a game but not the recommended requirements, do you still purchase? (assuming, of course, that you're going to play the game at some point)

I'm worried that it will play like shit.

You'll probably just need to switch the graphics to medium. But it depends on how close enough to the required settings you're on.

And how well optimized the game is.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So that's JaseC's voice. Now I'll never look at her the same.

Jar Jar Ronan.

lolnpl26.jpg

:p

Joe Molotov

I'm totally up for another FUEL run, it's been forever. I'll presumably have most of the starter area stuff unlocked though, which can make it difficult for new players to coordinate on points.

If anyone wants to suggest a time, please just give me a day or two advance notice so I can redownload.

I redownloaded FUEL tonight (it's only 3 1/2 GB). Let's get up in this bitch!

bro1

Banned

They removed it?! Wtf? I just bought it for my htpc.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Steam linux just updated and I see some new games in beta state that they weren't before or Am I crazy?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
How is GRID and FUEL? I might be getting them. What else should I get from the Codemaster sale?

I really like FUEL and think it's quite underrated. It's a flawed experience but I find it to be such a great game to chill out too. I especially enjoy the races in the various weather conditions and it's got some nice locations. It's the sort of game I just put a marker on the map and drive to it whilst chillin to podcasts or whatever. Sometimes I just like to take in the atmosphere and go for a long drive as well. That's not very appealing to everyone of course but I dig it.

There's also a pretty cool mod for it called FUEL Refueled. It's made by one guy but a lot of work has gone into it. He's very dedicated to it though releases can be slow but it's still cool to mess around with.

The big turnoff is that it uses GFWL which is as shit as always but I still enjoy the game regardless.

Atilac

I'm not sure if I should try here or the buy/sell/trade thread in community. But is anyone willing to trade Hitman Absolution and Endless space for my copy of XCOM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom